R 262100Z JAN 22
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MP//
SUBJ/CALL FOR PARTICIPATION IN THE 2022 VIRTUAL WOMEN IN LEADERSHIP DISTINGUISHED SPEAKERS SERIES EVENT//
POC/M. J. SHEPPARD/CIV/CMC (MPE)/-/TEL: COM 703-784-9371/DSN 278/EMAIL: MARC.SHEPPARD@USMC.MIL//
POC/A. QUINONES/SGT/CMC (MPE)/-/TEL: COM 703-784-9371/DSN 278/EMAIL: ANTHONY.QUINONES@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. The Academy Women will host their second annual virtual Women in Leadership Distinguished Speakers Series (DSS) event on 3 February 2022.
2. The DSS are virtual and regional professional development events hosted online and at various locations nationwide. Each DSS event takes a deep dive into a specific issue area, industry and/or competency related to women’s leadership. In partnership with premier institutions of higher learning and organizations committed to diversity and inclusion, the DSS brings together the Academy Women partners’ mutual commitments to promote women’s leadership in a diverse world, research, critical thinking and innovative problem-solving regarding issues related to women and girls. Distinguished women leaders from around the world are expected to attend each DSS event. More information can be found on the Academy Women website at www.AcademyWomen.org.
3. Commanders may authorize Permissive Temporary Additional Duty (PTAD) for Marines and Sailors attached to their unit to allow virtual participation in an environment without distractions. Commanders/Supervisors may also approve civilian Marine participation in an environment without distractions. All Marine Corps registration fees must be coordinated through MPE.
4. Requests to participate in this event should be emailed to the group mailbox MPE_Outreach@usmc.mil via your Officer-in-Charge and include the following information: name, rank, EDIPI, unit, email, and duty station. Replies from MPE should be used in justifying PTAD requests. Submit requests to participate no later than 31 January 2022.
5. The uniform of the day for the event is Service “B” for any attendee broadcasting images or video in the course of their participation.
6. Academy Women is a non-federal entity wholly independent of the Marine Corps.
7. This MARADMIN is applicable to the Marine Corps Total Force.
8. Release authorized by BGen A. T. Williamson, Director, Manpower Plans and Policy Division.//