R 281200Z NOV 22
MSGID/GENADMIN,USMTF,2022/CG MCRC QUANTICO VA//
SUBJ/CALENDAR YEAR 2022 (CY22) MARINE CORPS RECRUITING COMMAND ENLISTED TO OFFICER SELECTION BOARD TWO RESULTS//
REF/A/MSGID: DOC/MCO 1040.43B MCRC OE/YMD: 20151029//
REF/B/MSGID: DOC/MCRCO 1100.2A G-3/YMD: 20160111//
REF/C/MSGID: DOC/MCO 6100.13A CH 4/YMD: 20220323//
REF/D/MSGID: MSG/MARADMIN 731/21/YMD: 20211222//
REF/E/MSGID: DOC/C475-3/YMD: 20220203//
REF/F/MSGID: DOC/BUMED/YMD: 20050812//
REF/G/MSGID: DOC/FROST CALL 020-22/YMD: 20220222//
REF/H/MSGID: DOC/CSA/YMD: NOT DATED//
REF/I/MSGID: DOC/MCO 1040.31 MMEA-6/YMD: 20100908//
REF/J/MSGID: MSG/MARADMIN 371/21/YMD: 20210715//
REF/K/MSGID: DOC/MCO 1524.1 MMOA-3/YMD: 20190530//
REF/L/MSGID: MSG/MARADMIN 369/21/YMD: 20210714//
NARR/REF (A) IS MCO 1040.43B ENLISTED TO OFFICER COMMISSIONING PROGRAMS. REF (B) IS MCRCO 1100.2A MARINE CORPS RECRUITING COMMAND OFFICER COMMISSIONING MANUAL (SHORT TITLE: MCRC OCM). REF (C) IS MCO 6100.13A CH 4, MARINE CORPS PHYSICAL FITNESS AND COMBAT FITNESS TESTS (PFT/CFT). REF (D) IS MARADMIN 731/21 ANNOUNCEMENT OF THE CALENDAR YEAR 2022 MECEP, ECP, RECP, AND MCP-R SELECTION BOARDS. REF (E) IS THE OFFICER CANDIDATES SCHOOL (OCS) MASTER PROJECTION PLAN (MPP) FISCAL YEAR 2023 (FY23). REF (F) IS THE DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY MANUAL OF MEDICAL DEPARTMENT (MANMED), CHAPTER 15. REF (G) IS FROST CALL 020-22 UPDATED COVID-19 GUIDANCE SPECIFIC TO OFFICER ACCESSIONS AND OFFICER CANDIDATE SHIPPING. REF (H) IS THE FALL 2022 OFFICER CANDIDATES CLASS 241; CANDIDATE PRE-SHIP PREPARATION AND REQUIREMENTS. REF (I) IS MCO 1040.31 ENLISTED RETENTION AND CAREER DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM. REF (J) IS MARADMIN 371/21 FORTHCOMING CHANGES TO MCO 1040.31, ENLISTED RETENTION AND CAREER DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM. REF (K) IS MCO 1524.1 THE MARINE CORPS GRADUATE EDUCATION PROGRAM (MCGEP). REF (L) IS MARADMIN 369/21 CLARIFICATION ON THE REQUIREMENT FOR OFFICIAL PHOTOS//
POC/MS. TROI SPENCER/CIV/UNIT: MCRC ON/E/-/TEL: (703) 784-9443//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Marines and Commands are responsible for reading the content of this MARADMIN in its entirety. The Commanding General Marine Corps Recruiting Command (CG, MCRC), by direction of the Commandant of the Marine Corps, has approved the subject named results. Per references (a) through (e), all selected Marines will be scheduled to a 10-week Officer Candidates Course (OCC), scheduled by MCRC once determined medically qualified by the Bureau of Medicine and Surgery (BUMED) and/or the Naval Aerospace Medical Institute (NAMI) and based on class allocations as well as the needs of the Marine Corps.
