R 211733Z MAR 22
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MM//
SUBJ/FY22 2ND SEMI-ANNUAL SPECIAL DUTY ASSIGNMENT MERITORIOUS PROMOTION ALLOCATIONS//
REF/A/MSGID: DOC/CMC/YMD: 20120614//
REF/B/MSGID: MSG/CMC/DTG: 081912ZJUN20//
REF/C/MSGID: DOC/CMC/YMD: 20210511//
REF/D/MSGID: DOC/CMC/YMD: 20220309//
REF/E/MSGID: MSG/CMC/DTG: 191450ZDEC16//
REF/F/MSGID: MSG/CMC/DTG: 221917ZFEB22//
NARR/REF A IS MCO P1400.32D W/CH 2, MARINE CORPS PROMOTION MANUAL, VOLUME 2, ENLISTED PROMOTIONS. REF B IS MARADMIN 334/20, FORTHCOMING CHANGES TO MCO P1400.32D, MARINE CORPS PROMOTION MANUAL, VOLUME 2, ENLISTED PROMOTIONS. REF C IS MCO P1326.6 W/CH-1, SELECTING, SCREENING, AND PREPARING ENLISTED MARINES FOR SCREENABLE BILLETS, AND INDEPENDENT DUTY ASSIGNMENTS (SCREENMAN). REF D IS THE FY22 2ND SEMI-ANNUAL SPECIAL DUTY ASSIGNMENT MERITORIOUS PROMOTION ALLOCATIONS. REF E IS MARADMIN 663/16, THE EXEMPTION TO ENLISTED PROFESSIONAL MILITARY EDUCATION POLICY FOR MARINES SERVING ON SPECIAL DUTY ASSIGNMENTS. REF F IS MARADMIN 064/22, SUPPLEMENTAL GUIDANCE FOR THE EXEMPTION TO ENLISTED PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION POLICY FOR MARINES SERVING ON SPECIAL DUTY ASSIGNMENTS.//
POC/STEPHANIE J. MAXWELL/MAJ/CMC MMPR-2/-/TEL: DSN 278-9710/EMAIL: STEPHANIE.MAXWELL@USMC.MIL//
POC/CYRUS J. WILLIAMS/MSGT/CMC MMPR-2/-/TEL: DSN 278-9718/EMAIL: CYRUS.J.WILLIAMS1@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Purpose. To provide the FY22 meritorious promotion allocations for Special Duty Assignments (SDA) to commanding generals and commanding officers for the second semi-annual period.
2. Background. These meritorious Staff Noncommissioned Officer (SNCO) promotion allocations provide commanders the opportunity to nominate a select number of Marines for meritorious promotion to the grades of gunnery sergeant and staff sergeant. Meritorious promotions recognize Marines for their superior potential for increased responsibility based upon their extraordinary performance, sacrifice, and contribution to the success of the Marine Corps.
3. Commanders with allocations listed in paragraph 5 will convene selection boards within their commands and nominate Marines for meritorious promotion by the Commandant of the Marine Corps (CMC). The recommendations of the selection boards for the meritorious promotion of Marines to gunnery sergeant and staff sergeant among SDA will be endorsed by the commander and submitted via naval letter to CMC (MMPR-2). The letter must be received no later than 2 May 2022. Upon review and approval of the nominations by the CMC Manpower Management Division (MM), unit diary entries will be entered by Headquarters Marine Corps. Commanders will prepare certificates of appointment in accordance with reference (a). SDA commands will receive meritorious promotion authority for 2 June 2022 promotions via separate correspondence. Marines already selected for the next grade by a regular promotion board are still eligible for meritorious promotion to that grade. In accordance with reference (b) Marines who are selected to the ranks of SSgt through SgtMaj/MGySgt to include meritorious promotions must have at least 24 months obligated service remaining on contract from the date of promotion.
4. Per reference (c), Marines currently serving on SDA will continue to receive corresponding meritorious promotions as authorized by current policy. The updated version of the reference will defer to appropriate orders and instructions regarding promotions and any changes to meritorious promotion criteria will be released via separate correspondence to announce or update these incentives.
5. Per reference (d) meritorious promotion allocations for the second semi-annual period are:
Command SSgt/GySgt allocations
Marine Corps Recruiting Command
(Drill Instructors) 14/4
(Combat Instructors) 13/2
MCESG (Embassy Security Guards) 16/1
MCSF (Security Force Guards) 3/1
5.a. Nominations must be submitted via naval correspondence to the SMB EnlistedPromotions@USMC.mil to include the following:
Rank Name EDIPI MCC/Unit
5.b. These allocations are applicable to all Marines serving in the active component and active reserve component.
6. Meritorious promotions will be effective on 2 June 2022.
7. For enlisted promotion matters call comm (703) 784-9718 or DSN 278-9718. Email inquiries may be submitted to: email@example.com. Click on Compatibility View Settings in the options menu, and ensure that display intranet sites is unchecked. This maradmin will be posted to the promotion branch website: www.manpower.usmc.mil, select "Active Marine," "Manpower Management (MM)," "Promotion Branch," then "Enlisted Promotions." From there click on "Message Traffic," then "SNCO Messages," then click on the Meritorious tab.
8. Release authorized by MajGen Michael J. Borgschulte, Director, Manpower Management Division.//