R 081700Z NOV 22
SGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MP//
SUBJ/FISCAL YEAR 2023 OUTREACH EVENTS//
POC/M. J. SHEPPARD/CIV/CMC (MPE)/-/TEL: COM 703-784-9371/DSN 278 /EMAIL: MARC.SHEPPARD@USMC.MIL//
POC/E. C. HABIB/CAPT/CMC (MPE) /-/TEL: COM 703-784-96371/DSN 278 /EMAIL: EVAN.HABIB@USMC.MIL//
POC/A. QUINONES/SSGT/CMC (MPE)/-/TEL: COM 703-784-9371/DSN 278 /EMAIL: ANTHONY.QUINONES@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Throughout the year, the Marine Corps provides opportunities for Marines to attend a select list of outreach events to gain professional development, mentoring, and networking experiences. The Marine Corps has historically participated in these events for their positive reception by Marines and value in promoting diversity and inclusion.
2. For planning purposes, listed below are the outreach events to which Headquarters, United States Marine Corps (HQMC), Manpower and Reserve Affairs (MRA) through the Opportunity, Diversity, and Inclusion Branch (MPE) will sponsor registration and travel during Fiscal Year 2023. Separate announcements will be released for each event containing participation details. Marines must go through their chain of command for authorization to participate. Actual dates will be confirmed once they become available. The outreach events for the Fiscal Year 2023 are:
a. Association of Naval Officers Services Officers (6-8 Dec 2022)
b. Becoming Everything You Are - Science, Technology, Engineering and Math with Stars and Stripes Awards (9-11 Feb 2023)
c. Women in Aviation International (23-25 Feb 2023)
d. Academy Women - Officer Women Leadership Symposium (OWLS) (14-15 April 2023).
e. Asian Pacific American (APA) Symposium (25-27 Apr 2023)
f. Federal Asian Pacific American Council (FAPAC) - National Leadership Training Program (Apr-Jun 2023)
g. Society of American Indian Government Employees (SAIGE) – National Training Program (19-22 June 2023)
h. Sea Service Leadership Association (SSLA) - Joint Women’s Leadership Symposium (JWLS) (June 2023)
i. Women in Defense (WID) - National Conference (June 2023)
j. Federally Employed Women (FEW) - National Training Program (NTP) (July 2023)
k. League of United Latin American Citizens (LULAC) - National Convention (Jun-Aug 2023)
l. National Montford Point Marine Association, Inc. (NMPMA) (23-27 Aug 2023)
m. National Naval Officer Association (NNOA) (Jul-Sep 2023)
n. Blacks in Government (BIG) - National Training Institute (Jul-Sep 2023)
o. Latina Style - National Latina Style Symposium (Aug-Sep 2023)
p. National IMAGE - National Training Program (NTP) (Aug-Sep 2023)
3. All events are subject to final approval and budget availability.
4. To propose additional outreach events, submit inquiries and suggestions to the organizational mailbox MPE_Outreach@usmc.mil. Proposals should include justification for Marine Corps-wide participation and all organizational contact information.
5. This MARADMIN is applicable to the Marine Corps Total Force.
6. Release authorized by SES M. R. Melillo, Director, Manpower Plans and Policy Division, Acting.//