R 231830Z NOV 22
MSGID/GENADMIN/CG MCWL QUANTICO VA//
SUBJ/UPDATE TO MCWL INFORMATION SHARING WITH THE FLEET MARINE FORCE//
REF/A/DOC/CMC/FORCE DESIGN 2030 DTD MARCH 20//
REF/B/DOC/MCWL/CAMPAIGN PLAN 2022//
REF/C/DOC/MCWL/NEXT FILE VOLUME 1 ISSUE 1 FD2030 UPDATE INFANTRY BATTALION EXPERIMENT//
NARR/REF A IS FD2030. REF B IS IBX REPORT. REF C IS MCWL CAMPAIGN PLAN//
POC/MCWL COMMSTRAT SECTION/MCWL_PAO@USMC.MIL/TEL: (571) 489-1384//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. The Marine Corps Warfighting Laboratory is re designing its methods and mediums for sharing information in order to provide timely and relevant information to the Fleet Marine Force. The aim is disseminate lessons learned from MCWL activities to the widest audience possible and to solicit feedback from the fleet.
2. The primary portal for MCWL information sharing will be located on the secret internet protocol network at https:(slash)(slash)intelshare.intelink.sgov.gov/sites/cdi/sitepages/MCWL.aspx
2.a. This web portal will be consistently updated based on the needs of the fleet. Website functionality will be improved overtime to ensure ease of use and access.
3. One of the methods MCWL will use for information sharing will be the publishing of next-files. Historically, MCWL released X-files to provide experimental tactics, techniques, and procedures for executing specific tasks or use of equipment. future publications, now designated next-files, will include similar subjects and serve as a method to inform the service of recently completed or ongoing force design experimentation.
3.a. The first next-file is the phase I report on the Infantry Battalion Experiment 2030 (IBX-30), titled “FD2030 update: Infantry Battalion Experiment.” It describes the background of IBX-30, the findings from experimentation, and MCWL’s recommendations that were briefed to the ground board.
3.b. Next-files will be published at varying classification levels depending on the content. However, information aggregation of MCWL publications necessitates that the majority be published on the secret internet protocol network even if the individual file is unclassified.
3.c. Future next-files will describe efforts in Project Convergence 22, wargaming and subsequent stand in force / Marine Littoral Regiment experimentation. Regardless of classification there will be an unclassified announcement for all next-files.
3.d. X-files published prior to 2022 can be found on the Marine Corps center for lessons learned portal at https:(slash)(slash)usmc.sharepoint-mil.us/sites/tecom_mccll/x-files.aspx
4. Feedback from the fleet Marine force is critical to the success of force design and MCWL led experimentation. The MCWL hosted monthly G-9 secure video teleconference and quarterly future force assessment conference are ideal venues for next-file feedback, questions, and discussion of force design activities. Fleet participation and topic nomination for the monthly G-9 teleconference are critical to the continued success of force design. Emergent issues can be identified to the points of contact listed below.
5. Coordinating instructions
5.a. Questions regarding the MCWL information sharing plan, G-9 sync, or future force assessment conference can be directed to Mr. Doug King at email@example.com and Major Ryan Hamilton at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Release authorized by Brigadier General Kyle Ellison, Commanding General, Marine Corps Warfighting Lab.//