R 182000Z NOV 22
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MM//
SUBJ/FY23 FUNDED LAW EDUCATION PROGRAM (FLEP) AND EXCESS LEAVE PROGRAM (ELP) BOARD RESULTS//
REF/A/MSGID: DOC/SECNAVINST/YMD: 20190122//
REF/B/MSGID: DOC/MM/YMD: 20190530//
REF/C/MSGID: DOC/MPP-56/YMD: 20210510//
NARR/REF A IS SECNAVINST 1520.7G, LAW EDUCATION PROGRAM. REF B IS MCO 1524.1, MARINE CORPS GRADUATE EDUCATION PROGRAM. REF C IS MCO 1300.8 CH 1, MARINE CORPS PERSONNEL ASSIGNMENT//
POC/J. B. WOODRUFF/MAJ/HQMC CDSP/TEL: 703-955-1424/DSN: 223-9059/ EMAIL: JOHN.WOODRUFF@USMC.MIL //
POC/D. P FOLEY/MAJ/MMOA-3/USMC/TEL: 703-784-9285/DSN: 278-9285/ EMAIL: SMBMMOAGRADEDU@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Purpose. The Fiscal Year 2023 (FY23) Funded Law Education Program (FLEP) and Excess Leave Program (ELP) convened on 8 November 2022 to selected officers to participate in Law Education Programs (LEP).
1.a. Major milestone timeline (read in two columns):
NLT Date Milestone
15 December 2022 Law Education Program acceptance
15 April 2023 Law School admission acceptance deadline
2. Board Results.
2.a. The board selected the following officers as primary selects for FLEP (read in three columns).
Name PMOS Program
Bernal, Madison L. 0402 FLEP
Ebert, Kurt S. 5803 FLEP
Ligon III, Dezzie B. 0102 FLEP
2.b. The board selected the following officers as alternates selects for FLEP (read in three columns).
Names PMOS Program
Frohnen, Alexander C. 0602 FLEP
Reed, Derek M. 0102 FLEP
3. The board selected the following officers as primary selects for ELP (read in three columns).
Frohnen, Alexander C. 0602 ELP
Holmquist, Hokan H. 7204 ELP
Kendrick, Kenneth W. 1803 ELP
Reed, Derek M. 0102 ELP
4. No alternates were selected for ELP.
5. Selected officers must contact the Graduate Education Manager, MMOA-3 and their PMOS Monitor to confirm acceptance of this assignment via email NLT 15 December 2022. Officers declining acceptance must route their request through the first General Officer in their Chain of Command.
6. Officers must agree not to tender resignation or request retirement while enrolled in their respective programs. Officers must further agree to remain on active duty after completion of degree requirements or upon separation from the program for any other reason. Service obligations incurred (read in three columns) are listed below:
Program Year(s) Remarks
FLEP 2 For each year of study
ELP 1 For each year of study
7. Selections are contingent upon acceptance to an accredited law school NLT 15 April 2023. All law school acceptance letters need to be scanned and emailed to the Graduate Education Manager, MMOA-3 at SMBMMOAGRADEDU@usmc.mil. Final law school selection will be made by HQMC and Judge Advocate Division (JAD). Report dates and orders will be coordinated with the graduate education manager, MMOA-3 after 15 April 2023.
8. Upon reporting to an assigned administrative unit, officers will coordinate fitness report and accountability procedures. Officers will maintain a full-time student status while participating in LEP. If a student anticipates not meeting program requirements, notify MMOA-3 Graduate Education Manager immediately.
9. Officers selected or participating in ELP may continue to apply for FLEP in subsequent years given they meet the requirements of the FLEP.
10. Release authorized by MajGen Michael J. Borgschulte, Director, Manpower Management Division.//