R 211845Z NOV 22
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC OLA (UC)//
SUBJ/CALENDAR YEAR (CY) 2024 CONGRESSIONAL FELLOWSHIP SELECTION BOARD RESULTS FOR ACTIVE COMPONENT (AC) STAFF NONCOMMISSIONED OFFICERS//
REF/A/DOC/MSG/6 NOV 18//
REF/B/DOC/LTR 1-22/25 OCT 22//
NARR/REF A IS MARADMIN 245/22 CY24 CONGRESSIONAL FELLOWSHIP FOR ACTIVE COMPONENT (AC) STAFF NONCOMMISSIONED OFFICERS. REF B IS HQMC OLA POLICY LETTER ON 8018 AMOS REQUIREMENTS//
POC/D. J. BEERS/GYSGT/OLA/-/TEL: COMM 703-614-1736//
POC/R. L. SANTOS/GYSGT/OLA/-/TEL: COMM 703-692-0199//
POC/T. F. WRIGHT/GYSGT/MMEA-25/-/TEL: COMM 703-432-9473//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Purpose. Announcement of Staff Non-Commissioned Officers (SNCO) selected for the CY24 Congressional Fellowship Program (CFP). A board comprised of senior leaders met for three weeks to screen and interview qualified Marines for assignment. The SNCOs designated as selectees were selected on a highly competitive board amongst their eligible peers. Competition was particularly keen and all applicants are commended for their superior career achievements.
2. The CY24 Congressional Fellowship Program SNCO selectees are as follows:
Rank LName Int MOS MCC
MSgt Ruidaz C. H. 0861 1F7
GySgt Cobb B. C. 0679 233
GySgt Law J. L. 0411 1K4
GySgt Taylor M. D. 0111 MC8
SSgt Decker S. C. 6256 1TL
3. The CY24 Congressional Fellowship Program SNCO alternate as follows:
Rank LName Int MOS MCC
GySgt Fairchild A. F. 0861 QAQ
4. PCS/PCA orders to the Congressional Fellowship Program (MCC K20) will be coordinated via separate correspondence by Enlistment Assignments Branch (MMEA). Selectees are directed to report no earlier than 1 June 2023 and no later than (NLT) 30 June 2023 to the CY24 Congressional Fellowship Program (MCC K20), Marine Corps Office of Legislative Affairs, Pentagon, Washington, D.C. for duty in billet MOS/description 8018/Congressional Fellow.
5. After a successful 12 month tour as a Congressional fellow member will be assigned a billet description of Congressional Marine Liaison in accordance with reference B.
6. Marines must gain additional obligated service in order to report with a minimum of 54 months beginning 1 July 2023. The Congressional Fellowship Program is a 42 month tour that includes an additional 12 month service obligation. Requests for voluntary separation while on the program will not receive favorable consideration.
7. Marines are directed to initiate the appropriate Single Scope Background Investigation or Tier 5 investigation with their local security manager. The investigation must be released to the investigative service provider no later than 30 days prior to execution of orders.
8. If the Marine declines the assignment or is found unqualified, submit the notification via AMHS NLT 10 working days after release of this message.
9. Marines are encouraged to access the most current information on family member TRICARE and transfer enrollment to the new region via the online website at www.tricare.mil/enrollment.
10. Release authorized by Major General R. L. Shea, Legislative Assistant to the Commandant of the Marine Corps.//