R 131900Z MAY 22
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC PPO PS//
SUBJ/AMPLIFYING GUIDANCE FOR MARINE CORPS MILITARY AND CIVILIAN POLICE ENTRY-LEVEL PISTOL QUALIFICATIONS//
REF/A/MSGID: NAVMC 3500.10D//
REF/B/MSGID: MCO 5580.2B WITH CH. 2//
NARR/REFERENCE (A) IS THE MILITARY POLICE TRAINING AND READINESS MANUAL. REFERENCE (B) IS THE MARINE CORPS LAW ENFORCEMENT MANUAL.//
POC1/WILLIAM H. KARTUNE/MGYSGT/PSL/TEL: 703-692-4231/EMAIL: WILLIAM.H.KARTUNE@USMC.MIL//
POC2/JAMES P. ROBERTO II/CIV/PSL/TEL: 703-692-4231/EMAIL: JAMES.P.ROBERTO@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. This MARADMIN provides amplifying guidance for entry-level pistol qualifications for Marines assigned to the 58XX Occupational Field attending the Marine Corps Military Police School and Civilian Police Officers (GS-0083) attending the Marine Corps Police Academy.
2. Reference (a) prescribes Tables 1-8 of the Combat Pistol Program (CPP) to satisfy entry-level pistol qualifications for Marines assigned to the 58XX Occupational Field. CPP Table 1 remains as a requirement for both 58XX Marines and Civilian Police Officers (GS-0083). However, CPP Tables 2-8 are no longer applicable. Existing courses of fire prescribed in reference (b) meet law enforcement centric pistol qualifications required of Military Police personnel and Civilian Police Officers in lieu of CPP Tables 2-8.
3. Effective with the publication of this MARADMIN, entry-level pistol qualifications for 58XX Marines shall adhere to the courses of fire prescribed in reference (b) in lieu of CPP Tables 2-8.
4. Entry-level pistol qualifications for Civilian Police Officers (GS-0083) shall continue to adhere to the courses of fire prescribed in reference (b).
5. References (a) and (b) are currently being revised to reflect current entry-level pistol qualifications for 58XX Marines.
6. This MARADMIN shall cancel upon the publication of the revised versions of references (a) and (b).
7. Release authorized by SES Randy R. Smith, Assistant Deputy Commandant, Plans, Policies and Operations (Security).//