R 111830Z MAR 22
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC CDI WASHINGTON DC//
SUBJ/RESULTS OF THE MARINE CORPS STUDIES SYSTEM (MCSS) FY22 STUDIES REVIEW BOARD #1 AND THE CALL FOR STUDIES FOR FY22 STUDIES REVIEW BOARD #2//
REF/A/MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC CDI/R 231730Z SEP 21//
REF/B/DOC/CMC WASHINGTON DC/-/25SEP08//
NARR/REF A ANNOUNCED RESULTS OF THE MARINE CORPS STUDIES SYSTEM (MCSS) FY21 STUDIES REVIEW BOARD #2 AND THE CALL FOR STUDIES FOR FY22 STUDIES REVIEW BOARD #1. REF B IS MCO 3902.1D (DRAFT), MARINE CORPS STUDIES SYSTEM (MCSS)//
POC/ALEXANDRA KINDELL/GS11/OAD/-/TEL: 703-784-4289/EMAIL: ALEXANDRA.KINDELL@USMC.MIL//
POC/LISA R. WATTS/GS13/OAD/-/TEL: 703-784-8189/EMAIL: LISA.WATTS@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Per reference (A), this message announces the results of the FY22 Studies Review Board (SRB) #1 and announces the FY22 SRB #2 call for studies.
2. Approved studies are categorized as Tier I or Tier II. Tier I nominations are those considered appropriate and meet the criteria provided in reference (A). These study nominations will be commenced as soon as possible. Tier II nominations are those found to be appropriate, but either cannot be executed with available resources and/or require further development (e.g., refinement of study scope).
3. The following study nominations are Tier I (sponsor in parentheses).
3.A. Advanced Reconnaissance Vehicle Analysis of Alternatives Update (DC, CD&I)
3.B. 2030 Marine Expeditionary Unit Munitions Study Phase Zero (DC, CD&I)
3.C. Incentives for Special Assignments: Factors that Influence Billet Choices of Top Talent (DC, M&RA)
3.D. USMC Officer Nominative Position Study (DC, M&RA)
3.E. The Development of a Multi-Skilled Enlisted Force (DC, M&RA)
3.F. Enlisted Initial Contract Length and Retention Tenure (DC, M&RA)
3.G. Command and Control and Distribution Network Requirements in Expeditionary Advanced Basing Operations (CG, II MEF)
4. The following studies are Tier II:
4.A. Effects of the Prior Service Alignment Plan Cycle on Affiliation in the Reserve (DC, M&RA)
4.B. Quality Assessment in the Active Reserve (AR) Program Support (DC, M&RA)
4.C. Analyzing Risk Drivers to Increased Readiness (CG, II MEF)
5. The Operations Analysis Directorate (OAD) study lead appointed to oversee each accepted study will contact the agency POC as provided in the study nomination to prepare for study execution. Those study nominations not listed above were declined for execution POCs for declined study nominations will be contacted via email. For all questions regarding the study nomination process, email: OAD_studies@usmc.mil.
6. This message also announces the MCSS Call for Studies for the FY22 SRB #2 and solicits nominations for relevant and impactful studies. The nomination period is the date this message is published through 19 July 2022, which will be the deadline for submitting a nomination. Nominations received after the deadline will not be considered until after the Studies Review Board. If any Department submits multiple study nominations, each nomination must be ranked to indicate the priorities of the Department. Each study must be sponsored by a senior official (Colonel or GS-15, or higher). Studies may be cosponsored by multiple commands as applicable.
6.A. Nominations may be submitted at any time; however, pending specific coordination and prioritization, study nominations not received by the 19 July 2022 deadline will be held for review until the following SRB.
6.B. Study nominations related to direction and guidance contained in the 38th Commandant’s Planning Guidance and subsequent Force Design 2030 annual updates will be given precedence over all others. Specifically, priority will be given to study nominations in the areas of force design (equipment modernization), education and training, and talent management.
6.C. Study nominations are to be submitted digitally via the OAD IntelShare portal: https:(slash)(slash)intelshare.intelink.gov/sites/OAD/SitePages/Submit Study Nomination.aspx. If you do not have an Intelink account, you can create one at the Intelink homepage: https:(slash)(slash)intelink.gov.
7. Assistance and consultation in shaping study nominations is available from OAD_Studies@usmc.mil. To obtain additional information regarding OAD and the study nomination process, please visit https:(slash)(slash)www.mccdc.marines.mil/Units/OAD/Marine-Corps-Study-System.
8. Release authorized by Lieutenant General Karsten S. Heckl, Deputy Commandant for Combat Development and Integration.//