R 141348Z APR 22
MSGID/GENADMIN/CG EDCOM QUANTICO VA//
SUBJ/ACADEMIC YEAR 2023 CLASS DATES FOR THE ENLISTED COLLEGE DISTANCE EDUCATION SEMINAR PROGRAMS//
REF/A/DOC/CMC WASHINGTON DC/14 JUN 12/REF/B/MSG/CMC WASHINGTON DC/132101ZSEP21//
REF/C/MSG/CMC WASHINGTON DC/191450ZDEC16//
REF/D/DOC/HEADQUARTERS MARINE CORPS/AUG 21//
NARR/REF A, MCO P1400.32D, IS THE ENLISTED PROMOTION MANUAL. REF B, MARADMIN 474-21, UPDATED THE PME PROMOTION REQUIREMENTS FOR ENLISTED MARINES. REF C, MARADMIN 663-16, IDENTIFIED EXEMPTIONS TO ENLISTED PROFESSIONAL MILITARY EDUCATION POLICY FOR MARINES SERVING ON SPECIAL DUTY ASSIGNMENTS. REF D, NAVMC 11580, IS THE STANDARD COMMAND SCREENING CHECKLIST.//
POC/T.J. DEVLIN/COLLEGE OF DISTANCE EDUCATION AND TRAINING, MCU/LOC: QUANTICO/TEL: (703)432-5684/EMAIL: TIMOTHY.DEVLIN@USMCU.EDU.//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. This message announces the Academic Year (AY) 2023 class dates for the College of Distance Education and Training (CDET) Enlisted College seminar programs: EPME5500 Sergeants School Seminar Program (SSSP), EPME6500 Career School Seminar Program (CSSP), and EPME7500 Advanced School Seminar Program (ASSP).
2. For purposes of promotion and assignment, completion of a seminar program is equivalent to completion of the associated school at a Staff Noncommissioned Ofﬁcer Academy.
3. The seminars are executed through the CDET regional campuses. Class dates for all seminar programs across all regions will run concurrently. Marine Corps University announces the AY 2023 class dates for the CDET Enlisted College seminar programs:
Class Registration Deadline Beginning Week Ending Week
1-23 24 Jun 2022 11 Jul 2022 21 Oct 2022
2-23 21 Oct 2022 7 Nov 2022 24 Feb 2023
3-23 24 Feb 2023 13 Mar 2023 23 Jun 2023
4. Nominees must meet the Marine Corps Body Composition Program standards, have completed the associated prerequisite Distance Education Program (DEP) on MarineNet (EPME5000 Sergeants School DEP for SSSP, EPME6000 Career School DEP for CSSP, and EPME7000 Advanced School DEP for ASSP), and be endorsed by their commanding ofﬁcer via the command screening checklist, reference (d).
5. Seminar Registration
5.a. Seminar registration has moved to MarineNet.
5.a.1. Individual Marines or their units can request enrollment in any of the seminar programs via MarineNet at https:(slash)(slash)www.marine.net.usmc.mil.
5.a.2. A completed Navy and Marine Corps Publication (NAVMC) 11580 Command Screening Checklist endorsed by the unit’s commander will be uploaded to MarineNet as part of the enrollment process.
5.a.3. Training videos explaining the enrollment process via MarineNet can be found on the CDET homepage at https:(slash)(slash)www.usmcu.edu/CDET/enlisted/#cdet_enrollment.
5.a.4. As commands continue to transition to the new registration process during AY23, regions will accept registration packages via email. Marines can forward their registration packages, including a completed NAVMC 11580 Command Screening Checklist, to the appropriate CDET regional point of contact listed in paragraph 5.c.
5.b. The registration deadline is 14 days prior to the convening week. Your command must approve your enrollment request by the registration deadline. If your request shows as “pending” in MarineNet, contact your unit training section to request that a unit training manager approve your request in MarineNet, or contact your Sergeant Major to ensure that your command has approved your attendance before the registration deadline.
5.c. Regional points of contact for seminars are:
5.c.1. Camp Lejeune Region: All seminars, Eve Worley, (910)451-2149, CDET_CampLejeune.RC@usmc.mil.
5.c.2. Camp Pendleton Region: ASSP, Robert Hightower, (760)763-8425, CDET_CampPendleton@usmc.mil. SSSP and CSSP, Harrison Tanksley, (760)763-8425, CDET_CampPendleton@usmc.mil.
5.c.3. Fort Worth Region: SSSP, Earl DeLack, (817)782-1204, CDET_FortWorth@usmc.mil. CSSP and ASSP, Steve Collier, (817)782-1204
5.c.4. Hawaii Region: All seminars, Juan Williams, (808)257-3963, CDET_Hawaii@usmc.mil.
5.c.5. Miramar Region: SSSP, Patrick Tracy, (858)307-1373, CDET_Miramar@usmc.mil. CSSP and ASSP, Sylvester Daniels, (619)524-1710, CDET_Miramar@usmc.mil.
5.c.6. Okinawa Region: All seminars, Cortez Pree,DSN (315) 645-1745/2500, CDET_Okinawa@usmc.mil.
5.c.7. Quantico Region: All seminars, Gary Smith, (703)432-6520, MCU_CDET_Quantico@usmcu.edu.
5.c.8. Quantico (South) Region: All seminars, Chris Marvin, (910)478-7372,MCU_CDET_Quantico@usmcu.edu.
5.c.9. OCONUS Stationed Students: All seminars (online only) for Marines stationed (not deployed) in an OCONUS location not covered by one of the CDET regions above, Steve O’Dell, (703)784-2410, email@example.com.
5.d. As CDET adjusts to meet local HPCON levels, email is the preferred method of communication.
6. CDET and the Enlisted College recognize the value of attendance of the seminar programs by sister service members. The different perspectives and experiences of these students are an invaluable addition to the education of the force. To this end, a limited number of seats are typically available for sister service members within each region for each cycle of the seminar programs. Nominees must be within their services height/weight standards and have completed the associated prerequisite DEP on MarineNet. This is accomplished by creating a MarineNet account by selecting the “Create Account” button at https:(slash)(slash)www.marinenet.usmc.mil. Questions regarding availability, or assistance with the distance education requirement, should be directed to the appropriate regional POC.
7. Amplifying Instructions
7.a. Temporary Additional Duty is not authorized for these seminar programs.
7.b. All students require access to a personal computer with audio and video capability and the internet while participating in a seminar program.
7.c. Sergeants attending the SSSP will be required to read the book "You Are Worth It: Building a Life Worth Fighting For". Sergeants are required to purchase or otherwise acquire this book through the base or local library for the duration of the seminar.
7.d. All reading requirements for the CSSP are provided; staff sergeants attending the CSSP are not directed to acquire any outside reading material for the seminar.
7.e. Gunnery sergeants scheduled to attend the ASSP will be required to read the book "Black Hearts: One Platoons Descent into Madness in Iraq’s Triangle of Death". Gunnery sergeants are required to purchase or otherwise acquire this book through the base or local library for the duration of the seminar.
8. Released authorized by Brigadier General Walker M. Field,
Commanding General, Education Command; President, Marine Corps University.//