R 292000Z APR 22
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC DMCS//
SUBJ/MARINE CORPS TRANSITION TO ENTERPRISE TASK KNOWLEDGE MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE SOLUTION - ANNOUNCEMENT//
POC/MR. ROBERT PREWETT/CIV/DMCS/EMAIL ROBERT.PREWETT@USMC.MIL//
NARR/REF A IS DON ASSISTANT FOR ADMINISTRATION MEMORANDUM, NEW DON TASK MANAGEMENT SYSTEM WAY AHEAD. REF B IS ALNAV 021/22, DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY TRANSITION TO ENTERPRISE TASK KNOWLEDGE MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE SOLUTION - ANNOUNCEMENT.//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. This MARADMIN announces the timeline and plan for transition to a new Department of the Navy (DON) Task Management System. Per reference (a), the Office of the Secretary of Defense directed the DON to convert from the current system, the DON Tasking, Records, and Consolidated Knowledge Enterprise Repository (DON TRACKER), to the Enterprise Task Management Software Solution (ETMS2), commonly referred to as Task Management Tool (TMT). The Secretary of the Army is the Executive Agent for ETMS2.
2. Per reference (b), the Marine Corps will transition from DON TRACKER (NIPR) to ETMS2 NIPR on 16 May 2022 and from DON TRACKER (SIPR) to ETMS2 SIPR on 1 June 2022. New task creation will be disabled in DON TRACKER (NIPR) on 16 May, and disabled in DON TRACKER (SIPR) on 1 June. DON TRACKER will remain online to work tasks created before 16 May for NIPR, and 1 June for SIPR. Records will continue to be accessible in DON TRACKER until a new Records Management solution becomes available. The Director of the Marine Corps Staff (DMCS) recommends all organizations currently using DON TRACKER conduct a comprehensive review of their NIPR and SIPR taskers and close out any inactive taskers in the system.
3. The DON has allotted the Marine Corps 4500 ETMS2 licenses. DMCS prioritized the allocation of licenses to ensure each organization possesses a sufficient number to function in this new system. As more licenses are funded, more licenses will become available.
4. Marine Corps organizations are commended for their efforts and for the months of preparation that have gone into this transition. To date, over 3400 users are trained and registered in the system. Please encourage any remaining personnel who need training to complete it and register in ETSM2. Once all available licenses are assigned to users, personnel will still be able to complete the training and wait for a license to become available. When users leave their position, organizational task managers can reassign licenses as required.
5. ETMS2 users who have been designated to receive licenses must complete required training to access ETMS2. Users have three options for completing the training; Virtual Instructor Led Beginner Training, Computer Based Training (CBT), or Beginner Training Videos.
5.a. Virtual Instructor Led Beginner Training:
Step 1: Visit the ETMS2 Support website at: https:(slash)(slash)www.milsuite.mil/book/groups/etms2support
Step 2: Click on the "DON Training" link.
Step 3: Choose a Beginner session and register.
Step 4: Virtual ETMS2 Beginner Training will be held over Microsoft O365 Teams. A link to the Microsoft O365 Teams meeting and access to the ETMS2 site will be sent to all registered users within 24 hours of the class.
Step 1: Navigate to https:(slash)(slash)www.milsuite.mil/university/etms2training
Step 2: You will be prompted to log into MilSuite with your CAC and PIN (Note: you do NOT need to be on a Department of Defense network to access this site).
Step 3: Select the Beginner Training Course in the left side navigation bar or the "Featured Courses" section.
Step 4: Once you have navigated to a course page, select "Take this Course" to register and begin course content.
5.c. Beginner Training Videos:
Step 1: Visit the ETMS2 Support website: https:(slash)(slash)www.milsuite.mil/book/groups/etms2support
Step 2: Click on the "DON Training" link.
Step 3: Under DON Training Videos, select each training video to view the training. ETMS2 Beginner Basics and Capabilities ETMS2 Beginner Demo pt.1 ETMS2 Beginner Demo pt.2 Note: All three training videos must be completed to receive an ETMS2 account.
6. ETMS2 Resources including How to Guides, Tips of the Week, Training Slides, and Troubleshooting Guides posted on the ETMS2 Support Portal for additional support at: https:(slash)(slash)www.milsuite.mil/book/groups/etms2support
7. Organizational hierarchies migrated to ETMS2 from DON TRACKER have been scrutinized. All hierarchies should now reflect current chains of command. If there are any that still require realignment or need to be created, please coordinate with your organizational task manager or with Mr. Rob Prewett as soon as possible.
8. Department of the Navy ETSM2 business rules are forthcoming. However, as with any new system, modifications to the business rules will undoubtedly be necessary. Commands and organizations are encouraged to identify any recommended changes, through their chain of command, to the DMCS office.
9. For questions or concerns regarding the USMC's transition to the ETMS2, please contact your local organization's task manager(s) or Mr. Rob Prewett at firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. Released authorized by Lieutenant General Gregg P. Olson, Director of the Marine Corps Staff.//