R 281900Z JUN 22
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC DCI WASHINGTON DC//
SUBJ/CALL FOR USMC NOMINATIONS FOR THE 2022 DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE CHIEF INFORMATION OFFICER AWARDS PROGRAM//
NARR/REF A IS THE MEMORANDUM FOR DOD CIO AWARDS PROGRAM 2022-CALL FOR NOMINATIONS. REF B IS THE DOD CIO DIGITAL MODERNIZATION STRATEGY//
POC/J. U. RIOS/MSGT/DC I/EMAIL: JORGE.RIOS@USMC.MIL/TEL: 703-692-3119//
POC/M. P. MCGRAW/CIV/DCI, IC4/EMAIL: MICHAEL.P.MCGRAW1@USMC.MIL/TEL: 703-614-6530//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. The Department of Defense (DoD) Chief Information Officer (CIO) Annual Awards program recognizes eligible personnel, individually or in teams, for exceptional achievements in delivering capabilities and/or management practices that support the strategic mission and objectives of the DoD CIO to advance the Digital Modernization Strategy (DMS) and National Defense Strategy priorities.
2. Award criteria. Nominees must have made outstanding achievements between July 2021-June 2022 towards the goals and objectives of the DoD DMS and National Defense Strategy priorities. Such capabilities include: Cybersecurity; Command, Control and Communications (C3); Artificial Intelligence (AI); Software Modernization; Cloud Computing; Data; Cyberspace Workforce; Electronics Records Management; Section SOS/Accessibility to Information and Communication Technology; and, Positioning, Navigation, and Timing (PNT). Nomination content requirements are contained in reference (a).
3. Eligibility. Service members (Officers and enlisted) in the grade O-6 and below or DoD civilians GS-15 and below are eligible for nomination. Contractors may be recognized as part of a team if led by military or DoD civilian.
4.A. Nominations. Qualified individuals and/or teams will be submitted via the first O-6 in the chain of command to the Service CIO, the Deputy Commandant for Information (DC I). Additionally, the Comptroller or budget office must endorse any quantified cost savings or avoidance cited in the nomination.
4.B. Service CIO Nominations. The DC I will review, approve, and submit up to five individual and/or team nominations to the DoD CIO.
4.C. DoD CIO Selection. Awardees will be selected from nominations from the Military Services, Combatant/Joint Commands, Defense Agencies, Field Activities, and Principle Staff Assistants. The DoD CIO will review nominations and score the packages in accordance with the criteria set forth in reference (a). The official DoD CIO Winners Announcement listing all 2022 Awardees will be available on the DoD CIO web page at https:(slash)(slash)dodcio.sp.pentagon.mil/sites/Collaboration/Awards/SitePages/Home.aspx.
5. Awards Presentation. The DoD CIO Awards ceremony will be held in person in 2022. More details to follow.
6. Administration and Logistics
6.A. USMC nominations must contain all requested information and must be sent via email to HQMC_DCI_Awards@usmc.mil by COB 20 July 2022. No fax or hard copy submissions will be accepted. Due to the timeline, no extensions will be approved.
6.B. All nominations must be coordinated through the nominee’s chain-of-command for quality review and eligibility.
6.C. The references, nomination template, and further guidance can be found at the following website: https:(slash)(slash)www.hqmc.marines.mil/C4/awards/
6.D. Award winners will be announced to Component CIOs and posted on the DoD CIO public website. A MARADMIN will be published with the results.
7. Command and Signal
7.A. This MARADMIN is applicable to the Marine Corps Total Force.
7.B. Ensure widest dissemination of this MARADMIN.
7.C. Questions regarding the DoD CIO Awards Program may be sent to HQMC_DCI_Awards@usmc.mil.
8. Release authorized by LtGen M. G. Glavy, Headquarters Marine Corps, Deputy Commandant for Information.//