R 031712Z MAY 22
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC PPO PL WASHINGTON DC//
SUBJ/FY22 2ND QUARTER INTERNATIONAL AFFAIRS PROGRAM (IAP) EXPERIENCE TRACK SELECTION PANEL RESULTS//
NARR/REF A IS MARINE CORPS ORDER 1520.11F, INTERNATIONAL AFFAIRS PROGRAM (IAP). REF B IS DODD 1315.17, THE POLICY FOR MILITARY DEPARTMENTS FOREIGN AREA OFFICER (FAO) PROGRAMS. REF C IS MARADMIN 500/21, FY 2022 MARINE CORPS FOREIGN LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY BONUS ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS.//
POC/1/CHRISTOPHER D. DELLOW/LTCOL/CMC PPO PL WASHINGTON DC/DSN 312-224-4365/703-692-4365/CHRISTOPHER.DELLOW@USMC.MIL//
POC/2/CLAYTON J. FISHER/CIV/CMC PPO PL WASHINGTON DC/DSN 312-224-0322/703-614-0322/CLAYTON.FISHER@USMC.MIL//
POC/3/JONATHAN LEVINE/GYSGT/CMC PPO PL WASHINGTON DC/DSN 312-224-4366/703-692-4366/JONATHAN.LEVINE@USMC.MIL.//
POC/4/RONAL MORALES/CTR/CMC PPO PL WASHINGTON DC/DSN 312-224-2168/703-692-2168/RONAL.MORALES.CTR@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. The purpose of this MARADMIN is to announce the results of the FY22 2nd Quarter IAP Experience Track Selection Panel.
2. Based on their background, operational experience, and academic credentials, the IAP selection panel selected the Marines listed below for assignment of the Foreign Area Officer (FAO), Regional Affairs Officer (RAO), or Foreign Area Staff Non-Commissioned Officer (FAS) Additional Military Occupational Specialty (AMOS). 2.A. Selection panel results. (Read in seven columns):
Name Grade PMOS AMOS Desig Region Component
Ans, A.B. O3 0202 8247 FAO Europe Active
Brousseau, M.P. O4 0802 8247 FAO Europe Active
Christianson, G.I. O4 1302 8241 FAO Latin America Active
Cole, A.G. O5 7563 8243 FAO NE Asia Active
DeLuca, J.A. O5 0802 8224 RAO Middle East Active
Demer, D.S. O6 8040 8226 RAO South Asia Active
Flambert, P. O4 0302 8247 FAO Europe Active
Grader, N.J. O4 0302 8247 FAO Europe Active
Ho, Y.E. O4 4402 8243 FAO NE Asia Active
Ho, Y.E. O4 4402 8248 FAO SE Asia Active
Matthai, N.M. O3 1702 8225 RAO Africa Active
Revell, L. E9 0291 8231 FAS Latin America Active
Richardson, C.H. O4 0302 8223 RAO NE Asia Active
3. This MARADMIN serves as authority from the IAP Occupational Field Manager to assign the respective AMOS as listed above. All selectees listed above must request appropriate entries be made into their permanent service records to reflect the appropriate AMOS through their Installation Personnel Administration Centers or command administration offices.
4. Per ref A, Marines applying for a FAO, RAO, or FAS AMOS are highlighting their availability to serve in international affairs and political-military billets when not serving in their primary MOS. Marines who subsequently decline to serve in such billets will have their FAO, RAO, or FAS AMOS administratively withdrawn.
5. Per refs A and C, Marines with a FAO or FAS AMOS are required to maintain current minimum Defense Language Proficiency Test (DLPT) scores of 2/2/1+ or 1+/1+/1+ (Reading/Listening/Speaking), respectively. Failure to maintain minimum scores will result in administrative withdrawal of the FAO or FAS AMOS.
6. Per ref A, all Marines designated as FAOs, RAOs, or FASs are required to possess a completed Tier 5 (T-5) Investigation in order to facilitate their integration into MAGTF planning, operations, security cooperation, and intelligence efforts during future assignments within tactical, operational, and strategic-level Marine Corps staffs, joint and combined staffs, and for duty with interagency organizations. Marines who do not have a current T-5 Investigation will submit a request through their Special Security Office immediately. This MARADMIN serves as authority to initiate a T-5 Investigation.
7. Funding for language sustainment training may be available to Marines with the FAO or FAS AMOS. Submit requests to IAPMarine@usmc.mil.
8. Questions concerning the International Affairs Program can be directed to the POCs listed above.
9. Release authorized by Mr. J.L. DeWeese, Acting Director, Strategy and Plans Division, Plans, Policies and Operations, Headquarters U.S. Marine Corps.//