Baca, Jonathan A. 3451
Banks, Corey K. 0111
Barrientos, Tomas J. 0111
Bell, Gregory T. 0372
Bennett, Jordan J. 0231
Bongiovani, Andrew J. 0341
Brady, Christopher P. 0111
Brown, Callahan 0211
Bruney, Lennon D. 1371
Burbano Espinel, Julian E. 0621
Carpentiere, Alexander J. 0341
Cruz Cuadrado, Alexis R. 1371
Enfinger, Chase A. 7011
Escamilla Jr., Michael 0671
Gammons, Brandon R. 5811
Garrison, Joel M. 0481
Gillette, Luke P. 6048
Gordon, Jarrett R. 2847
Greene, Iain P. 3043
Hagan, James D. 5811
Hance, Evelyn D. 0639
Hidalgo II, Jose M. 3043
Hodges, Benjamin T. 0111
Idol, Anthony M. 6541
Julius, Austin J. 2147
Kentolall, Brandon P. 6288
La Voie, Aaron M. 4133
Lam, Hung Y. 0811
Lee, Justin J. 2841
Leikwold, Andrew D. 0311
Lemke, Michael A. 0372
Lewis, Abigayle M. 2841
Martinez, Bernal J. 0521
Martinez, Sandry 3531
Mcdonald, Tate M. 1371
Morris, Alfred B. 6227
Mosko, Nicholas A. 0352
Prophete, Ralph A. 0811
Purser III, Jack H. 1391
Ramos, Jonathan C. 3043
Rosario, Anthony S. 6316
Rozaieski, Samantha S. 2311
Schaefer, Dylan L. 3451
Sinclair, Wade A. 6114
Stout, Brandyn S. 0331
Tacurivera, Jorge S. 6252
Tanimura, Alisher A. 6492
Thomas, Ramsey J. 0311
Thompson, David A. 6541
Timberlake, Hope M. 0161
Tremblay, Nikolas 2111
Truzy III, Henry K. 0369
Twilley, Christopher M. 0369
Tyler, Dylan W. 1371
Van Dam, Tyker M. 5524
Wallace, Jeremiah E. 0521
Wik, Jeffrey D. 1371
Yao, Shih-Zan I. 2841
Selects with missing documents
Andrews, Joshua S. 0211
Anthony Jr., Isaac E. 0111
Baker, William D. 6672
Bell, Cortney D. 3043
Bourgeois, James M. 4571
Bourgeois II, Kenneth W. 2336
Brown, Dylan T. 0311
Burney, Adam T. 1345
Clark, Marcelo O. 3531
Cruz, Jose A. 6156
Doghri, Salahuddin B. 6423
Filler, Jeremy A. 2641
Fitzsimmons, Collin H. 2631
Frazier, Jeffrey D. 0311
Gauvin-Laduke, Richard S. 0231
Gilmer, Daniel J. 6116
Hernandez, Eduardo A. 6048
Herrarte, Khristopher M. 0111
Hillyer, Andrew J. 0311
Jimenez, Hantzo M. 5811
Joyce, Sean A. 6672
Lamarr, Isaiah R. 0231
Larson, Ryne C. 0372
Lazaro, Jordon C. 0241
Le, Sinh D. 6286
Lopez, David A. 0679
Magarino, Osniel E. 0372
Mcdermott, Patrick A. 6258
Mcmanus, Samuel L. 2629
Myers, Wade A. 2651
Parker, Dean W. 0231
Pech, Narobert 2847
Pedroza, Laura C. 0111
Poulin, Ashley E. 3043
Rodman, Benjamin N. 0352
Rundell, Lacy E. 0481
Santiago Jr., Vincent R. 0369
Shafer, Scott D. 2141
Shirk, Stephen D. 3451
Siebring, Philip M. 6531
Swan Jr., David P. 0111
Tooman, Jordan R. 0241
Webb, Charles K. 1341
Worley, Nathan A. 0311
2. Selectees with missing documents have 15 business days from the date of this MARADMIN to turn in any missing documents to the POC in paragraph 16. Please contact MCRC for missing items. It is suggested to use DoDSAFE in order to turn in missing documents. DoD SAFE can accept larger files and provides pickup information as long as the sender checks the box “Send me an email when each recipient picks up the files”. Failure to provide the missing documents in the allotted timeframe will result in disenrollment from the selected program and reapplication to a future board will be required.
