R 122000Z DEC 22
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MM//
SUBJ/COORDINATING INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE ENTRY AND CREDIT OF JOINT PROFESSIONAL MILITARY EDUCATION (JPME) I AND II//
REF/A/MSGID: DOC/DODI/YMD: 20180403//
REF/B/MSGID: DOC/CJCSI/YMD: 20200720//
REF/C/MSGID: DOC/CJCSI/YMD: 20200515//
NARR/REF A IS DODI 1300.19, DOD JOINT OFFICER MANAGEMENT (JOM) PROGRAM. REF B IS CJCSI 1330.05B, JOINT OFFICER MANAGEMENT PROGRAM PROCEDURES. REF C IS CJCSI 1800.01F, OFFICER PROFESSIONAL MILITARY EDUCATION POLICY.//
POC/A. N. SMYCZYNSKI/MAJ/JOINT OFFICER MATTERS OFFICER/(JOMO)/M&RA/HQMC/MMOA-3/-/TEL: (703) 784-9211/EMAIL: ALLISON.SMYCZYNSKI@USMC.MIL//
POC/S. P. HEBERT/CIV/ASSISTANT JOMO/M&RA/HQMC/MMOA-3/TEL: (703) 784-9730/EMAIL: SIMON.HEBERT@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Per ref (a) through (c), JPME is a subset of PME and reflects a concentration on Joint matters, frequently offered in tandem with the delivery of Service-focused PME. JPME provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to enhance officer performance in Joint duties consistent with policy and legislative requirements for JOM, to include various levels of joint qualification and eligibility for GO/FO selection. Service and Joint PME institutions function as an integrated system with specified PME programs providing accredited JPME.
2. The following are qualifying JPME I and II courses.
2.a. JPME I/Intermediate Level Education (ILE). (Read in two columns):
Marine Corps Command and Staff College 1, 2
College of Naval Command and Staff
College of Distance Education Navy ILE
Naval Post Graduate School
Army Command and General Staff 1
Air Command and Staff College 1
National Defense Intelligence College
National Intelligence University
US Army War College 1
2.b. A list of programs that include JPME I Equivalent Credit Resident International Military College Program can be found at https:(slash)(slash)www.manpower.usmc.mil/webcenter/wccproxy/d?dID=211329
2.c. JPME II/Senior-Level Education. (Read in two columns):
Marine Corps War College 5
College of Naval Warfare 5
Joint and Combined Warfighting School 3, 4
National War College 5
Eisenhower School 5
Joint Advanced Warfighting School 5
Air War College 5
College of Information and Cyberspace 5
College of International Security Affairs 5
Advanced Strategic Leadership Studies Program 5
US Army War College 2, 6
Note 1: Includes the Non-Resident Course
Note 2: Includes the Blended Program
Note 3: Includes the Hybrid Course
Note 4: Includes the Satellite Course
Note 5: Resident Only
Note 6: Students selected to attend the US Army War College Joint Studies Program or Blended Seminar can be awarded JPME II credit. Enrollment is based on a selection process through the Top Level School Board, HQMC, and the Army War College.
3. To view your Joint Officer History (JOH), please visit https:(slash)(slash)dhramission.servicenowservices.mil/jqs. If you have to create a new account, contact the Joint Duty Assignment Management Information System (JDAMIS) Help Desk at email@example.com and request a JDAMIS account. For system issues, please contact USMC JOM.
4. To maintain an accurate JOH and to be eligible for JQO qualifications, submit your JPME I and II certificates/diplomas to USMC JOM's organizational mailboxes, which are as follows:
4.a. For Active Component JOM, the organizational mailbox is at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4.b. For Reserve Component JOM, the organizational mailbox is at email@example.com.
5. Additional information is available on the JOM MMOA-3 website at https:(slash)(slash) www.manpower.usmc.mil/webcenter/portal/OA6/pages_page12.
6. For further information on your JOH, Joint Qualification status, or JPME contact USMC JOM at firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. This MARADMIN is applicable to the Marine Corps Total Force.
8. Release authorized by MajGen Michael J. Borgschulte, Director, Manpower Management Division.//