R 031430Z AUG 22
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC PPO PL WASHINGTON DC//
SUBJ/2023 GROUND AND INTELLIGENCE PERSONNEL EXCHANGE PROGRAM SELECTION PANEL RESULTS//
NARR/REF A IS MARINE CORPS ORDER 1520.11F, INTERNATIONAL AFFAIRS PROGRAM (IAP), CHAPTER 5 APPLIES TO THE PERSONNEL EXCHANGE PROGRAM. REF B IS MARINE CORPS ORDER 1326.6 CH-1, SELECTING, SCREENING, AND PREPARING ENLISTED MARINES FOR SCREENABLE BILLETS AND INDEPENDENT DUTY ASSIGNMENTS. REF C IS MARINE CORPS ORDER 1300.8 CH-1, PERSONNEL ASSIGNMENT POLICY. REF D IS MARADMIN 145/22, 2023 PERSONNEL EXCHANGE PROGRAM SOLICITATION MESSAGE.//
POC/1/CHRISTOPHER D. DELLOW/LTCOL/CMC DC PPO PL WASHINGTON DC/DSN 312-224-4365/703-692-4365/CHRISTOPHER.DELLOW@USMC.MIL//
POC/2/CLAYTON J. FISHER/CIV/CMC DC PPO PL WASHINGTON DC/DSN 312-224-0322/703-614-0322/CLAYTON.FISHER@USMC.MIL//
POC/3/JONATHAN LEVINE/GYSGT/CMC DC PPO PL WASHINGTON DC/DSN 312-224-4366/703-692-4366/JONATHAN.LEVINE@USMC.MIL//
POC/4/RONAL MORALES/CTR/CMC DC PPO PL WASHINGTON DC/DSN 312-224-2168/703-692-2168/RONAL.MORALES.CTR@USMC.MIL//
POC/5/MATTHEW R. POPE/CAPT/CMC DC I ISS WASHINGTON DC/DSN 312-224-5421/703-693-5421/MATTHEW.R.POPE@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. On 29 July 2022, the Deputy Commandant for Plans, Policies, and Operations (DC, PP&O) convened the 2023 Ground and Intelligence Personnel Exchange Program (PEP) selection panel to select Marines to represent the Marine Corps in PEP billets embedded in the armed forces of allied and partner nations.
2. Board results. The panel selected the following Marines to serve as PEPs.
Name Grd PMOS Billet Country Report Note
Lehane, J.G. O6 8041 AMPHIBIOUS PLANNER AUS Nov 23 1
Delisi, J.J. O3 0202 MCFPEP INTELLIGENCE OFF AUS TBD 2
Dalton, E.W. O3 0202 ASSISTANT OPERATIONS OFF AUS Jun 23 3
Floresmar, G. E8 0393 MCFPEP EXCHANGE LAR INSTR AUS Dec 23 4
Brewer, J.M. E7 0369 TACTICS INSTRUCTOR AUS Dec 23 2
Halverson, L. O4 0402 MCFPEP EXCHANGE OFFICER FRA Aug 23 5
Labadie, J.R. E6 0321 MCFPEP EXCHANGE SNC0 NLD Aug 23 6
Godbey, A.S. O4 3002 MCFPEP EXCHANGE OFFICER PER Jul 23 7
Frey, C.M. O5 0302 MCFPEP UK USMC REP GBR Jul 23 8
Nerdahl, M.A. O3 0202 MCFPEP INTELLIGENCE OFF GBR Jul 23 9
Cruz, J.R. E7 0321 MCFPEP EXCHANGE COMMANDO GBR Jul 23 10
3. Alternates will be contacted in the event the primary candidates are unavailable for assignment. Notification of alternates will be made via separate correspondence.
4. Selected Marines are directed to contact PPO PL and their primary Military Occupational Specialty Monitor NLT 19 August 2022 to accept or decline selection.
5. The following abbreviated country-billet codes and notes apply: Australia (AUS), France (FRA), Netherlands (NLD), Peru (PER), United Kingdom (GBR).
Note Duty Location MCC
1 Brisbane, AUS TF2
2 Queensland, AUS TF2
3 Canberra, AUS TF2
4 Puckapunyal, AUS TF2
5 Nimes, FRA TZ2
6 Doorn, NLD MAJ
7 Ancon, PER TEX
8 Northwood Middlesex, GBR NE1
9 Plymouth, GBR TL4
10 Barnstaple, GBR K02
6. Billets at the following locations require language proficiency. The language requirement is a minimum Defense Language Proficiency Test (DLPT) score of 2/2 (Reading/Listening) with minimum Oral Proficiency Interview (OPI) score of 1+ in target language. Selectees requiring foreign language training must have a minimum Defense Language Aptitude Battery (DLAB) score of 95 for Dutch, French, and Spanish. Selectees who do not meet the DLPT and OPI requirements in the respective foreign language will attend language training at the Defense Language Institute as listed below. Language training is estimated to begin and end on the following dates. Report dates in country will be modified as required to meet language training requirements.
Country Language Location Est Start Est End
FRA Adv French Washington, DC 20230601 20230714
NLD Dutch Washington, DC 20230102 20230831
PER Spanish Monterey, CA 20221201 20230731
7. All Marines are required to have sufficient obligated service remaining after completion of the PEP tour to fulfill a two-year follow-on assignment.
8. Upon meeting the qualifications established in REF A, Marines are encouraged to apply via the Experience Track for the appropriate Foreign Area Officer, Regional Affairs Officer, or Foreign Area Staff Non-Commissioned Officer additional military occupational speciality based on region assigned and language capability. Application templates are available at: https:(slash)(slash)www.hqmc.marines.mil/ppo/Units/Strategy-and-Plans-Division-PL/International-Affairs-Branch-PLU/International-Affairs-Programs/Resources/.
9. Release authorized by Mr. J. L. DeWeese, Acting Director, Strategy and Plans Division, Plans, Policies and Operations, Headquarters U.S. Marine Corps.//