3. Non-selects. Marines who were not selected refer to reference (a) chapter one. For more information and career counseling, call DSN 278-9241 or commercial (703) 784-9241 or 1-(800)-833-2320 or visit their website at www.manpower.usmc.mil. Select 'top requests' then 'Enlisted Career Counselors'. Reasons for non-selection cannot be provided by MCRC or the career counselors; however, career counselors can evaluate Marines' Official Military Personnel Files (OMPF) to help gain insight on improving their competitiveness for future boards. Marines and/or Commands who would like to receive a copy of the board statistics must send a request via email to the MCRC point of contact (POC) in paragraph 16. Recommend all qualified Marines reapply for future boards if not selected. Dated endorsements and interview board reports must be completed for each board and all forms must be dated within one year of board convening date.
4. Parent Commands of selected Marines must ensure the following:
a. The selectees are assigned a Company Grade Officer as a mentor within one week of release of this MARADMIN. The mentors will ensure they are aware of and prepared for the expectations at OCS, The Basic School (TBS), and life as a Company Grade Officer. Assistance and additional information can be found at website www.trngcmd.marines.mil. Select "Units", then "OCS" or "TBS".
b. The Marines notify their primary military occupational specialty monitors of their selections and provide the MARADMIN number which references their names as selectees. Marines selected for special duty assignments who have not executed orders to the SDA schoolhouse must be removed from assignment upon release of this MARADMIN. Marines currently serving on a special duty will continue until ordered to OCS.
c. All of the Marine's page 11 entries have been included in the Marine's OMPF.
d. The Marines have an adjudicated security clearance or are under the Continuous Evaluation Program (CEP) prior to attending OCS. Marines who do not have an adjudicated clearance and are not enrolled in the CEP cannot report to OCS as directed per chapter one of reference (a). An updated security clearance letter must be forwarded once the clearance is adjudicated or enrolled in CEP.
e. The Marine's current Enlisted Active Service date exceeds the OCC 243 graduation date, on or about May 27, 2023.
f. Ensure Marines listed in paragraph 1 under “Selects with missing documents” turn in requested documentation by the associated deadline.
5. POC information. Marines are directed to send the E-O Board Select POC sheet electronically to both the MCRC POC listed in paragraph 16 and the OCS POC listed in paragraph 17, within one week from release of this MARADMIN. The POC sheet can be found on the MCRC website referenced in paragraph 3f. Select "Marine Officer", then " Naval and Enlisted Programs ". The E-O board select POC sheet revised Nov 20 is located under "General Forms". Marines must submit the Microsoft Word version of POC format without signatures. An update must be provided if there are any changes to the original POC sheet to include personnel changes. Marines are directed to provide all information listed on the POC sheet.
6. Selected Active Reserve (AR) Marines. Must be non-competitively augmented to the active component at the time of selection. To accomplish this, the AR select must initiate a Prior Service Enlisted Package to Manpower Enlisted Assignments (MMEA-1) via their Career Planners to coordinate the augmentation per reference (d). Once augmented, Marines are directed to provide an updated Basic Individual Record reflecting the component change to the MCRC POC.
7. Removal and Declinations. Formal requests must be forwarded in standard naval correspondence format with justification, via the administrative endorsing chain of command through the General Officer level, to CG, MCRC. The initial request must be forwarded with first endorsement as a courtesy to MCRC POC pending receipt of all endorsements.
