R 231900Z JUN 22
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MM//
SUBJ/FISCAL YEAR 2024 LIMITED DUTY OFFICER (LDO) PROGRAM//
REF/B/DOC/TITLE 10 U.S.C.//
REF/C/MSGID: MSG/CMC/DTG: 281924ZJAN19//
REF/D/DOC/NAVMC 1200.1E/YMD: 20190329//
NARR/REF A IS MCO 1040.42B, LIMITED DUTY OFFICER (LDO) AND WARRANT OFFICER (WO) PROGRAMS, WHICH PROVIDES ADMINISTRATIVE GUIDANCE IN THE APPLICATION PROCESS FOR THE LDO AND WO PROGRAMS. REF B IS TITLE 10,UNITED STATES CODE (U.S.C.) CHAPTER 33A, WHICH GOVERNS THE APPOINTMENT, PROMOTION, AND INVOLUNTARY SEPARATION AND RETIREMENT FOR MEMBERS ON THE WARRANT OFFICER ACTIVE DUTY LIST. REF C IS MARADMIN 052/19, OFFICIAL MILITARY PERSONNEL FILE (OMPF) PHOTOGRAPH GUIDANCE. REF D IS THE MILITARY OCCUPATIONAL SPECIALTY MANUAL WHICH PROVIDES LDO MOS REQUIREMENTS.//
POC/J. L. GOSS/MAJ/MMOA3/-/TEL: (703) 784-9284/EMAIL: SMBMANPOWEROFFICERPR@USMC.MIL//
POC/J. T. HARRISON/CIV/MMOA-3/-/TEL: (703) 784-9284/EMAIL: SMBMANPOWEROFFICERPR@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. This message announces the FY24 Chief Warrant Officer (CWO) to Limited Duty Officer (LDO) Selection Board and solicitation for applications.
2. On or about 14 September 2022, a selection board will convene at HQMC for approximately three days to select qualified Active Component (AC) CWOs for appointment as LDOs. References (a) and (b) provide governing policies and instructions for application, eligibility, and selection procedures for the subject board.
3. Eligibility requirements (all must be met):
3.a. Be a citizen of the United States.
3.b. Length of service.
3.b.1. Reference (a) requires applicants to have completed 8 years of restricted officer service in order to apply for the LDO program. For the execution of this board, the 8 years of restricted officer service may be waived to a minimum of 5 years based upon an ending calculation date of 1 March 2023. Applicants who require this waiver must request it in their AA form.
3.b.2. Reference (a) requires applicants to have no more than 20 years of active naval service as of 1 March 2023. For the execution of this board this requirement may be waived up to 22 years of active naval service as of that date, but only for those CWOs who have not previously had an opportunity to apply to become LDOs. Applicants shall compute active naval service from the start date of their Armed Forces Active Duty Base Date (AFADBD) to the ending date of 1 March 2023. Applicants who require this waiver must request it in their AA form.
3.b.3. No additional waivers of minimum restricted officer service, or maximum total service, will be considered.
3.c. CWOs who have twice failed selection for promotion to the next higher CWO grade are not eligible for consideration. This requirement will not be waived.
3.d. Have achieved a first-class on the most recent PFT and CFT.
3.e. Have previously served in the WO feeder MOS for the LDO MOS in which applying, or be qualified without additional training for the competitive category for which appointment is desired.
3.f. Have no disciplinary actions pending.
4. CMC (MPP-35) has provided MOSs to be considered by the board. MOS categories identified as closed will not be considered during this board and applications received for closed MOSs shall be returned with no action taken. Applicants must meet all requirements for the LDO MOS being requested as detailed within reference (d). MOS categories to be considered are:
0430, 2340, 6004
0605, 2802, 6302
1705, 3102, 6502
2102, 3302, 6802
5. CWOs selected to the LDO program will incur a three year service obligation upon acceptance of their appointment to the rank of captain (O3E) in accordance with references (a) and (b).
6. Coordinating Instructions.
6.a. Applications must be submitted via NAVMC 10274 Administrative Action (AA) request form. Refer to the MMOA-3 website for an example www.manpower.usmc.mil/webcenter/portal/OA3RR/pages_retentionreleasecopy.
6.b. Applications will be addressed to "President, FY24 Chief Warrant Officer to Limited Duty Officer Selection Board."
6.c. Applications will be reviewed, routed, and endorsed through the O-6 level in the applicant's chain of command to ensure that only fully qualified applicants are recommended for consideration.
6.d. Applicants should conduct a thorough OMPF review to ensure the accuracy of their electronic record and Master Brief Sheet.
6.e. In accordance with reference (a), chapter 3, paragraph 6, CWOs may apply for appointment in no more than two MOSs for which they are qualified. CWOs will rank their MOS choice in order of preference on their AA form.
6.f. Applicants are not required to submit page 11, page 12, page 13, or any other documentation that is in their OMPF. Board members will have access to the OMPF of the applicant during the board.
6.g. Application documents must be combined into a single adobe .pdf prior to submission. All applications that are not combined will be returned.
6.h. Applications must be submitted to MMOA-3 at firstname.lastname@example.org NLT 31 August 2022. Late submissions will not be presented to the board for consideration and will be returned with no action taken.
7. Commanders are directed to disseminate this announcement to all eligible Marines within their command. Applicants who do not meet eligibility criteria or whose applications are not submitted in accordance with these instructions and references (a) and (b) will not be presented to the board for consideration and will be returned with no action taken.
8. This MARADMIN is not applicable to the Marine Corps Reserve.
9. Release authorized by MajGen Michael J. Borgschulte, Director, Manpower Management Division.//