R 132000Z JUN 22
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC DMCS//
SUBJ/MARINE AVIATION SAFETY STAND DOWN//
REF/A/MSGID: DOC/MCO 5100.29C/5AUG2021//
AMPN/REF A IS THE MARINE CORPS SAFETY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. This message announces an Aviation Safety Stand Down.
2. Information. The Marine Corps has had six Class-A mishaps since January 2022, resulting in nine fatalities and the destruction of four aircraft. Now is an appropriate time to take a day to conduct a Safety Stand Down, review best practices, and focus on areas where we can improve in order to ensure our units remain capable, safe, and ready.
3. Action. Between 21 June and 1 July 2022, all Marine Aircraft Wing units will conduct a one-day Safety Stand Down in order to reinforce proper procedures, provide information, and gather feedback. Stand Downs shall be conducted during the above window so that previous operational commitments are minimally impacted.
4. Coordinating Instructions, discussion topics, and further guidance will be disseminated via MARADMIN no later than 16 June 2022.
5. Points of contact: CMC Safety Division. Director: 703-604-4361. Aviation Branch 703-604-4149/4221/4122.
6. This MARADMIN is applicable to the total force.
7. Release authorized by Lieutenant General David J. Furness, Deputy Commandant for Plans, Policies, and Operations.//