R 292000Z SEP 22
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MM//
SUBJ/ENLISTED MARINE APPLICATIONS BEING ACCEPTED BY NAVY FLIGHT DEMONSTRATION SQUADRON (BLUE ANGELS) FOR 2024-2026 SHOW SEASONS//
AMPN/REF A IS CNATRAINST 1301.4N, APPLICATION PROCEDURES AND QUALIFICATIONS FOR OFFICERS OF THE BLUE ANGELS.//
POC/B. M. PAULSEN/GYSGT/TEL: 815-405-3259 OR TEL: 850-452-3651/ EMAIL: BRANDON.M.PAULSEN.MIL@US.NAVY.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. The purpose of this MARADMIN is to announce requirements and solicit qualified Enlisted Marine applications to the Navy Flight Demonstration Squadron (Blue Angels) for the CY 2024 – 2026 show seasons. Applications must be received no later than 30 NOV 2022. Selection results will be available no later than 31 DEC 2022. Selectees shall be ordered to report no later than 31 OCT 2023.
2. There are open billets within the following MOS:
(1) 6217 - Fixed-Wing Aircraft Mechanic, F/A-18 (Sgt-SSgt)
(1) 6256 - Fixed-Wing Aircraft Airframe Mechanic, KC-130J (Sgt-SSgt)
(1) 6257 - Fixed-Wing Aircraft Airframe Mechanic, F/A-18 (Sgt-SSgt)
(2) 6276 - Fixed-Wing Aircraft Loadmaster, KC-130J (Sgt-GySgt)
(1) 6317 – Aircraft Com/Nav Systems Technician, F/A-18 (Sgt-SSgt)
(1) 6337 - Aircraft Electrical Systems Technician, F/A-18 (Sgt-SSgt)
3. Personnel selected for this unique and demanding duty represent hundreds of thousands of Marines and Sailors serving throughout the United States and abroad. Applicants must meet the requirements listed below to be considered for duty with the Blue Angels (waivers are not normally considered).
3.a. Must be on active duty.
3.b. Applicants must have completed a minimum of 2 years’ time-on-station by 1 Jul 2023 or within 12 months of PCS or PCA orders.
3.c. No non-judicial punishment or court-martial convictions in the last 36 months.
3.d. No alcohol-related incidents (civil or military) in the last 36 months. Driving under the influence/driving while intoxicated convictions within the last 5 years are disqualifying.
3.e. No financial instability/command directed counseling in the last 36 months. Applicants must be eligible for a government credit card (this cannot be waived).
3.f. No physical fitness test or combat fitness test failures in the last 36 months. Personnel who have had medical waivers in the last 24 months will be considered on a case-by-case basis only.
3.g. Specific requirements for the 6276 billet:
3.g.1. Must be currently a NATOPS qualified Loadmaster.
3.g.2. Flight Engineer designation required.
3.g.3. Minimum of 750 KC-130J/T flight hours recommended.
3.g.4. Completion of air drop school recommended.
3.h. Specific requirement for the 6217 billet:
3.h.1. Must be a Collateral Duty Inspector.
3.i. Specific requirement for the 6337 billet:
3.i.1. Must be a Collateral Duty Inspector.
3.j. Specific requirement for the 6256 Billet:
3.j.1. Must be a Collateral Duty Quality Assurance Representative.
3.k. Specific requirement for the 6257 Billet:
3.k.1. Must be a Collateral Duty Inspector.
3.l. Specific requirement for the 6317 Billet:
3.l.1. Must be a Collateral Duty Inspector.
4. Interested Marines meeting the above requirements shall submit an application to the Blue Angels with the following documents in this order:
4.a. Current Commanding Officer signed letter of endorsement on command letterhead, which must include: A statement on military appearance and tattoos, an evaluation of the Marine’s public speaking ability, demeanor, professional knowledge, and leadership skills.
4.b. Request for Consideration Letter (template is enclosure 2 within CNATRAINST 1301.4N). Replace template enclosures with the following:
4.b.1. Enclosure 1: Copy of BIR and BTR.
4.b.2. Enclosure 2: Copy of page 11s.
4.b.3. Enclosure 3: Any letters of recommendation.
4.b.4. Enclosure 4: Completed enlisted application questionnaire
located at: https:(slash)(slash)www.blueangels.navy.mil/join/.
5. Applications should be sent electronically to: Brandon.M.Paulsen@us.navy.mil. Physical applications are not required, but may be mailed to:
Navy Flight Demonstration Squadron
Attn: GySgt Brandon Paulsen
390 San Carlos Road Suite A
Pensacola, FL 32508-5008
6. Point of contact: GySgt Brandon M. Paulsen at (815) 405-3259 or (850) 452-3651 or via email at Brandon.M.Paulsen.email@example.com. For further information, visit the Blue Angels web site at: www.blueangels.navy.mil.
7. This MARADMIN is not applicable to the Marine Corps Reserves.
8. Release authorized by MajGen Michael J. Borgschulte, Director, Manpower Management Division.//