R 261830Z OCT 22
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA RA//
SUBJ/ANNOUNCEMENT OF RESERVE SERGEANTS MAJOR SLATE FOR CALENDAR YEAR 2023 (CY23)//
REF/A/MSGID: MSG/CMC/YMD: 011658ZAUG22//
REF/B/MSGID: DOC/MCO 1001R.1L/YMD: 20180315//
REF/C/MSGID: DOC/RAP/YMD: 20210512//
NARR/REFERENCE (A) IS MARADMIN 386/22, CALENDAR YEAR 2023 BILLET VACANCIES FOR RESERVE COMPONENT SERGEANTS MAJOR SLATE. REFERENCE (B) IS THE MARINE CORPS RESERVE ADMINISTRATIVE MANAGEMENT MANUAL (MCRAMM). REFERENCE (C) IS THE SELECT RESERVE BILLET IDENTIFICATION CODE (BIC) ASSIGNMENT AND MANAGEMENT POLICY.//
POC/R. A. ESPARZA/SGTMAJ/RA/TEL: (703) 784-9100/EMAIL: RESERVE_AFFAIRS_SGTMAJ@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Per the references, the following Sergeants Major (SgtsMaj) have been slated for the below listed billets:
Name: Unit/Location: NO LATER THAN DATE
POOR, R. W. HQTRS CO, 23D MAR REGT, April 2023
SAN BRUNO, CA
HIBBARD, B. J. HQTRS BTRY, 14TH MAR REGT, July 2023
FORT WORTH, TX
SCOTT, S. P. 3D CIV AFF GROUP, July 2023
GREAT LAKES, IL
KRUTHERS, B. J. MARCOR ADVISOR CO A, July 2023
ANACOSTIA BOLLING, DC
CONRAD, A. J. MARCOR ADVISOR CO B, July 2023
TACOPINO JR, J. F. HQTRS, MAG-41 July 2023
FORT WORTH, TX
GRAY, A. B. HQTRS CO, CLR-45 July 2023
2. Per references (a) and (b), the newly assigned SgtsMaj are directed to submit their Inter-Unit Transfer (IUT) via Requirements, Transition, and Manpower Management System (RTAMMS) to Headquarters Marine Corps, Reserve Affairs Division (RA).
3. The tour of duty for each newly selected O6 level command SgtMaj is 24 months and may be extended 12 additional months based on the needs of the Marine Corps with a favorable endorsement via the chain of command. All newly assigned SgtsMaj will coordinate report dates with the SgtMaj of their gaining Major Subordinate Command. The intent is to ensure that a proper turnover will be conducted.
4. Per reference (c), duplicate BIC assignments are authorized for a 90-day turnover if applicable. The gaining command is directed to contact the RA SgtMaj for appropriate BIC assignment. The RA SgtMaj will reassign the outbound SgtMaj to an EX009 BIC and assign the incoming SgtMaj to the published BIC per the unit verified table of organization. The outbound SgtMaj must remain assigned to the EX009 BIC until completion of the IUT and transferred to gaining command.
5. Any questions concerning the assignment or slating process should be addressed to the RA SgtMaj, Headquarters Marine Corps, Quantico, Virginia, SgtMaj R. A. Esparza, DSN 278-9100, (703) 784-9100 or by email at Reserve_Affairs_SGTMAJ@usmc.mil.
6. Release authorized by Major General M. S. Martin, Director, Reserve Affairs Division.//