R 031834Z MAY 22
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC PPO PS//
SUBJ/INTERIM POLICY FOR GS-0083 FACIAL HAIR GROOMING STANDARDS//
REF/A/MSGID: MCO 5580.2B//
REF/B/MSGID: MCO 5580.5//
NARR/REF A IS THE MARINE CORPS LAW ENFORCEMENT MANUAL. REF B IS THE MARINE CORPS CIVILIAN LAW ENFORCEMENT POLICY.//
POC/MACEO B. FRANKS/CIV/PSL/TEL: 703-692-4245/EMAIL: MACEO.FRANKS@USMC.MIL//
POC/COLIN J. EDWARDS/MAJ/PSL/TEL: 703-692-4247/EMAIL: COLIN.EDWARDS@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Effective the date of this MARADMIN, facial hair standards will be in accordance with this message for all current and newly hired GS-0083 employees.
2. The face will be clean shaven, except that a mustache may be worn. When worn, the mustache will be in accordance with reference (a).
3. GS-0083 employees must be able to properly seal the issued gas mask at all times.
4. The exceptions for facial hair detailed in the references is no longer authorized. The authority to grant waivers to this policy is PSL. The references are currently under revision and will include this update.
5. This MARADMIN is applicable to the Marine Corps Total Force.
6. Release authorized by SES Randy Smith, Assistant Deputy Commandant, Plans, Policies and Operations (Security).//