8. Medical. Marines must be determined medically qualified by BUMED for ground physicals or NAMI for aviation physicals per reference (f), before MCRC will schedule them to attend an OCC. Both BUMED and NAMI require a minimum of 30 days to process medical documents effective upon the release of this MARADMIN, to make a determination. Marines who require additional medical documents will be contacted by the MCRC POC. Each additional submission of medical information forwarded by the Marine, will restart the 30 day process for medical determinations at BUMED and NAMI. Commands and Marines are not authorized to contact or forward any medical documents directly to BUMED or MCRC Medical Reviewers. All updated documentation must be forwarded to the MCRC POC for tracking purposes. Deferred Marines will be scheduled by MCRC to an OCC once a medical determination has been made by either BUMED or NAMI. Marines who sustain an injury prior to reporting to OCS must immediately contact the MCRC POC and provide supporting medical documents to include light duty chit. Questions only pertaining to the requirements for additional medical documents as requested by BUMED or NAMI should be directed to the MCRC medical reviewers at (703) 784-9426 or firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. Questions pertaining to status of BUMED or NAMI medical determinations must be directed to MCRC POC.
9. Pre-OCS information. OCS class dates are tentative and subject to change. Marines may not be scheduled to an OCC immediately following a selection board. MCRC will determine which OCC a Marine will be scheduled to attend once medically qualified and utilizing allocations and the accession needs of the Marine Corps. OCC report and graduation dates may be viewed on the OCS website listed in paragraph 3a and reference (e). Marines who are not contacted 30 days prior to a scheduled OCC will be automatically deferred by MCRC to a future OCC. Marines who do not attend the first two assigned OCC classes after selection will automatically be disenrolled from the program. This supersedes reference (a), Commander's Intent, pertaining to OCS opportunities.
a. Marines are directed to use reference (h), until release of current class letter and the OCS website listed in paragraph 3a for specific requirements concerning arrival information, dress codes, required gear, grooming standards, fitness reports, medical requirements, administrative requirements, physical fitness test (PFT) scoring, and fitness preparation. Marines notified of OCC attendance will be provided the current OCS Preship Preparation Letter, checklist, and other OCS pertinent information, as these letters and forms change for each class. All scheduled Marines will hand carry their medical records. This supersedes the requirements in reference (h) of mailing the record.
c. Reference (g) provides guidance pertaining to COVID-19, however it is subject to change. Changes will be provided in the OCC notification emails to scheduled Marines.
d. Please refer to references (e) and the OCS website for a list of the 2023 OCC class dates. Class dates will be posted to the MCRC website once they are finalized. Once notified of scheduled OCC by MCRC, Marines are directed to submit 30 days prior to report date, the current version of the pre-ship checklist dated 16 November 2022 provided by MCRC in email notification. Officers in Charge and Marines are responsible to ensure all information on pre-ship checklists are completely filled out, to include PFT, height, weight, max weight, body fat percentages, and signatures. Commands will ensure all Marines are within Marine Corps standards and have a 220 or higher PFT prior to issuing Defense Travel System orders or shipping to OCS. Marines who are not in receipt of OCS orders when completing the checklist will mark "No" for question 23 and annotate, "awaiting funding letter".
e. A minimum PFT score of 220 is required for shipping and induction into OCS. Pre-ship PFTs must be taken no earlier than 60 days and no later than 30 days of scheduled OCC report date. Ensure information is annotated in the PFT portion of the checklist. Below are the additional PFT event requirements for males and females.
(1) Pull ups minimum is 8 reps
(2) Push ups minimum is 62 reps
(3) Crunches minimum is 70 reps
(4) Planks minimum is 1 min 3 secs
(5) 3 miles run maximum is 24 mins
(1) Pull ups minimum is by age as listed below:
(a) 17-20 - 1
(b) 21-25 - 3
(c) 26-30 - 4
(d) 31-35 - 3
(2) Push ups minimum is 34 reps
(3) Crunches minimum is 70 reps
(4) Planks minimum is 1 min 3 secs
(5) 3 miles run maximum is 27 mins Commands must ensure Marines' PFT information is within the above requirements prior to submission of checklist. Marines who do not meet the above requirements are not eligible to report to scheduled OCC, and this will count as one attempt. If this is the second attempt to attend OCS the Marine will be disenrolled from their respective programs. DO NOT send checklists to the OCS POC in paragraph 17.
f. All "yes" answers to questions 4 through 7 on the checklist that have not been previously disclosed or waived by MCRC prior to selection must include the signed applicable forms and signed detailed handwritten statements explaining events, to include supporting documents per reference (d).
