R 161300Z NOV 22
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MM//
SUBJ/DECEMBER 2022 REGULAR CORPORAL AND SERGEANT PROMOTION AUTHORITY//
REF/A/MSGID: MSG/CMC/DTG: 021108ZFEB16//
REF/B/MSGID: MSG/CMC/DTG: 301800ZOCT19//
REF/C/MSGID: DOC/MMPR-2/YMD: 20120614//
REF/D/MSGID: DOC/MMRP-33/YMD: 20201125//
REF/E/MSGID: MSG/CG TECOM/DTG: 132101ZSEP21//
NARR/REF A IS MARADMIN 055/16, CHANGE IN TIME IN GRADE AND SELECTION CRITERIA FOR PROMOTION TO CORPORAL AND CHANGE IN SELECTION CRITERIA FOR PROMOTION TO SERGEANT. REF B IS MARADMIN 612/19, ANNOUNCEMENT OF AUTHORITY FOR EARLY REENLISTMENT, DELEGATION OF REENLISTMENT APPROVAL AUTHORITY, AND CHANGES TO PROMOTION REQUIREMENTS POLICY. REF C IS MCO P1400.32D W/CH 2, ENLISTED PROMOTION MANUAL. REF D IS MCO 1616.1, JUNIOR ENLISTED PERFORMANCE EVALUATION SYSTEM (JEPES). REF E IS MARADMIN 474/21, UPDATED ENLISTED PME REQUIREMENTS BY GRADE.//
POC/STEPHANIE J. MAXWELL/MAJ/HEAD/MMPR-2/-/TEL: DSN 278-9718/EMAIL: STEPHANIE.MAXWELL@USMC.MIL//
POC/CYRUS J. WILLIAMS/MSGT/ADMIN CHIEF/MMPR-2/-/TEL: DSN 278-9718/EMAIL: CYRUS.J.WILLIAMS1@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. This MARADMIN is the promotion authority for all LCpls and Cpls of the regular Marine Corps (USMC). The Marine Corps Total Force System (MCTFS) may be used to view the active duty promotion parameters and the active duty cutting scores for the current promotion month and for previous promotion months. This may be done by typing "JEPA" from the MCTFS main menu and following the instructions at the bottom of the page. Note that the cutting scores for the current month are not available in the MCTFS until after the current month select grades have posted. The cutting scores for the current month should be printed from the "JEPA" screen and attached with this MARADMIN to be used for future reference. Cutting scores are also available on the Enlisted Promotions Section web page.
2. Reference (a), provides information and guidance on the changes to time in grade (TIG) for promotion to Cpl. This change started with the April 2016 promotion quarter. Reference (b), paragraph 4 provides information and guidance on the changes to time in service (TIS) for promotion to Sgt. This change started with the January 2020 promotion quarter.
3. Commanders are reminded that all Professional Military Education (PME) for LCpls and Cpls must be entered in the MCTFS in a timely manner. Timely posting of PME will prevent delays in the promotion of your Marines. For Marines whose PME completion has posted late, commands must conduct research and submit a remedial promotion request to MMPR-2, if applicable.
3.a. LCpls and Cpls who meet the cutting score, but are not PME complete and have not been ran as "NOT REC" will not be selected due to their PME flag in the MCTFS being "N".
3.b. The purpose of the PME flag is to prevent erroneous select grades. It is to be used as a tool for the commands and is not intended to replace the "not rec" requirement.
4. References (c) and (d) set forth guidance and instructions for effecting the monthly promotions of LCpls and Cpls of the regular Marine Corps who meet the following criteria:
4.a. SEL CPL ED: 20221201
4.b. SEL SGT ED: 20221201
4.c. DATE OF RANK: 20221201
4.d. EFFECTIVE DATE: 20221201
5. Commanders will ensure the following criteria are met:
5.a. Receipt of this MARADMIN as the official promotion authority.
5.b. Receipt of 1 December 2022 select grade generated on the unit diary feedback report.
5.c. Prior to being promoted, all Marines must be PME complete IAW reference (e).
6. With advent of JEPES it is critical to provide clarification between the actual JEPES score computed in the MCTFS and the JEPES scores that are viewed in Marine on Line (MOL) on the JEPES Marine Reported On (MRO) Dashboard.
6.a. Per Appendix A of reference (d), the MRO Dashboard is the portal through which Marines can view their current objective scores (MCMAP, rifle, CFT, PFT, PME, self-education and bonus points), along with their command input marks (subjective evaluation). Marines can view how they compare to their peers within their grade and MOS or just within their grade. The information and dates displayed on the dashboard are updated as of the latest MCTFS cycle.
6.b. The Marine's actual JEPES score used for promotion will be computed in the MCTFS using the total of their objective scores and their command input marks (subjective evaluation) as of the command cutoff date (MCTFS cutoff) for each promotion month. For example, the command cutoff for promotion 1 December 2022 is 31 October 2022.
6.c. Marines may have a higher or lower score reflecting on the MRO Dashboard than what is actually computed in the MCTFS for a given promotion month because the MCTFS score will only calculate data elements that are prior to the command cutoff. Late reporting of any data element to include command input marks will cause the MCTFS to automatically recompute the JEPES score.
7. Remedial promotion requests should be submitted for Marines who are recommended for promotion by their commanding officer and have a recomputed score that is equal to or above the cutoff score (cutting score) for their MOS. All remedial promotion requests must contain a letter signed by the commanding officer or by direction and should explain the reason for the remedial request and include any supporting documentation. The request should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. For Marine enlisted promotion matters call commercial (703) 784-9717 or DSN 278-9717. Email inquiries may be submitted to email@example.com. This MARADMIN will be posted to the Promotion Branch website: www.manpower.usmc.mil, select "Active Marine", "Promotion Branch (MMPR)", then "Enlisted Promotions." From there, to find this MARADMIN: click on "Message Traffic," then "Noncommissioned Officer (NCO)."
9. Release authorized by MajGen Michael J. Borgschulte, Director, Manpower Management Division.//