R 211930Z OCT 21
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA RA//
SUBJ/FISCAL YEAR 2021 (FY21) COMMANDANT OF THE MARINE CORPS (CMC) ACTIVE RESERVE (AR) CAREER PLANNER OF THE YEAR AWARD//
REF/A/MSGID: DOC/MCCDC/YMD: 20050509//
REF/B/MSGID: DOC/CMC RA/YMD: 20200626//
REF/C/MSGID: DOC/CMC MMPR/YMD: 20120614//
REF/D/MSGID: DOC/CMC MMPR/YMD: 20160310//
NARR/REFERENCE (A) IS MCO 1650.39B, THE COMMANDANT OF THE MARINE CORPS (CMC) COMBINED AWARDS PROGRAM. REFERENCE (B) IS MCO 1040R.31, THE MARINE CORPS RESERVE ENLISTED RETENTION AND CAREER DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM. REFERENCE C IS MCO P1400.32D, MARINE CORPS PROMOTION MANUAL, VOLUME 2, ENLISTED PROMOTIONS. REFERENCE (D) IS THE MCATS APPROVAL FROM MMPR ESTABLISHING A MERITORIOUS PROMOTION ALLOCATION FOR THE ACTIVE RESERVE CAREER PLANNER OF THE YEAR.
POC/ROBERT D. NOYES/MGYSGT/RESERVE AFFAIRS/TEL/COMM 703-784-0583/EMAIL: ROBERT.NOYES@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Purpose. This MARADMIN coordinates the submission of nominations for the FY21 CMC AR Career Planner of the Year Award.
a. Reference (a) established the subject award to provide recognition for performance that reflects exceptional leadership, management/organization skills, devotion to duty, and initiative in support of maintaining a quality enlisted career force. Marines nominated for the AR Career Planner of the Year Award have displayed a consistently high level of performance that significantly and positively impacted mission accomplishment.
3. Reserve Affairs (RA) will convene the FY21 AR Career Planner of the Year Board at Headquarters, U.S. Marine Corps, on or about 17 November 2021. Nominations must be submitted to CMC RA prior to 2359 Eastern Standard Time (EST) on 14 November 2021. Nominations will be submitted by Marine Forces Reserve via the Total Force Retention System (TFRS) as a reserve request/special request/SDA only. Nominations submitted after the established deadline will not be considered by the board. Selection results will be published via a MARADMIN message.
4. Nominations. Nominations must be endorsed by the first Commanding General in the Marine’s command. Two AR Career Planner nominations are permitted per Commanding General-level unit.
5. Eligibility criteria.
a. Not have been previously awarded CMC Career Planner of the Year.
b. Must be a Sergeant or Staff Sergeant.
c. Must hold the primary military occupational specialty of 4821 and have served in valid Career Planner billets for the entire fiscal year.
d. Must have undergone a staff assist visit inspection from a major subordinate command Career Planner or a Commanding General readiness inspection and received a mission capable rating within the previous 12 months.
e. Must meet all reenlistment pre-requisites per reference (b).
f. Must have a first class Physical Fitness Test and Combat Fitness Test.
g. Must be PME complete for grade.
6. Submission requirements:
a. Nomination letter from the Marine’s command.
b. AR Career Planner of the Year checklist.
c. AR Career Planner of the Year data sheet.
d. One page autobiography.
e. Copy of pages 11, 12, 13, and Unit Punishment Book if applicable.
f. Copy of completed functional area checklist or staff assist visit documents with rating results.
7. Examples of required documents are available for download via the Total Force Retention System.
8. Per reference (d), the AR Career Planner of the Year will be meritoriously promoted.
9. The Marine selected as the AR Career Planner of the Year will receive a Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal from the CMC.
10. Commands will generate a Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal recommendation in the Headquarters Marine improved Awards Processing System (iAPS). The first sentence of the Summary of Action (SOA) will read “Nominee for AR Career Planner of the Year 2021." A complete copy of the award recommendation (HQMC EF NAVMC 11533, SOA, and citation) will be included in the nomination package.
11. The date and location for the awards ceremony will be announced in future correspondence.
12. This MARADMIN is only applicable to Career Planners serving on the AR Program.
13. Release authorized by Major General H. G. Pratt, Director, Reserve Affairs Division.//