10. Funding. MECEP and ECP Marines, notified of attendance to an OCC by MCRC POC, will be provided a funding letter along with additional guidance. Scheduled Marines must forward funding letter to their parent commands for issuance of Temporary Additional Duty orders to attend OCS. Questions concerning funding should be directed to the email located in the funding letter or the Marine's DTS administrators, not MCRC. AR Marines must submit an updated copy of their basic individual record to verify their component changes before a funding letter can be provided to them. RECP and MCP-R Marines notified of attendance to an OCC must contact Reserve Affairs (RAM) at commercial (703) 784-9136 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com for orders-writing instructions. Within one week of receiving funding letters, all scheduled Marines are directed to forward their intended mode of transportation to OCS on the report date by responding electronically with choice a, b, or c to the MCRC POC, regardless of the status of their orders:
a. "privately owned vehicle" (POV) or
b. "drop off (annotate OCS or airport)", or
c. "Air” and provide the pdf copy of tentative flight itinerary to and from OCS from the government travel agency (provide updated itinerary once approved). Once orders are Training and Education Command (TECOM) approved, scheduled Marines are required to provide to the MCRC POC five days prior to the report date one of the following:
d. Marines on non-local funded travel (over 50 miles) must provide a copy of approved DTS or DD Form 1610 orders with the TECOM line of accounting in accounting classification or
e. Marines on local non-funded travel (50 miles or less) must provide command endorsed orders.
f. All information identified in above sub-paragraphs a through d must be received by MCRC POC within established deadlines prior to reporting to OCS. Failure to provide the above information can result in removal from the scheduled OCS class and possible disenrollment from respective programs.
11. Additional information.
a. Marines are considered officer candidates while attending OCS, and are entitled to pay and allowances commensurate with the enlisted grade shown on the original orders to OCS, but not less than that prescribed for a sergeant. Upon completion of training at OCS, the original pay and allowances for corporals and below will be restored.
b. Officer candidates who are dropped or otherwise do not successfully graduate OCS will return to their parent commands or directed duty stations. All drops are conditionally retained in their respective programs unless it is their second unsuccessful attempt or not recommended to return to OCS. MCRC POC will provide official notification of retained Marines with next course of action upon receipt of official drop package from OCS. Do not contact MCRC until after receipt of official correspondence. If dropped due to medical, contact your PCM to be evaluated for the medical drop reason provided to you by OCS and begin documenting the medical process. Official correspondence will provide guidance that is required for resubmission to MCRC to forward to BUMED or to be rescheduled for an OCC. A complete physical is not required. Only medical documentation pertaining to the injury or medical condition, from onset to full duty, need to be provided.
c. Officer candidates are required to participate in training for a minimum period of four weeks, before any voluntary request for disenrollment will be considered. The Commanding Officer (CO), OCS, is authorized to effect involuntary disenrollment for cause during any phase of the training. The CO, OCS, can recommend an OCS class outside the authorized 10-week class for E-O applicants who are dropped from OCS however, CG MCRC, is the final adjudicating official.
12. Prior to departing OCS, officer candidates must ensure that they obtain their medical records and record books (if applicable).
