R 282035Z APR 22
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC L WASHINGTON DC//
SUBJ/2021 MARINE CORPS FIRE AND EMERGENCY SERVICES (FES) AWARD RECIPIENTS AND DOD NOMINEES//
REF/A/DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE MANUAL (DODM) 6055.21/DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE (DOD) FIRE EMERGENCY SERVICES (FES) AWARDS GUIDANCE//
REF/B/MARINE CORPS ORDERS 11000.11A/MARINE CORPS FIRE PROTECTION AND EMERGENCY SERVICES PROGRAM//
NARR/REF/A/REF (A) CITES AN ANNUAL DOD FES AWARDS PROGRAM. REF (B) CITES ANNUAL MARINE CORPS FIRE PREVENTION AND EMERGENCY SERVICES AWARD PROGRAM//
POC/ESPINOSA J.R./MGYSGT/UNIT: MCICOM G-3/5/NAME: HQMC MCICOM/TEL: (505)507-0911/TEL: DSN 260-8197/EMAIL: JUAN.ESPINOSA@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. This MARADMIN announces the results for the CY-21 United States Marine Corps Fire Emergency Services (FES) Awards.
2. Background. The awards program recognizes accomplishments of the preceding calendar year (1 January through 31 December 2021). This annual awards program recognizes FES, Aircraft Rescue Firefighting (ARFF) and Expeditionary Firefighting Rescue (EFR) department of the year (small, medium, and large, ARFF and EFR categories), fire prevention program of the year, military and civilian firefighter of the year, fire officer of the year, fire service instructor of the year, and Emergency Medical Service provider of the year.
3. Nominations from Marine Corps Installations Command, Fleet Marine Force and supporting establishments were considered, with each nominee demonstrating the consistent high level of performance befitting Marine Corps Fire Emergency Services.
4. Congratulations to the following marines, civilian marines, pro-grams and departments on selection as the recipients of the 2021 Marine Corps FES military and civilian fire officer, fire-fighter, instructor, EMS provider, prevention program and departments of the year award. Each category was highly competitive, indicating exceptional leadership and dedication to mission accomplishment for all nominees. Through both personal and professional example, they have set the standard for others to emulate in the conduct of their professional activities and career development goals. Their resource-fulness, initiative and selfless dedication to duty reflected great credit upon themselves, the FES community and Marine Corps.
5. Marine Corps Fire Emergency Services Award recipients.
6. The 2021 Uniformed Marine FES award winners:
6.a. Marine Firefighter of the year: Sergeant Hunter G. Ratliff, Marine Corps Installations (MCI)-Pacific, Marine Corps Air Station (MCAS), Headquarter Headquarters Squadron (HHS) Iwakuni, Japan (JP).
6.b. Marine Fire Officer of the year: Gunnery Sergeant Steven O. Ramirez, MCI–West, Marine Corps Base (MCB) Camp Pendleton, MCAS Camp Pendleton, California (CA).
7. The 2021 Civilian Marine FES award winners:
7.a. Civilian Marine Firefighter of the year: Firefighter Kaito Kyan, MCI-Pacific, MCB Butler, Okinawa, JP.
7.b. Civilian Marine Fire Officer of the year: Civilian Marine Assistant Chief, Sotaro Magasaki, MCI-Pacific, Combined Armed Training Center, Camp Fuji, JP.
8. The 2021 EMS Provider of the year award winner:
8.a. EMS Provide of the year: Civilian Marine Firefighter Paramedic Riana Castilloveitia, MCI–West, Marine Corps Base (MCB) Camp Pendleton, MCAS Camp Pendleton, California (CA).
9. The 2021 Fire Prevention Program of the year award winner:
9.a. Fire Prevention Program of the year: MCI–East, MCB Camp Lejeune FES, NC.
10. The 2021 Departments of the year award winner (Small, Medium, Large, ARFF and EFR):
10.a. Small Department: MCI–East, Marie Corps Recruit Depot FES Parris Island, South Carolina.
10.b. Medium Department: MCI–West, Marine Corps Logistics Base Barstow FES, CA.
10.c. Large Department: MCI–East, MCB Camp Lejeune FES, NC.
10.d. ARFF Department: MCI-Pacific, MCB Kaneohe Bay, MCAS Kaneohe Bay Aircraft Rescue Firefighting, Hawaii.
10.e. Expeditionary Firefighting Rescue Department: 3D Marine Aircraft Wing, Marine Wing Support Squadron-374, Marine Corps Air Ground Combat Center Twenty-Nine Palms, CA.
11. The Marines and departments selected will be submitted for further consideration to the Office of the Secretary of Defense for Sustainment in order to compete in the DOD awards program per DODM 6055.21. An awards committee will be appointed by the Assistant Secretary of Defense to review and select the winner for CY-2021. DOD FES award winners, will be announced via SEPCOR.
12. Commands are directed to submit individual personal award for award winners to Commander Marine Corps Installations Command for adjudication. Citations and individual awards will be presented by local commander.
14. Release Authorized by LtGen E. D. Banta, Deputy Commandant for Installations and Logistics.//