R 141715Z OCT 21
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MP//
SUBJ/CALL FOR PARTICIPATION IN THE NOVEMBER 2021 OFFICER WOMEN LEADERSHIP SYMPOSIUM VIRTUAL MINISERIES//
POC/M. J. SHEPPARD/CIV/CMC (MPE)/-/TEL: COM 703-784-9371/DSN 278/ EMAIL: MARC.SHEPPARD@USMC.MIL//
POC/A. QUINONES/SGT/CMC (MPE)/-/TEL: COM 703-784-9371/DSN 278/ EMAIL: ANTHONY.QUINONES@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Academy Women will host the final of its three-part miniseries of the 2021 Officer Women Leadership Symposium (OWLS) as a virtual event on 9 November 2021. The half-day event will bring together women leaders in the military and veteran communities from all services, experts, innovators, and thought leaders. The theme of the final miniseries is “Reimagining Meaningful Leadership: Leading with Humility, Power, and Influence.” Manpower and Reserve Affairs (M&RA) Opportunity, Diversity, and Inclusion Branch (MPE) will sponsor 50 conference registration fees for this event.
2. OWLS provides service members and Department of Defense (DoD) civilians the opportunity to network with like-minded colleagues and to grow professionally and personally through keynote messages, workshops, and panel discussions. The speakers are leaders from the military, public, and private sectors who offer their support and personal advice. Participants will have tremendous opportunities for mentorship while connecting with veteran and current military service members at every level of leadership and from every military branch of service. For additional information, you may access the Academy Women website at www.militaryowls.org.
3. Commanders may authorize Permissive Temporary Additional Duty (PTAD) for Marines and Sailors attached to their unit to allow virtual participation in an environment without distractions. Commanders/Supervisors may also approve civilian Marine participation in an environment without distractions. All Marine Corps registration fees must be coordinated through MPE.
4. Requests to participate in this event should be emailed to the group mailbox MPE_Outreach@usmc.mil via your Officer-in-Charge and include the following information: name, rank, unit, email, and duty station. Replies from MPE should be used in justifying PTAD requests. Submit requests to participate no later than 4 November 2021.
5. The uniform of the day for the event is Service “C” for any attendee broadcasting images or video in the course of their participation.
6. Academy Women is a non-federal entity wholly independent of the Marine Corps.
7. This MARADMIN is applicable to the Marine Corps Total Force.
8. Release authorized by BGen A. T. Williamson, Director, Manpower Plans and Policy Division.//