R 131430Z DEC 22
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MP//
SUBJ/CALL FOR PARTICIPATION IN THE WOMEN IN AVIATION INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE 2023//
POC/M. J. SHEPPARD/CIV/CMC (MPE)/TEL: COM 703-784-9371/DSN 278/ EMAIL: MARC.SHEPPARD@USMC.MIL//
POC/A. QUINONES/SSGT/CMC (MPE)/TEL: COM 703-784-9371/DSN 278/ EMAIL: ANTHONY.QUINONES@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. The 34th Annual Women in Aviation International (WAI) Conference will be held at the Long Beach Convention Center, February 23 – 25, 2023. The Opportunity, Diversity, and Inclusion Branch (MPE) of Manpower and Reserve Affairs will sponsor seven conference registration fees and travel expenses for this event. Conference attendance is open to all Marines, Civilian Marines, and Sailors.
2. WAI is a nonprofit organization dedicated to the encouragement and advancement of women in all aviation and aerospace career fields and interests. They provide year-round resources to assist women in aviation and aerospace and to encourage women to pursue aviation careers. The WAI is a non-federal entity wholly independent of the Marine Corps. More information can be found on their website at https:(slash)(slash)www.wai.org.
3. Commanders are encouraged to authorize Temporary Additional Duty for Marines, Civilian Marines, and Sailors who are attached to their units. Local travel is authorized for members in the local area. All Marine Corps registration fees must be coordinated through the MPE Branch. Rental cars are authorized at the discretion of the command using unit funds.
4. Requests to participate in this event should be emailed to the organizational mailbox MPE_Outreach@usmc.mil via your Officer-in-Charge and include the following information: name, rank, unit, EDIPI, email, and duty station. Submit requests to participate no later than 13 January 2023.
5. Uniform of the day for this event is Service “B” for Marines, service equivalent for Sailors, and business casual for civilians.
6. This MARADMIN is applicable to the Marine Corps Total Force.
7. Release authorized by SES M. R. Melillo, Director, Manpower Plans and Policy Division, Acting.//