R 022000Z DEC 22
MSGID/GENADMIN/CG EDCOM PRES MCU QUANTICO VA//
SUBJ/ACADEMIC YEAR 2023-2024 ADVANCED INTERMEDIATE LEVEL SCHOOL STUDENT SELECTION RESULTS//
REF/A/MSGID: DOC/MARADMIN 308/22//
REF/B/MSGID: DOC/MCO 1300.8//
NARR/REF A IS MARADMIN 308/22 ACADEMIC YEAR 2023-2024 ADVANCED INTERMEDIATE LEVEL SCHOOL APPLICATION MESSAGE. REF B IS MCO 1300.8 MARINE CORPS PERSONNEL ASSIGNMENT POLICY.//
POC/H.E. RUPPERT/LTCOL/SAW DEPUTY DIRECTOR /TEL: DSN 278-6890/TEL: (703) 784-6890/EMAIL: HEATH.RUPPERT@USMCU.EDU//
POC/MELISSA CALLOWAY/SAW PROGRAM MANAGER/TEL: DSN 678-6800/TEL: (703) 784-6800/E-MAIL: MELISSA.CALLOWAY@USMCU.EDU//
POC/CAPTAIN MATTHEW WARD/MCU REGISTRAR/TEL: DSN 378-5503/TEL: (703) 432-5503/E-MAIL: MCU_REGISTRAR@USMCU.EDU//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. In accordance with reference (a), a School of Advanced Warfighting (SAW) panel convened in November 2022 and selected 26 officers to attend SAW during Academic Year (AY) 2024. More than 100 officers applied from the United States (US) Marine Corps, US Air Force, US Space Force, US Army, US Coast Guard, and from International partner nations. In addition there were 14 Marine officers selected to attend the US Army School of Advanced Military Studies (SAMS), the US Air Force School of Advanced Air and Space Studies (SAASS), and the US Navy Maritime Advanced Warfighting School (MAWS). Officers from the US Army, US Air Force, US Space Force, US Coast Guard, and International officers will be notified of selection to attend SAW by their service representatives.
2. The following 18 officers from the US Marine Corps are primary selects for SAW AY 2024.
Name MOS / Designator
Albano, Joseph 0302
Ballard, Blaine 0802
Caselton, Jeff Canada
Dagna, Marco Italy
Fiammetta, Thomas 5803
Goddard, Brent 0402
Goldstein, Jeremy 0602
Gray, Justin 0302
Huddleson, Nicholas 0602
Majette, Richard 7202
Maldonado, Zachary 3002
Marion, Christopher 5803
Meier, Nicholas 7202
Ornelas, Timothy 0202
Peter, Jeremiah 0602
Punter, Kees 1302
Rose, Ted 0302
Scott, Matthew Australia
Smith, Brian 0302
Tenbrink, Victor 0202
Waddell, Joshua 0302
3. Alternates. Several applicants were designated as alternates. In the event that a primary selection becomes unavailable, officers selected as alternates will be contacted individually. The following US Marine officers are alternates for SAW AY 2024.
Name MOS / Designator
Dewson, Joseph 0802
Dias, Adelton Brazil
Grant, Daniel 0202
Jankowski, Robert 1302
Leclerc, Arnaud France
Malcolm, Robert 0302
Mateo, Kenneth 7566
Newbold, Jonathan 0802
Sutcliffe, Tara 0202
Vega, James 0302
Vyoral, Austin 0802
4. The following officers were selected for Joint-Service Advanced Intermediate Level School (A-ILS).
Peirce, Garrett 7565
Perez, Christopher 7532
Basile, Brian 0402
Espinoza, Anthony 0102
Gibson, Kelsey 5803
Lander, Brian 0302
Ramsey, Alexander 0602
Rodriquez, Jose 3002
Skarzynski, Benjamin 0302
Thermos, Peter 0402
4.C. The MAWS is a follow-on program to the Naval Command and Staff program. The identified names are designated to participate in the MAWS program.
Hassett, Patrick 0302
Loyco, Daniel 0302
Schoepf, Jonathan 0202
Vanderzee, Anthony 3002
5. US officers selected as either a primary or an alternate should immediately consult their local security manager/special security office to confirm their eligibility for Top Secret/Secret Compartmented Information (TS/SCI). All students must have an investigation initiated so that they have a TS/SCI adjudicated clearance upon graduation in June 2024.
6. Official Passports
6.A. Students selected for SAW will travel to Europe, the Pacific, and Vietnam during the Winter and Spring of AY 2024 and will require an official passport.
6.B. Students should review their permanent change of station (PCS) orders, upon receipt, to ensure that the requirement and justification for an official passport is included in the orders.
7.A. Primary selects must contact the Marine Corps University (MCU) registrar organizational mailbox at email@example.com no later than 6 January 2023 to accept or decline selection to SAW, SAMS, MAWS, and SAASS.
7.B. Officers requiring PCS orders must contact Manpower Management Officer Assignments to coordinate appropriate change of station timeline, per reference (b).
7.C. SAW AY 2024 class start date is 5 July 2023.
7.D. All SAMS, MAWS, and SAASS selects should contact their schools directly for guidance pertaining to check-in times and dates.
7.E. A Marine Corps Resident Command and Staff (CSC) selectee transition brief that covers transition instructions related to leave and administrative actions will be scheduled in coordination with Marine Corps CSC. Non-Marine Corps resident CSC selects, especially those in the National Capital Region will be invited to attend.
7.F. Per reference (a), primary SAW selects are required to validate their undergraduate degrees by submitting official transcripts.
7.F.1. Official transcripts must come directly from the degree granting institution to the MCU Registrar office. Transcripts that are hand delivered or e-mailed from students to MCU are not acceptable.
7.F.2. Mailing address for official transcripts is President, MCU, Attn: Registrar, 2076 South Street, Quantico, Virginia 22134. For institutions that produce electronic official transcripts, the e-mail address is: firstname.lastname@example.org.
7.F.3. Official transcripts for SAW selectees must be received before the first day of class. SAMS, MAWS, and SAASS selects should contact those schools directly for guidance on transcript submission requirements.
7.G. SAW selectees should confirm by e-mail that SAW administration has a correct personal phone number and e-mail address to facilitate communication while in PCS transition and prior to the beginning of the academic year. E-mails should be titled AY 2024 SAW selectee first initial, last name, and sent to email@example.com.
8. Officers currently enrolled in resident or distance education Intermediate Level School must successfully complete the course of study to retain eligibility. For distance education officers, failure to complete the entire course of study by 5 July 2023 terminates eligibility to attend SAW, SAMS, or SAASS during AY 2024.
9. The SAW organizational mailbox is recommended for inquiries and sending information. Personally identifiable information should not be sent via e-mail. Contact message point of contact for more information.
10. Release authorized by Brigadier General Maura M. Hennigan, President, Marine Corps University.//