R 161900Z JUN 22
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MM//
SUBJ/JULY 2022 PROMOTIONS FOR STAFF NONCOMMISSIONED OFFICERS (SNCOS) AND AUGUST 2022 PLANNED PROMOTIONS FOR SNCOS//
REF/A/MSGID: DOC/CMC/MMPR-2/YMD: 20120614//
REF/B/MSGID: MSG/CMC/DTG: 081912ZJUN20//
REF/C/MSGID: MSG/CMC/PPO/DTG: 222100ZOCT21//
REF/D/MSGID: DOC/CMC/MI/YMD: 20040604//
REF/E/MSGID: DOC/CMC/MIO/YMD: 20080819//
REF/F/MSGID: DOC/CMC/MPP/YMD: 20220609//
NARR/REF A IS MCO P1400.32D W/CH 2, ENLISTED PROMOTION MANUAL. REF B IS MARADMIN 334/20, FORTHCOMING CHANGES TO MCO P1400.32D, MARINE CORPS PROMOTION MANUAL, VOLUME 2, ENLISTED PROMOTIONS. REF C IS MARADMIN 612/21, SUPPLEMENTAL GUIDANCE (2) TO MANDATORY COVID-19 VACCINATION OF MARINE CORPS ACTIVE AND RESERVE COMPONENTS. REF D IS MCO 5000.14D, MARINE CORPS ADMINISTRATIVE PROCEDURES (MCAP). REF E IS MARINE CORPS TOTAL FORCE SYSTEM PERSONNEL REPORTING INSTRUCTION USERS MANUAL (MCTFSPRIUM). REF F IS MPP-20 STAFF NONCOMMISSIONED OFFICER PROMOTIONS.//
POC/STEPHANIE J. MAXWELL/MAJ/MMPR-2/TEL: DSN 278-9711/EMAIL: STEPHANIE.MAXWELL@USMC.MIL//
POC/CYRUS J. WILLIAMS/MSGT/MMPR-2/-/TEL: DSN 278-9718/EMAIL: CYRUS.J.WILLIAMS1@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Marines and Unit Leaders will receive a notification via Marine On Line (MOL) informing them of Marines who meet all prerequisites for promotion and subsequently will be promoted with a date of rank and effective date of 1 July 2022.
2. Upon receipt of this Marine Administrative Message (MARADMIN) and posting of the notification via MOL, but not prior to 1 July 2022, Commanders will effect the promotion of selected Marines per paragraph 5100 of reference (a). Cite this MARADMIN as authority for promotion.
3. Per reference (b), Marines who are selected to the ranks of SSgt through SgtMaj/MGySgt, to include meritorious promotions, must have at least 24-months of obligated service (OBS) remaining on contract on the date of their promotion. If the Marine refuses to extend or reenlist to have sufficient obligated service, inform CMC (MMPR-2) of the Marine's refusal.
3.a. Marines who do not comply with OBS requirements prior to their seniority number being reached will receive a date of rank and effective date for the 1st of the following month after compliance with OBS requirements.
3.b. Commanders are authorized to locally extend Marines whose seniority number will be reached on 1 July 2022 or projected to be reached on 1 August 2022. Marines will receive a notification via MOL informing them that they are not in compliance with the OBS requirement and will not be promoted to the next higher grade. Unit Career Planners or other unit representatives completing the NAVMC 321a must cite this MARADMIN as the authority. Only the Commanding Officer or those serving in an acting capacity may sign the NAVMC 321a as the Administering Officer. Commanding Officers are not authorized to extend those Marines with draw case code (DCC) of AF, AH, AX, or AY. Marines with those DCCs must submit their extension for promotion to MMEA (HQMC) via the Total Force Retention System for appropriate action. Marines on limited duty or pending evaluation by a PEB may not be extended using this authority.
4. Per reference (a), paragraph 1203.4, the enlisted promotion system has no medical prerequisite for promotion. Commands should contact MMPR-2 to verify promotion status when a Marine's seniority number is reached.
5. Per reference (c), a Marine is not considered to have "refused the vaccine" until final adjudication of any administrative or medical exemption, religious accommodation or pending appeal and is therefore eligible for promotion.
6. Commanders are reminded of their inherent responsibilities of the Enlisted Promotion System. Thoroughly review the record of each selected Marine prior to delivery of the certificate of appointment to ensure the Marine has continued to maintain the high standards of professional and personal performance which led to selection. You are instructed to review paragraphs 1200.4, 1204, and 3107 of reference (a). Upon completion of the review of applicable records, if the Commander's intent is to delay or revoke the promotion of a selected Marine, reference (a) provides specific guidance and reporting instructions.
7. Reference (d), enclosure (3) states that Commanders are responsible for the accuracy of their Marines records, regardless of the format of the information (paper records, MCTFS records, etc.) and the locations of the records (mainframe databases, IPAC, etc.). Per reference (e), when a Marine is promoted above the grade ceiling for the PMOS held, Commanders will change the Marines PMOS to the career progression MOS.
8. Commanders who have Marines attached to their command/unit/det in a temporary additional duty status must seek concurrence from the Marine's parent command prior to effecting the promotion.
9. The numbers listed below indicate the senior number promoted the previous month and the total number of Marines to be promoted for the current month per reference (f). However, the numbers may not always add up. This is due to Marines selected noncompetitively (WO, MECEP selects) who are assigned a seniority number with an alpha letter, Marines who are discharged, and Marines in a promotion restriction status.
10. STATUS OF FY 2022 SNCO PROMOTION LISTS:
NUMBER SENIOR NO. JUL 22 LAST NUM PROJECTED
GRADE SELECTED PROM JUN 22 PROM FOR JUL 22 FOR AUG 22
SgtMaj/MGySgt 324 129 30 160 41
1stSgt/MSgt 1126 542 85 625 120
GySgt (Note 1) 0 250 (Note 1) 250
SSgt (Note 2) 0 0 0 0
Note 1: To be determined when GySgt Selection board list is approved. Upon release of the FY 2022 Approved Selections to Gunnery Sergeant, GySgt selects whose seniority number will be reached 1 July 2022, will have 30 days to obtain the two-year obligated service per reference (b) in order to receive a date of rank of 1 July 2022. Note 2: FY 2021 List is cleared. FY 2022 Monthly Promotions for GySgt and SSgt will be announced once boards are completed and selections approved.
11. For Enlisted Promotion matters call comm (703) 784-9718 or DSN 278-9718. Email inquiries may be submitted to: email@example.com. Click on compatibility view settings in the options menu, and ensure that display intranet sites is unchecked. This MARADMIN will be posted to the Promotion Branch website: www.manpower.usmc.mil, select "Active Marine", "Manpower Management (MM)," "Promotion Branch," then "Enlisted Promotions." From there, to find this MARADMIN: click on "message traffic," then "Staff Noncommissioned Officer (SNCO) messages."
12. Release authorized by MajGen Michael J. Borgschulte, Director, Manpower Management Division.//