R 161645Z MAY 22
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC ACMC//
SUBJ/CALLING MESSAGE FOR THE 2022-1 MARINE CORPS TALENT MANAGEMENT SUMMIT//
NARR/REF A IS COMMANDANT OF THE MARINE CORPS TALENT MANAGEMENT 2030 PLAN.//
POC/J.R. MASON/MAJ/ACMC/TEL: 703-432-9737/EMAIL: TMX@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. This message announces the inaugural Marine Corps Talent Management Summit (TMS) aboard Marine Corps Base Quantico (MCBQ) from 14 June to 17 June 2022. The TMC will be hosted by the Assistant Commandant of the Marine Corps’ (ACMC) Talent Management Strategy Group (TMX). The TMS will produce an out brief to the ACMC in support of Talent Management 2030 (TM2030) initiatives. The ACMC requests attendance from across the Marine Corps which includes senior talent managers from across the Fleet Marine Forces (FMF) and Headquarters Marine Corps (HQMC). Further details regarding attendance have been sent via DONTRACKER.
2. Background. Released in November of 2021, TM2030 set the conditions for a redesign of the USMC’s personnel talent system. Talent management and manpower modernization are not new concepts. Many innovative and impactful initiatives have occurred, or are underway both at HQMC and through local efforts in the FMF.TMX strives to ensure awareness of all talent management initiatives, and to synchronize implementation and resourcing for impactful ideas.
3. Purpose. The TMS seeks to inform and build upon TM2030 initiatives with collaborative dialog between HQMC and talent executers across the FMF in order to provide a forum for bottom-up refinement and talent management framework development. MSC-level talent management insights, tactics/techniques/procedures, and prospective of talent management practices from across the service will shape a long term vision for Talent Management. A thorough understanding of TM2030 and the impacts of the document on your organization is required, and feedback to the forum is necessary to continue to develop a modern talent management system for the Marine Corps.
4. End State. Provide ACMC with bottom up feedback from FMF and HQMC that influences the Marine Corps’ TM2030 modernization efforts.
5. Tasks. Command representatives shall RSVP to the action officer POC(s) by NIPR email NLT 27 May 22. Further details regarding attendance will be sent via DONTRACKER.
5.a. Command representatives should be prepared to discuss locally developed talent management initiatives that have influenced or are planned to influence talent management in the FMF.
5.b. Once POCs are established, TMX will request briefing products and initiatives from the FMF for inclusion in the conference.
6. Administration and Logistics. The TMS will be conducted from 14 June to 17 June 2022 at Marine Corps Base Quantico – Liversedge Hall located at 15 Liversedge Drive, Quantico VA 22134.
6.a. Travel days are 13 June and 17 June. Departing flights should be scheduled NET 1400 on 17 June.
6.b. TMS will be held at the unclassified level.
6.c. Military uniform will be woodland MARPAT, and civilians business casual for the duration of the TMS.
6.d. Funding for this event is a unit responsibility.
6.e. Transportation will not be provided ISO this event and is the responsibility of the unit.
6.f. 50 rooms have been blocked aboard MCB QUANTICO- Liversedge Hall from 12 June through 17 June under group ID number: 1711. Attendees must call 703-630-4444 to book their reservation at Liversedge Hall using the Group ID (1711) or the name of the group (Talent Management Conference).
6.g. Once POCs are identified TMX will forward detailed schedule and additional coordinating instruction SEPCOR.
7. Command and Signal. ACMC is the office of primary responsibility all other ORGS and CMDS are supporting.
8. Release authorized by General E. M. Smith, Assistant Commandant of the Marine Corps.//