R 161330Z NOV 22
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MM//
SUBJ/FY23 NON-SPECIAL DUTY ASSIGNMENT (NON-SDA) MERITORIOUS
REF/A/MSGID: DOC/CMC MMPR-2/YMD: 20120614//
REF/B/MSGID: MSG/CMC WASHINGTON DC/DTG: 191450ZDEC16//
REF/C/MSGID: DOC/CMC MPP-20/YMD: 20221101//
REF/D/MSGID: MSG/CMC WASHINGTON DC/DTG: 171406ZJUN20//
REF/E/MSGID: MSG/CMC WASHINGTON DC/DTG: 071600ZJUL22//
NARR/REF A IS MCO P1400.32D W/CH 2, MARINE CORPS PROMOTION MANUAL, VOLUME II, ENLISTED PROMOTIONS (SHORT TITLE: ENLPROMMAN). REF B IS MARADMIN 334/20, FORTHCOMING CHANGES TO MCO P.1400.32D, MARINE CORPS PROMOTION MANUAL, VOLUME 2 ENLISTED PROMOTIONS. REF C IS FY23 NON-SDA MERITORIOUS PROMOTION ALLOCATIONS. REF D IS MARADMIN 663/16, THE EXEMPTION TO ENLISTED PROFESSIONAL MILITARY EDUCATION POLICY FOR MARINES SERVING ON SPECIAL DUTY ASSIGNMENTS. REF E IS MARADMIN 342/22, SUPPLEMENTAL GUIDANCE FOR THE EXEMPTION TO ENLISTED PROFESSIONAL MILITARY EDUCATION POLICY FOR MARINES SERVING ON SPECIAL DUTY ASSIGNMENTS.//
POC/STEPHANIE J. MAXWELL/MAJ/CMC MMPR-2/-/TEL: DSN 278-9710/EMAIL: STEPHANIE.MAXWELL@USMC.MIL//
POC/CYRUS J. WILLIAMS/MSGT/CMC MMPR-2/-/TEL: DSN 278-9718/EMAIL: CYRUS.J.WILLIAMS1@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Purpose. To provide the FY23 meritorious promotion allocations for Non-Special Duty Assignments (SDA) to commanding generals and commanding officers. Commands identified as being a "subordinate command" are identified as such for administrative purposes only to establish Non-SDA meritorious promotion allocation distribution and has no effect on existing reporting or operational controls.
2. Commanders with specific allocations listed below will convene selection boards within their commands and nominate Marines for meritorious promotion by the Commandant of the Marine Corps (CMC). The recommendations of the selection boards for the meritorious promotion of Marines to gunnery sergeant and staff sergeant for Non-SDA must be endorsed by the commander and submitted via naval letter to CMC (MMPR-2). The message must be received no later than 1 March 2023. Upon review and approval of the nominations by the CMC Manpower Management Division (MM), unit diary entries will be entered by Headquarters Marine Corps (HQMC). Commanders will prepare certificates of appointment in accordance with reference (a). Allocations will not be carried over past 2 April 2023. Marines already selected for the next grade by a regular promotion board are still eligible for meritorious promotion to that grade.
3. In accordance with reference (b), Marines who are selected to the ranks of SSgt through SgtMaj/MGySgt to include meritorious promotions must have at least 24 months obligated service remaining on contract from the date of promotion.
4. Allocations are increased from previous years to allow opportunities for commanders to select for early advancement high performers who otherwise would not have a resonable opportunity to compete for meritorious promotion.
5. Per reference (c), the FY23 meritorious promotion allocations for Non-SDA are as follows:
CMD SSgt/GySgt Allocations
M(and)RA SNCO BOARD 2/1
6.a. Nominations must be submitted via naval correspondence to the SMB email@example.com to include the following:
Rank Name EDIPI MCC/Unit
6.b. These allocations are applicable to all Marines serving in the active component and active reserve component.
6.c. Marine Corps Recruiting Command/LogCom nominee packages should be delivered to the Manpower and Reserve Affairs Staff Non-commissioned Officer meritorious promotion board no later than 1 February 2023.
7. Meritorious promotions will have an effective date of rank of 2 April 2023.
8. For enlisted promotion matters call comm (703) 784-9717 or DSN 278-9718. Email inquiries may be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Click on Compatibility View Settings in the options menu, and ensure that display intranet sites is unchecked. This MARADMIN will be posted to the promotion branch website: www.manpower.usmc.mil, select "Active Marine", "MM", "Promotion Branch", then "Enlisted Promotions". From there click on "Message Traffic", then "SNCO Messages", then click on the Meritorious tab.
9. Release authorized by MajGen Michael J. Borgschulte, Director, Manpower Management Division.//