R 111500Z JUL 22
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC L WASHINGTON DC//
SUBJ/2022 MARINE CORPS ENGINEER ASSOCIATION (MCEA) AWARD RECIPIENTS//
REF/A/MSGID: MARADMIN 025/22/CMC WASHINGTON DC//
REF/B/MSGID: DOC/MCO 1650.61 CH 1//
NARR/REF A IS MARADMIN REQUESTING NOMINATIONS FOR THE SUBJECT AWARDS PROGRAM//
REF B IS MARINE CORPS INSTALLATIONS AND LOGISTICS AWARDS PROGRAM (MCILAP)//
POC/GAREY A. TUCKER/MGYSGT USMC/UNIT: LPE/TEL: 571-256-7159/EMAIL: GAREY.TUCKER@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. The Commandant of the Marine Corps takes pleasure in congratulating the following individuals/units who were selected as recipients of the 2022 MCEA annual awards in the categories indicated. Read in three columns:
Award Recipients Unit
Senior Engineer Officer Maj Adam K. Klemm 1st MAW
Senior Engineer SNCO MSgt Joseph C. Herman MWSS-373
Combat Engineer Officer 1stLt Everett L. Kozlowski 2d CEB
Combat Engineer SNCO GySgt Matthew E. O'niel 9th ESB
Combat Engineer NCO Sgt Jeffrey A. Knoll 7th ESB
Combat Engineer Marine LCpl Raymond M. Garcia 9th ESB
Engr Equipment Officer CWO3 Daniel P. Opper 1st CEB
Engr Equipment SNCO GySgt Kalen T. Gall 1st CEB
Engr Equipment NCO Cpl Drew J. Schiefelbien 6th ESB
Engr Equipment Marine Cpl Vito M. Botticello 2d CEB
Bulk Fuel Officer CWO3 Kyle A. Babka 1st MLG
Bulk Fuel SNCO SSgt Clayton S. Leverenz 7th ESB
Bulk Fuel NCO Sgt Ty G. Shawver MWSS-172
Bulk Fuel Marine LCpl Kevin T. GarnicaMadrigal 7th ESB
Utilities Officer CWO3 Douglas W. Cox MWSS-373
Utilities SNCO GySgt Monica R. Knight 7th ESB
Utilities NCO Cpl Samuel VelascoSantiago MWSS-172
Utilities Marine LCpl Morgan L. Bitner MWSS-372
EOD Officer CWO2 Trevor J. Hicks 7th ESB
EOD Technician Sgt Travis J. Gay CLB-24
Combat Engineer Bn 2d Combat Engineer Bn 2d MARDIV
Engineer Support Bn 9th Engineer Support Bn 3d MLG
MWSS Engineer Company Engineer Company, MWSS-172 1st MAW
Naval Construction Force Nav Mobile Construction Bn 133 NECC
2. All 2022 MCEA awardees are invited to attend the Awards Banquet to be recognized. Banquet cost for awardees plus one guest will be paid for by the MCEA and all other travel expenses are unit responsibility.
3. Discounted rates for attendees at the Four Queens Hotel and Casino, 202 East Fremont Street, Las Vegas, NV 89101 are available upon request. The room rate is 59 dollars (one king) or 79 dollars (two queens) plus 13 percent tax for (25-29 Sep 2022) phone number (702) 385-4011. Room reservation cut-off date for the discounted rates is 29 Aug 2022, inform the staff that you are with MCEA to obtain the discount. Rooms need to be booked by the cutoff date or the rooms will be released to the public. Parking at the Four Queens Hotel and Casino is 18 dollars per day for non-guest.
4. For pre-registration questions, contact Marine Corps Engineer Association President LtCol George Carlson USMC (Ret) at (931) 307-9094 or via e-mail at email@example.com. Registration details, itinerary and the mandatory pre-registration form for all attendees (including award recipients and their guests) are available at the MCEA website. To access the page, go to www.marcorengasn.org, select the REUNIONS tab, then select 2022 Reunion from the drop-down menu and scroll down and double-click on the 2022 Registration Form. All personnel attending must pre-register prior to 29 Aug 2022. Registration packets can be picked up at the Welcome Aboard Reception to be held 26 Sep 2022, 1730-1900 in the hotel or at the Awards Banquet, 1800 on 27 Sep 2022. The Society of American Military Engineers will cover the awards banquet expense for all award recipients plus one guest each. All attendees (including awards recipients) must register and submit their registration form. The Welcome Reception on 26 Sep 2022 is free to Award recipients and one guest, additional guests will be 25 dollars per person. Other family and guests must submit their registration form and pay event fees with their registration. Instructions for event payment are on the bottom of the registration form.
5. Award recipients/unit representatives desiring to attend the reunion/awards banquet should arrive on 26 Sep 2022 and depart on 28 Sep 2022. Award recipients and/or unit representatives planning to attend only the awards banquet should arrive at the hotel no later than 1800, 27 Sep 2022. Social hour commences at 1800 with the banquet at 1900 and guests are highly encouraged to attend.
6. Uniform requirements for the MCEA reunion are as follows:
6.A. Welcome aboard reception: Business casual.
6.B. MCEA business meeting: Business casual.
6.C. Awards dinner/presentation: Service Alpha/coat and tie for civilians.
7. Per Ref B, commanders are responsible for orders and funding for their recipients and any other representatives authorized to travel to the award ceremonies.
8. Request commands notify MCEA POC via e-mail or phone no later than 15 Aug 2022 to confirm the attendance/non-attendance of the award recipients/unit representative at the reunion. For those award recipients unable to attend, provide mailing address and unit POC contact info so plaque and other information can be mailed. Request commands locally recognize the award recipients for their extraordinary accomplishments through appropriate ceremonies. Photos may be provided to the MCEA POC.
9. Feedback from the MCEA awards board provided the following: all nominees are very deserving of our respect and deserve special recognition. There were 116 individual and 9 unit submissions this year. Congratulations to all the nominees.
10. Release Authorized by LtGen Edward D. Banta, Deputy Commandant for Installations and Logistics.//