R 291330Z JUN 22
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA RA//
SUBJ/FISCAL YEAR 2022 (FY22) ACTIVE RESERVE (AR) NONCOMMISSIONED OFFICER (NCO) MERITORIOUS PROMOTIONS//
REF/A/DOC/CMC (MMPR-2)/YMD: 20120614//
AMPN/REFERENCE (A) IS MCO P1400.32D W/CH 1-2, MARINE CORPS PROMOTION MANUAL, VOLUME 2, ENLISTED PROMOTIONS//
POC/P. BORGES/MSGT/RA (RAP)/TEL: 703-784-0581/EMAIL: RAP@USMC.MIL//
POC/R. A. ESPARZA/SGTMAJ/CMC (RA)/TEL: 03-784-9100/EMAIL: RESERVE_AFFAIRS_SGTMAJ@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Purpose. This message provides the FY22 guidance for the meritorious promotion of exceptional AR Marines to the ranks of corporal and sergeant. Meritorious promotion is in recognition of a Marine’s outstanding leadership and performance. These meritorious promotion allocations are for AR Marines performing duty at units not under Commander, Marine Forces Reserve (DIV/MLG/WING/FHG). Examples of eligible commands are as follows (but not limited to):
a. Headquarters, U.S. Marine Corps
b. Training and Education Command (TECOM)
c. Expeditionary Warfare Training Group Pacific (EWTGPAC)
d. Marine Forces Command/Pacific/Europe/Africa/South
e. Marine Corps Recruiting Command (MCRC) (Non SDA)
2. Background. Reference (a) provides information for Meritorious NCO promotions. Meritorious promotions of AR Marines in this category are authorized annually. Annual meritorious promotions take effect on 2 August 2022 for promotion to sergeant and 2 September 2022 for promotion to corporal.
a. Promotion allocations: Sergeant (1), Corporal (1)
b. Nominations must be submitted directly to CMC (RA) no later than 1630 26 July 2022.
4. The following instructions apply for nominations:
a. Nominations will be submitted using standard naval letter format. Include the Commander’s recommendation citing the Marine’s leadership qualities, civic activities, and any other pertinent military or civilian information. The completed package may be scanned and emailed to the Reserve Affairs Division Sergeant Major, at: Reserve_Affairs_SGTMAJ@usmc.mil.
b. The meritorious promotion package will consist of a nomination letter that includes the following information:
(1) Training/service information updated in Marine Corps Total Force System (MCTFS) (BIR/BTR).
(2) Certified true copies of pages 3 and 11 as well as a Unit Punishment Book (NAVMC 10132) and page 13, if applicable.
(3) Data Sheet.
(4) Commandant of the Marine Corps Reading List Book Report. The book report format must contain an introduction, body, analysis, evaluation, and conclusion. A sample format is provided at: https:(slash)(slash)www.manpower.usmc.mil/webcenter/portal/RAP2/Reservencopromotions.
c. The following minimum eligibility criteria apply and are not waiverable:
(1) Must meet the minimum time in service requirement per reference (a).
(2) Must not have a non-judicial punishment or court-martial during the current contract.
(3) Must be professional military education (PME) complete in grade.
(4) Have a current first class physical fitness test (PFT) and combat fitness test (CFT).
(5) Qualified with T/O weapon (unless not required).
(6) Must not have a positive urinalysis or other drug or alcohol related incident.
5. The board results will be published via MARADMIN immediately following the board.
6. Release authorized by Colonel K. Lademan, Deputy Director, Reserve Affairs Division, Acting.//