R 022030Z DEC 22
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MP//
SUBJ/EXTENSION OF SEXUAL ASSAULT PREVENTION AND RESPONSE SERVICES TO SEXUAL HARASSMENT CLAIMANTS//
AMPN/REF A IS REVISED GUIDANCE FOR IMPLEMENTING CROSS CUTTING RECOMMENDATION 1 OF THE TIER 1 RECOMMENDATION OF THE INDEPENDENT REVIEW COMMISSION ON SEXUAL ASSAULT IN THE MILITARY//
REF/B/MSGID: DOC/MCO 1752.5C//
AMPN/REF B IS THE MARINE CORPS SEXUAL ASSAULT PREVENTION AND RESPONSE (SAPR) POLICY//
REF/C/MSGID: DOC/MCO 5354.1F//
AMPN/REF C IS THE MARINE CORPS PROHIBITED ACTIVITIES AND CONDUCT PREVENTION AND RESPONSE POLICY//
POC/A. M. FUZY/CAPT/MPE/TEL: 703-784-9371/ANNA.FUZY@USMC.MIL//
POC/G. BENAVIDES/MGYSGT/MPE/TEL: 703-784-9371/GRISELDA.BENAVIDES1@USMC.MIL//
POC/L. REED/NAF/SAPR/TEL: 703-432-0173/LINDSAY.REED@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. The purpose of this MARADMIN is to announce that sexual harassment complainants are eligible to receive some Sexual Assault Prevention and Response (SAPR) services.
2. Background. In accordance with reference (a), the IRC requires Services to expand SAPR victim advocacy and referral services outlined in reference (b) to sexual harassment claimants. The Marine Corps will accomplish this by leveraging already existing military equal opportunity and SAPR workforces to ensure victims of sexual harassment understand and are provided the opportunity to seek SAPR support services.
3. Equal Opportunity Advisors (EOAs) may refer complainants of sexual harassment to the local sexual assault response coordinator (SARC) for consultation and referral services, if requested.
4. Service members who are complainants of sexual harassment are eligible to discuss their situation directly with a SARC. The SARC will refer the complainant to the military EOA to discuss incident resolution options. At no point is the SARC required to discuss sexual harassment resoltuion options but instead offer consultation and referral services.
5. SARCs may assist sexual harassment complainants to address any immediate safety needs, understand sexual assault reporting options (as applicable), and identify any behavioral health or other services that may be helpful. Safety issues, after consultation with the unit Staff Judge Advocate, will be provided back to the command for action.
6. Sexual harassment case tracking and management will follow the procedures set in reference (c).
7. This MARADMIN is applicable to the active and reserve component.
8. Release authorized by Lieutenant General James F. Glynn, Deputy Commandant for Manpower and Reserve Affairs.//