R 141749Z OCT 21
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MM//
SUBJ/FISCAL YEAR 2021 COMMANDANT OF THE MARINE CORPS CAREER PLANNER STAFF NONCOMMISSIONED OFFICER IN CHARGE OF THE YEAR AWARD//
REF/A/MSGID: DOC/MCCDC/YMD: 20050509//
REF/B/MSGID: DOC/CMC MMEA/YMD: 20100908//
REF/C/MSGID: DOC/CMC MMPR-2/14JUN2012//
NARR/REF A IS MCO 1650.39B, COMMANDANT OF THE MARINE CORPS (CMC) COMBINED AWARDS PROGRAM. REF B IS MCO 1040.31, ENLISTED RETENTION AND CAREER DEVELOPMENT MANUAL. REF C IS MCO P1400.32D W/CH 2, MARINE CORPS PROMOTION MANUAL, VOLUME 2, ENLISTED PROMOTIONS (MARCORPROMMAN VOL 2 ENLPROM).//
POC/S. P. ROBERTS/MGYSGT/HQMC MMEA-1/-/TEL: (703) 432-9125/ EMAIL: STEPHEN.ROBERTS@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Purpose. This message coordinates the submission of nominations for the Fiscal Year 2021 (FY21) Commandant of the Marine Corps (CMC) Career Planner Staff Noncommissioned Officer in Charge (SNCOIC) of the Year award.
2. Background. Reference (a) established the subject award to provide recognition for performance that reflects exceptional leadership, management/organizational skills, devotion to duty, and initiative in support of maintaining a quality enlisted career force. Marines nominated for the Career Planner SNCOIC of the Year have displayed a consistently high level of performance that significantly and positively impacted mission accomplishment.
3. Manpower Management Enlisted Assignments CMC (MMEA) will convene the FY21 Career Planner SNCOIC of the Year board at Headquarters U.S. Marine Corps, on or about 10 November 2021. Applications must be submitted to CMC (MMEA) no later than 3 November 2021. Applications will be submitted via the Total Force Retention System (TFRS) as a SDA/Miscellaneous Duty request. Selection results will be published via MARADMIN.
4. Nominations. Nominations must be endorsed by the first Commanding General-level unit in the Marine's chain of command. Up to two nominations for Career Planner SNCOIC of the Year are permitted per Commanding General-level unit.
5. Criteria. All nominees for Career Planner SNCOIC of the Year must meet the following criteria:
5.a. Not have been previously awarded CMC Career Planner SNCOIC of the Year.
5.b. Must be in the rank of Staff Sergeant or Gunnery Sergeant.
5.c. Must hold the primary military occupational specialty 4821.
5.d. Must have served in a valid Career Planner SNCOIC billet for no less than 9 months during FY21.
5.e. Must have undergone a staff assist visit inspection from a major subordinate command Career Planner or a Commanding General Readiness Inspection and received a Mission Capable rating within the previous 12 months for the billet SNM is being submitted for.
5.f. Must meet all reenlistment pre-requisites.
5.g. Must have a first class PFT and CFT.
6. Submission requirements. All packages must contain the following information at a minimum:
6.a. Commanding General endorsement.
6.b. Nomination letter from the command.
6.c. Career Planner SNCOIC of the Year checklist.
6.d. Career Planner SNCOIC of the Year data sheet.
6.e. One page autobiography.
6.f. Copy of pages 11, 12, 13, and UPB.
6.g. Copy of functional area checklist completed per paragraph 5.e.
7. An example of all required documents are available for download via TFRS.
8. Per reference (c), meritorious promotion is not authorized for selection as the Career Planner SNCOIC of the Year.
9. The Marine selected as the Career Planner SNCOIC of the Year will receive a Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal from the Commandant of the Marine Corps.
10. Commands will generate a Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal recommendation in the Headquarters Marine Corps awards processing system. The first sentence of the Summary of Action (SOA) will read "Nominee for Career Planner Staff Noncommissioned Officer in Charge." A complete copy of the award recommendation (1650, SOA, and citation) will be included in the nomination package.
11. The date and location for the awards ceremony will be forthcoming in a future MARADMIN.
12. This MARADMIN is not applicable to the Marine Corps Reserve.
13. Release authorized by BGen Michael J. Borgschulte, Director, Manpower Management Division.//