R 311202Z AUG 22
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC DMCS//
SUBJ/LABOR DAY MESSAGE 2022//
1. The establishment of Labor Day as a Federal holiday in 1894 culminated decades of efforts to improve conditions and recognize the many contributions of the American worker. In the wake of the Industrial Revolution, this new holiday represented an official acknowledgement that it was the hard work and ingenuity of everyday workers that drove our Nation to success and prosperity.
2. These past few years have stretched our Nation’s workforce and forced many to adapt and overcome. As we celebrate Labor Day this year, let us recognize all the men and women who continue working hard, innovating, and in some cases even putting their own health at risk to keep our Nation thriving. We appreciate all of the American workers who continue to embody the spirit, ingenuity, and adaptability that make our Nation great.
3. Labor Day also generally marks the unofficial end of summer and an opportunity to spend time with family and friends. Remember as you are celebrating that you are our greatest asset. We expect all our Marines to take precautions to stay healthy and ready to answer when our Nation calls.
4. Enjoy the holiday, be safe, and take care of each other.
5. Semper Fidelis, David H. Berger, General, U.S. Marine Corps, Commandant of the Marine Corps.//