R 171425Z MAY 22
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC L WASHINGTON DC//
SUBJ/2022 FOOD SERVICE SPECIALIST OF THE YEAR AWARD WINNERS//
REF/A/MSGID: MARADMIN/659/21/YMD: 21 NOV 16//
POC/B.S. BLANTON/CIV/UNIT: MCICOM G4/HQMC/TEL: DSN 664-4510//
POC/M.H. GUEST/MGYSGT/UNIT: MCICOM G4/HQMC/TEL: DSN 664-4159//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Congratulations to all Marines who were nominated and performed so commendably during the competition for the 2022 Major General W.P.T. Hill Memorial Awards Program for Food Service Excellence, Food Service Specialist of the Year Award. This award recognizes excellence and outstanding dedication to duty for food service professionals.
2. We are pleased to announce the recipients of the Food Service Specialist of the Year Award. Their professionalism, commitment to excellence, devotion to duty, and technical expertise reflected great credit upon themselves, the food service community, and engendered a lasting contribution to the Marine Corps.
3. Active duty Staff Non-Commissioned Officer winner:
3.a. GySgt Michael D. Kendrick
3.b. 2d Light Armored Reconnaissance Battalion, 2d Marine Division, MCB Camp Lejeune, NC.
4. Active duty Non-Commissioned Officer winner:
4.a. Sgt Christina M. Gilman
4.b. Headquarters and Support Battalion, Marine Corps Installations West, MCB Camp Pendleton, CA.
5. Reserve Staff Non-Commissioned Officer winner:
5.a. SSgt John P. Drummond
5.b. Marine Wing Support Squadron 472, 4th Marine Air Wing, Wyoming, PA.
6. Reserve Non-Commissioned Officer winner:
6.a. Cpl Carlos Gonzalez
6.b. 2nd Battalion, 25th Marine Division, Garden City, NY.
7. The winners will be recognized and presented their awards at the National Restaurant Association Education Foundation Military Food Service Awards Ceremony and training event in Chicago, Illinois. The inclusive dates for this event and training session are 19 to 23 May 2022.
8. Release Authorized by LtGen E. D. Banta, Deputy Commandant for Installations and Logistics.//