R 292030Z SEP 22
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MM//
SUBJ/FISCAL YEAR 2022 COMMANDANT OF THE MARINE CORPS CAREER PLANNER OF THE YEAR AWARD//
REF/A/MSGID: DOC/CMC MMEA/YMD: 20100908//
REF/B/REF/D/MSGID: DOC/CMC MMPR-2/YMD: 20120614//
NARR/REF A IS MCO 1040.31, ENLISTED RETENTION AND CAREER DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM. REF B IS MCO P1400.32D W/CH 2, MARINE CORPS PROMOTION MANUAL, VOLUME 2, ENLISTED PROMOTIONS.//
POC/B. P. LODGE/MGYSGT/HQMC MMEA-1/-/TEL: (703) 432-9125/EMAIL: BRYANT.LODGE@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Purpose. This MARADMIN coordinates the submission of nominations for the Fiscal Year 2022 (FY22) Commandant of the Marine Corps (CMC) Career Planner of the Year award.
2. Background. Reference (a) established the subject award to provide recognition for performance that reflects exceptional leadership, management/organization skills, devotion to duty, and initiative in support of maintaining a quality enlisted career force. Marines nominated for the Career Planner of the Year have displayed a consistently high level of performance that significantly and positively impacted mission accomplishment.
3. Manpower Management Enlisted Assignments (MMEA) will convene the FY22 Career Planner of the Year board at Headquarters, U.S.Marine Corps (HQMC), on or about 3 November 2022. Applications must be submitted to CMC (MMEA) no later than 25 October 2022. Applications will be submitted via the Total Force Retention System (TFRS) as a SDA/Miscellaneous Duty request. Selection results will be published via MARADMIN.
4. Nominations. Nominations must be endorsed by the first Commanding General-level unit in the Marine’s chain of command. Only two nominations are permitted per Commanding General-level unit.
5. Criteria. All nominees must meet the following criteria:
5.a. Not have been previously awarded CMC Career Planner or CMC Career Planner SNCOIC of the Year.
5.b. Must hold the primary military occupational specialty 4821.
5.c. Must have served in valid Career Planner billets for the entire fiscal year.
5.d. Must have undergone a staff assist visit inspection from a major subordinate command Career Planner or a Commanding General Readiness Inspection and received a mission capable rating within the previous 12 months.
5.e. Must meet all reenlistment pre-requisites.
5.f. Must be Professional Military Education complete for grade.
6. Submission requirements. All packages must contain the following information at a minimum:
6.a. Commanding General endorsement.
6.b. Nomination letter from the command.
6.c. Career Planner of the Year checklist.
6.d. Career Planner of the Year data sheet.
6.e. One page autobiography.
6.f. Copy of pages 11, 12, 13, and UPB.
6.g. Copy of functional area checklist completed per paragraph 5.e.
7. An example of all required documents are available for download via TFRS.
8. If qualifed, the Career Planner selected as the FY22 Career Planner of the year will be meritorously promoted.
9. The Marine selected as the Career Planner of the Year will receive a Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal from the CMC. The runner-up will also receive a Navy and Marine Corps Commendation medal from the CMC.
10. Commands will generate a Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal recommendation in the HQMC awards processing system. The first sentence of the Summary of Action (SOA) will read "nominee for (Career Planner of the Year) 2022." A complete copy of the award recommendation (1650, SOA, and citation) will be included in the nomination package.
11. The date and location for the awards ceremony will be forthcoming in a future MARADMIN.
12. This MARADMIN is not applicable to the Marine Corps Reserve.
13. Release authorized by MajGen Michael J. Borgschulte, Director, Manpower Management Division.//