R 201300Z SEP 22
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA RA//
SUBJ/FISCAL YEAR 2023 (FY23) ACTIVE RESERVE (AR) ENLISTED ACCESSION BONUS (EAB)//
REF/A/MSGID: DOC/TITLE 37 U.S. CODE//
REF/B/MSGID: DOC/MCO 1040R.31/20200626//
NARR/REFERENCE (A) IS U.S.C. TITLE 37, CHAPTER 5, SECTION 308C. REFERENCE (B) IS THE RESERVE CAREER RETENTION AND DEVELOPMENT MANUAL.//
POC/B. M. OGDEN/MAJ/RA (RAP)/TEL: (703)784-9143/EMAIL: RAP@USMC.MIL//
POC/R. D. NOYES/MGYSGT/RA (RA)/TEL: (703)784-0583/EMAIL: RA-RETENTION@USMC.MIL//
POC/P. BORGES/MSGT/RA (RAP)/TEL: (703)784-0581/EMAIL: RAP@USMC.MIL//
POC/V. HODGE/GYSGT/RA (RAM)/TEL: (703)432-9077/EMAIL: RAM 1@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Purpose. Recruiting Marines with critical skills is necessary to facilitate the integration of the USMCR within the Total Force. Per the references, this MARADMIN announces the FY23 Active Reserve (AR) Enlisted Affiliation Bonus (EAB) eligibility and application procedures.
2. EAB Lump Sum Amount. The bonus is authorized in two amounts, 10,000 or 20,000 dollars in accordance with references (a).
a. The following MOSs are eligible for the 10,000 dollar EAB: 0231, 0271, 0411, 0451, 0671, 1141, 1142, 1161, 3043, 3051, 3521, 3531, 5711, 6048, 6073, 6116, 6531, 6541, 6672, and 7041.
b. The following MOSs are eligible for the 20,000 dollar EAB: 4821, 6114, 6154, 6156, 6174, 6176, 6217, 6257, and 6276.
c. Marines must have 36 months of contractual obligation at the time of accession in accordance with reference (b).
d. Marines must have less than a three-year break in service from the AC or AR, or be a satisfactory participant in the SMCR or as an Individual Mobilization Augmentee (IMA).
e. Marines must have been released from their prior component under honorable conditions.
f. Marines must not have failed selection to the next higher grade in the SMCR, or have been reduced in rank to their current grade.
g. Marines must not be entitled to receive retired or retainer pay.
h. Marines must have a minimum of two years of active duty service in eligible aviation Primary Military Occupational Specialty (MOS).
4. Administrative Guidance
a. Submissions. Marines who meet the retention guidelines in reference (b) and the incentive requirements established in this MARADMIN should have their Unit Career Planner or Prior Service Recruiter (PSR) submit an accession package with an AR EAB via the Total Force Retention System (TFRS), including submissions under the Direct Affiliation Program (DAP).
b. All requests for the AR EAB must be submitted via the Total Force Retention System (TFRS) to RA. Request for the FY23 AR EAB will not be approved before 1 October 2022.
c. A signed statement of understanding (SOU) must be submitted with the TFRS request prior to issuance of a bonus.
(1) SOUs are found in the forms section of TFRS.
(2) A valid SOU will contain the Marine’s name and EDIPI, unit information, BIC information, PMOS/NMOS, and appropriate signatures. If the SOU is missing any required data it will be returned to the appropriate unit for corrective action.
d. RA will adjudicate and return the request via TFRS to the originator.
e. Waiver requests will be submitted to Reserve Affairs Personnel Policy, Plans, and Programming and Budgeting (RA (RAP)) as an attachment to the TFRS request. Waiver requests submitted from CPs will include the member's chain of command endorsement up to the first O-5 level commander (battalion/squadron). Waiver requests submitted from PSR will include endorsement from the PSR OIC. RA (RAP) will approve/disapprove waiver requests in the adjudication process of the TFRS request.
f. Bonus requests must be received by RA no later than 15 September 2023.
g. Marines who fail to accept the AR EAB by the no later than date on the TFRS authority forfeit their incentive eligibility.
a. Recipients of this incentive will incur a three-year obligation in the PMOS authorized from the date of accession into the AR program.
b. Payment procedure. Upon receipt of all TFRS approved documents and after the Marine’s accession to the AR program, the unit will verify the posting of the obligation remark in Marine Corps Total Force System. After verifying the obligation, the unit will then report the following unit diary entries:
(1) Bonus Program Enlisted For (PEF) code (report prior to bonus payment). Use PEF code RC as indicated: TTC 153 001 bonus PEF RC.
(2) Applicable bonus entry with the effective date of the Marine’s Accession date: TTC 900 003.
6. Retraining. This incentive can be accepted in conjunction with lateral move. Marines may request to retrain to the following MOSs: 0411, 3043, 3521, 4821, 6156, and 6217.
a. Recoupment will occur at a prorated amount if the Marine:
(1) Fails to fulfill the obligation.
(2) Fails to execute a lateral move.
(3) Augments to the AC.
(4) Transfers to the Selected Marine Corps Reserve, Individual Mobilization Augmentees, or the Individual Ready Reserve.
b. Recoupment will not occur if the Marine:
(1) Receives a denial for further service due to twice failing selection to the next higher grade or disability.
(2) Receives a commission or accepts an appointment in the RC and has served one year of the incentive obligation.
8. Recipients of this incentive may not concurrently receive another incentive.
9. Due to finite incentive funds, incentives will be issued on a first come, first served basis.
10. This MARADMIN cancels 30 September 2023.
11. Release authorized by Major General M. S. Martin, Director, Reserve Affairs Division.//