13. Post OCS graduation. After graduation from OCS, Marines will report back to their parent commands or directed duty stations. All claims for travel reimbursements must be completed within five working days upon return to parent commands or directed duty stations. ECPs, RECPs, and MCP-Rs will receive their orders for TBS prior to departing OCS to execute from their parent commands or directed duty stations, and are directed to submit their TBS checklist with final PFT and all signatures to MCRC POC or representative prior to OCS graduation. Upon verification of graduation from OCS and receipt of a NROTC-affiliated school acceptance letter with directed semester or quarter start outlined in reference (d), the MCRC POC will request via Manpower Enlisted Assignments (MMEA) Permanent Change of Station (PCS) or Permanent Change of Assignment (PCA) orders for MECEPs. Marines who receive acceptance letters close to the end of the fiscal year, in the event of a government shutdown, or incorrect status codes may experience a delay in orders due to funding restrictions or code corrections. Upon submission of a school acceptance letter, MECEPs will receive PCS or PCA orders to the NROTC-affiliated schools as directed. Orders will not be requested if the timeframe from receipt of acceptance letter to MCRC and the NROTC-affiliated school no later than date provided at OCS by MCRC POC is not a least 60 days, or if the acceptance letter is not signed by the admission office. Some web versions of acceptance letters are acceptable. Formal requests to attend school outside of directed semester starts per reference (d) are not authorized except for PCA moves or extenuating medical circumstances. Supporting medical documentation must be submitted for review and approval by MCRC. MECEPs are not authorized to initiate any PCS or PCA moves prior to being issued orders. MECEPs refer to references (a), (i), and (j) for obligated service and pertinent information and ensure the Special Officer Program RELM type is used. Questions pertaining to re-enlistments/extensions per references (i ) and (j) should be directed to MMEA-1 at DSN 378-9235 or (703) 784-9235. Enlistment/Reenlistment must be approved prior to executing PCS/PCA orders. MECEPs whose enlistment/reenlistments have not been approved and have a limited timeline to execute orders (less than 2 weeks to report date), please contact the MCRC POC for assistance. MECEPs are directed to contact the Marine Officer Instructor or Assistant Marine Officer Instructor at their prospective NROTC-affiliated schools listed at website www.netc.navy.mil/NROTC for introductions and other pertinent information. MECEPs are not authorized to attend any school not listed under NROTC schools or that annotate Registered Nurse (RN) option only or Navy option only on the above website. MECEPs are not authorized to attend graduate schools. MECEPs are not authorized PCS moves from their original college or universities without prior approval from MCRC. Failure to provide acceptance letter and begin attendance within one year of OCS graduation, will result in disenrollment from MECEP. MECEP Marines who successfully graduate OCS must provide the documents listed on the MECEP Inbound Checklist to their assigned NROTC school upon reporting. The MECEP Inbound Checklist can be found on the MCRC in paragraph 3f. Select "Marine Officer", then "Naval and Enlisted Programs". The MECEP Inbound Checklist is located under "General Forms".
14. Post TBS information. The Commandant's Education Board, which selects Marine Officers to attend graduate schools between the grades of first lieutenant and major, requires Marines to have qualifying calculus and science classes for selection to certain Postgraduate School, Air Force Institute of Technology, and Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) programs (e.g., Naval Fellowships). For this reason, MECEP students are highly encouraged to pursue degrees within Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) curriculums in order to qualify for these graduate education and fellowship opportunities. Marines who pursue non-STEM degrees are likewise encouraged to take calculus I and II and calculus-based science classes to qualify for selection to these programs in the future. Refer to reference (k) for more information.
15. Selection boards are held twice a calendar year. Marines and Commands are required to follow the guidance of the board announcement MARADAMIN once released. Complete applications and medical must be submitted prior to the established deadlines. Requests to submit incomplete applications and medical before the deadlines will not be entertained. Deadline extension requests in order to complete the application will be disapproved. This includes extension requests for but is not limited to the following items; letters, required application documents, and any medical documents. Deployment is not a reasonable justification for any type of extension. Marines must meet program and medical requirements in accordance with the board announcement MARADMIN at the time of application submission. Marines who do not meet the requirements are ineligible and must apply to a future board once the requirements are met. Exception to policy waivers of eligibility requirements will not be considered unless otherwise annotated in policy. Marines are required to use the E-O application on the MCRC website. Previous versions of applications will not be accepted. In accordance with reference (l), no promotion style photographs will be submitted and the selection board will not view any documentation that reflects a photo within the application.
16. The MCRC POC for this MARADMIN is Ms. Troi Spencer. Please refer to POC information at the beginning of this MARADMIN. For email correspondence email organizational mailbox firstname.lastname@example.org.
17. The OCS POC is Student Activities Section at OCS_CSA@usmc.mil.
18. This MARADMIN is applicable to the Marine Corps Total Force.
19. This MARADMIN is cancelled upon the release of the next result MARADMIN.
20. Release authorized by Major General William J. Bowers, Commanding General, Marine Corps Recruiting Command.//