R 161240Z SEP 22
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MP//
SUBJ/CALL FOR PARTICIPATION IN THE 2022 WOMEN OF COLOR SCIENCE, TECHNOLOGY, ENGINEERING, AND MATH DIGITAL TWIN EXPERIENCE CONFERENCE//
POC/M. J. SHEPPARD/CIV/CMC (MPE)/-/TEL: COM 703-784-9371/DSN 278/ EMAIL: MARC.SHEPPARD@USMC.MIL//
POC/E. C. HABIB/CAPT/CMC (MPE)/-/TEL: COM 703-784-9371/DSN 278/ EMAIL: EVAN.HABIB@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. The 2022 Women of Color (WOC) Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM) Digital Twin Experience (DTX) Conference will be held from 6 – 8 October 2022 both online and in-person at the Huntington Place Convention Center at 1 Washington Boulevard, Detroit, MI 48226. Upon funding approval, the Manpower and Reserve Affairs’ (M&RA) Opportunity, Diversity, and Inclusion Branch (MPE) will sponsor 20 conference registration fees and travel expenses to include per diem, mileage, and airfare for this event. Lodging expenses will be limited to the government rate and travelers are to utilize the integrated lodging program. Commands may authorize rental cars using unit funds. Travelers are encouraged to work through their unit Organizational Defense Travel Administrator for instructions on properly submitting authorizations and vouchers.
2. Career Communications Group, Inc. (CCG) hosts the three-day multicultural event for women in STEM. The conference encouragesall women to improve their education and careers in STEM fields. Participants learn from the top minds in the industry and collaborate with their peers. This conference creates an informal,trusted community that provides support specifically to women in STEM careers. For additional information, you may access the Women of Color STEM website at https:(slash)(slash) s4.goeshow.com/ccgroup/womenofcolor/2022/index.cfm
3. Commanders may authorize temporary additional duty for Marines, Civilian Marines, and Sailors who are attached to Marine units to attend. All Marine Corps registration fees must be coordinated through MPE.
4. Requests to attend this event should be emailed to the group mailbox MPE_Outreach@usmc.mil via your Officer-in-Charge and include the following information: name, rank, unit, EDIPI, email, and duty station. Marines must have a GTCC in their possession and a DTS profile joined to their respective unit. Submit requests to participate no later than (NLT) 20 September 2022. Requests received after the NLT date will not be facilitated.
5. Career Communications Group, Inc. is a non-federal entity wholly independent of the Marine Corps.
6. This MARADMIN is applicable to the Marine Corps Total Force.
7. Release authorized by BGen A. T. Williamson, Director, Manpower Plans and Policy Division.//