R 072100Z NOV 22
MSGID/GENADMIN/CG TECOM QUANTICO VA//
SUBJ/INITIAL GUIDANCE FOR FISCAL YEAR 2025 - 2029 TRAINING INPUT PLAN WORKING GROUP//
REF/A/ DOC / MCO 1553.1B /19910524//
REF/B/ DOC / MCO 1553.2D /20210623//
REF/C/ DOC / MCO 5311.1E /20151118//
NARR/REF A IS MCO 1553.1B, "TRAINING AND EDUCATION SYSTEM." REF B IS MCO 1553.2D, "FORMAL SCHOOL MANAGEMENT POLICY." REF C IS MCO 5311.1E, "TOTAL FORCE STRUCTURE PROCESS."//
POC/MR. JAY COUTU/GS-13/TECOM/703.432.2063/DSN: 378.2063/E-MAIL: JAY.COUTU@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Per the references, Commanding General, Training and Education Command (TECOM) sponsors the annual Training Input Plan (TIP) Working Group, and the TECOM Student Registrar Branch acts as the TECOM agent. The fiscal year (FY) 2025 – 2029 working group will occur virtually from Tuesday, 14 March to Wednesday, 15 March 2023. This message provides initial guidance to sponsors who must submit formal school training requirements to that working group.
2.a. TECOM solicits formal school quota requirements from sponsors and from Fleet Marine Force (FMF) commanders. The compiled requirements create the annual TIP, which is used to program, resource, and schedule training capacity. To allow time for validation, TECOM requests submissions approximately two months prior to the working group. This also allows the working group to focus on finalizing requirements in March vice gathering them in March.
2.b. Sponsors who do not submit requirements will not have their requirements published. This could result in certain sponsors not having FY25 allocations in their desired courses.
3.a. Finalize FY25 formal school requirements by military occupational specialty, or by individual course identifier, sponsor, and student type.
3.b. Provide initial estimates of FY26 – 29 formal school requirements by military occupational specialty, or by individual course identifier, sponsor, and student type.
4. Action. Sponsors submit requirements as follows:
4.a. The following sponsors under Deputy Commandant, Manpower and Reserve Affairs should submit FY25 - 29 requirements by 28 February 2023:
4.a.1. Those with active duty, entry-level, officer requirements.
4.a.2. Those with active duty, entry-level, enlisted requirements.
4.a.3. Those with reserve, entry-level, officer requirements.
4.a.4. Those with reserve, entry-level, enlisted requirements.
4.a.5. Those with enlisted lateral move requirements.
4.a.6. Examples of these sponsors are Manpower, Plans, and Policy; Reserve Affairs Personnel, Policy, Plans and Programming; and Reserve Affairs Management. Submit requirements in the Marine Corps Training Information System (MCTIMS) Student Registrar Module.
4.b. Sponsors not included in paragraph 4.a. above must submit their best estimate of FY25 – 29 requirements no later than 31 January 2023. Those sponsors' requirements must be connected to an active course Identifier, and they shall submit requirements in the MCTIMS Student Registrar Module.
4.c. Primary method for submitting FY25 – 29 requirements
4.c.1. Sponsor TIP tool. The sponsor TIP tool is the single method for submitting requirements. Sponsors shall submit FY25 – 29 requirements in the MCTIMS Student Registrar Module by using the sponsor TIP tool sub-module, which will be enabled no later than 12 December 2022. Use of the sponsor TIP tool will allow TECOM to analyze and accept requirements, return them to sponsors for additional justification, and keep requirement-related communications solely within MCTIMS. For additional guidance on sponsor TIP tool use, sponsors may contact TECOM’s Student Registrar Branch.
5. Post-submission actions. TECOM will compare FY20 – 22 utilization data to FY25 - 29 submissions. Past utilization may impact TECOM's validation of sponsors' FY25 - 29 requirements. TECOM will also compare FY23 and FY24 requirements that sponsors submitted last year. If FY25 - 29 requirements show an increase of 10 percent or more, sponsors should provide justification. The objective is to validate requirements prior to the working group. This will minimize the need to deliberate on validity during the working group itself.
6. A final guidance MARADMIN will announce an agenda as well as which virtual platform the working group will use. TECOM expects to publish this MARADMIN in January 2023.
7. Sponsors should contact the listed point of contact to ensure Student Registrar Branch has correct contact information for your sponsor code.
8. TIP Symposium. TECOM Student Registrar Branch will host a one-day TIP Symposium tentatively scheduled for 6 December 2022. The intent of this symposium is to provide training to newly assigned requirement sponsors; however, all sponsors are welcome and encouraged to participate. Topics will include the TIP process, sponsor roles, responsibilities and best practices, and an overview of the TECOM World Wide Travel fund. Additional information regarding the symposium, to include location, times, and detailed agenda, will be provided via separate correspondence.
9. This MARADMIN applies to the total force.
10. Release is authorized by Lieutenant General Kevin M. Iiams, Commanding General, Training and Education Command.//