R 021400Z NOV 22
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MP//
SUBJ/CALL FOR PARTICIPATION IN THE ASSOCIATION OF NAVAL SERVICES OFFICERS SYMPOSIUM//
POC/M. J. SHEPPARD/CIV/CMC (MPE)/TEL: COM 703-784-9371/DSN 278/ EMAIL: MARC.SHEPPARD@USMC.MIL//
POC/A. QUINONES/SSGT/CMC (MPE)/TEL: COM 703-784-9371/DSN 278/ EMAIL: ANTHONY.QUINONES@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. The Association of Naval Services Officers (ANSO) Symposium will be held at the Admiral Kidd Catering and Conference Center, Naval Base Point Loma in San Diego, California 7 – 8 December 2022. The Opportunity, Diversity, and Inclusion Branch (MPE) of Manpower and Reserve Affairs will sponsor 75 conference registration fees for this event. Conference attendance is open to all Marines, civilian Marines, and Sailors.
2. The ANSO Symposium is an event that supports the Sea Service Chiefs’ efforts in Hispanic workforce recruitment and retention. ANSO fosters the personal growth and professional development of officers and enlisted personnel. They provide mentorship, networking, training, and educational opportunities while engaging the Hispanic community through outreach initiatives. The ANSO is a non-federal entity wholly independent of the Marine Corps. More information can be found on their website at https:(slash)(slash)www.ansomil.org.
3. Commanders are encouraged to authorize Temporary Additional Duty for Marines, civilian Marines, and Sailors who are attached to their units. Local travel is authorized for members in the local area. All Marine Corps registration fees must be coordinated through the MPE Branch. Rental cars are authorized at the discretion of the command using unit funds.
4. Requests to participate in this event should be emailed to the organizational mailbox MPE_Outreach@usmc.mil via your Officer-in-Charge and include the following information: name, rank, unit, email, and duty station. Submit requests to participate no later than 22 November 2022.
5. Uniform of the day for this event is Service “B” for Marines, service equivalent for Sailors, and business casual for civilians.
6. This MARADMIN is applicable to the Marine Corps Total Force.
7. Release authorized by SES M. R. Melillo, Director, Manpower Plans and Policy Division, Acting.//