R 011658Z Aug 22
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA RA//
SUBJ/CALENDAR YEAR 2023 BILLET VACANCIES FOR RESERVE COMPONENT SERGEANTS MAJOR SLATE//
REF/A/DOC/MCO 1001R.1L/YMD: 20180315//
REF/B/MSGID: DOC/RAP/YMD: 20210512//
REF/C/MSGID: MSG/CMC/DTG: 191800ZJAN22 NARR/REFERENCE (A) IS MCO 1001R.1L CH 1, MARINE CORPS RESERVE ADMINISTRATIVE MANAGEMENT MANUAL (MCRAMM). REFERENCE (B) IS THE SELECTED RESERVE BILLET IDENTIFICATION CODE (BIC) ASSIGNMENT AND MANAGEMENT POLICY. REFERENCE (C) IS MARADMIN 013/22, MARINE CORPS READY RESERVE ENLISTED CAREER FORCE CONTROLS PROGRAM.//
POC/R. A. ESPARZA/SGTMAJ/CMC MRA/RA/TEL/COMM 703-784-9100/DSN 278-9100/EMAIL: RESERVE_AFFAIRS_SGTMAJ@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. The following listed billets are to be read in three columns:
Command Location No Later Than Date
HQTRS CO, 23D MAR REGT SAN BRUNO, CA April 2023
HQTRS BTRY, 14TH MAR REGT FORT WORTH, TX July 2023
3D CIV AFF GROUP GREAT LAKES, IL July 2023
MARCORP ADVISOR CO A ANACOSTIA BOLLING, DC July 2023
MARCORP ADVISOR CO B CONCORD, CA July 2023
HQTRS, MAG-41 FORT WORTH, TX July 2023
HQTRS CO, CLR-45 MARIETTA, GA July 2023
Sergeants Major (SgtsMaj) must meet the following criteria:
a. All SgtsMaj selected on the Fiscal Year 2020 (FY20) promotion board or earlier are expected to submit for the O6 level slate.
b. Must have at least 24 months of available service to obligate upon the assignment date in order to serve in the billet before a mandatory retirement date and not exceed the Enlisted Career Force Controls (ECFC) per reference (c).
c. Must meet Height and Weight (HT/WT) standards and have passed
a recent Physical Fitness Test and Combat Fitness Test (PFT/CFT).
d. Must be worldwide deployable.
2. Submission package will include: NAVMC 10274 (AA Form) addressed to the Director of Reserve Affairs (RA) (Attn: SgtMaj), current height/weight verification, professional resume, and professional biography. Package must be endorsed in Standard Naval Letter Format via the immediate chain of command, to include the first O6 in the chain of command. No Commanding General endorsement is required for this slate.
3. Master Brief Sheets and Fitness Reports are no longer required as part of the submission package. Marines should review their Fitness Reports and Master Brief Sheet for accuracy.
4. All correspondence as listed in paragraph 2 must arrive at Headquarters Marine Corps (HQMC) RA no later than (NLT) 13 October 2022. Applicants must sign, scan, and email the entire package to: Reserve_Affairs_SGTMAJ@usmc.mil.
5. The SgtsMaj selected for the listed billets must be prepared to accept orders NLT the above listed date of assignment. Upon selection, the selectee will make immediate liaison with the newly slated unit to establish a formal check in date and conduct a proper turnover. The tour of duty for assignment to the O6 level command SgtMaj billets are for a minimum of two years and a maximum of three years. If moving from one Major Subordinate Command (MSC) to another as a result of the slate, both MSC SgtsMaj must be informed as to when the turnover will take place. An Inter-Unit Transfer (IUT) will be submitted via Requirements, Transition, and Manpower Management System (RTAMMS) to HQMC RA.
6. Selections will be announced via a MARADMIN following completion
of the slate. Questions concerning the slating process should be communicated directly to the RA SgtMaj at (703) 784-9100.
7. Release authorized by Major General M. S. Martin, Director, Reserve Affairs Division.//