R 181206Z OCT 21
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC PPO PS//
SUBJ/ELIMINATION OF MINNESOTA MULTIPHASIC PERSONALITY INVENTORY (MMPI) REQUIREMENT FOR MARINE CORPS LAW ENFORCEMENT PERSONNEL//
REF/A/MSGID: MCO 5580.5/20190830//
NARR/REFERENCE (A) IS THE MARINE CORPS ORDER GOVERNING THE MARINE CORPS CIVILIAN LAW ENFORCEMENT PROGRAM//
POC/MACEO B. FRANKS/CIV/PSL/TEL: 703-692-4245//
POC/COLIN J. EDWARDS/MAJ/PSL/TEL: 703-692-4247//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. This MARADMIN is to inform Provost Marshals, Police Chiefs, and Human Resource Officers (HROs) that the MMPI will no longer be used within the Marine Corps Law Enforcement Program (MCLEP).
2. Effective the date of this MARADMIN, the updated Police Applicant Suitability Review (PASR) will be the only background and suitability assessment tool utilized during the hiring process. Employees currently in a position that requires a Minnesota Multiphasic Personality Inventory (MMPI) who have not taken one are considered grandfathered in and are required to take only the legacy PASR. Affected positions include: GS-0083 Police Officer; GS-1801 Evidence Custodian; GS-1712 Training Specialist; GS-1811 Criminal Investigator; GS-0086 Alarm Monitor; GS-0392 Alarm Monitor/Dispatcher; WG-6610-Small Arms Repairer; GS-2005 – Supply Tech (RFI) and Armorer.
3. MCLEP PDs have been updated to reflect this change. Installations shall ensure newly hired employees are associated with the updated PDs. No locally generated PD’s are authorized for MCLEP positions.
4. REF (A) is currently under revision in order to incorporate this change.
5. This MARADMIN is applicable to the Marine Corps Total Force.
6. Release authorized by SES Randy Smith, Assistant Deputy Commandant, Plans, Policies and Operations (Security).//