R 131600Z DEC 22
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC DMCS//
SUBJ/CALL FOR NOMINATIONS FOR THE 2022 GEICO MILITARY SERVICE AWARDS//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. The GEICO Military Service Awards program recognizes enlisted members of the military for the many contributions they make to their local community and the nation in their dual role as "Citizen and Service Member." The program honors active duty or reserve enlisted members from each of the six armed services and one National Guard member for their achievements and contributions for the good of both civilian and military communities.
2. Award winners will be recognized with a certificate to commemorate their accomplishment and a cash honorarium of $2,500 dollars from the GEICO Philanthropic Foundation.
3. Selections are based on noteworthy accomplishments or recent individual contributions in on-duty leadership and off-duty community involvement. Any Active Duty or Reserve Component enlisted member with at least one year obligated service from the date of nomination is eligible. Previous recipients of this award are ineligible.
4. Each nomination package should contain the following:
4.a. A completed GEICO Military Service Award Package form. This form can be downloaded on the GEICO Military Service Awards website: https:(slash)(slash)www.geico.com/information/military/returning-the-favor/service-awards/
4.b. A cover letter from the nominee's command, endorsed by an O-6 level commander, providing a positive statement about the nominee and the name and telephone number of a unit point of contact.
4.c. One high resolution color photograph, head and shoulders view, in Marine Corps Service Alpha or Navy Service Dress uniform without cover. The photo is required for promotional purposes only.
4.d. (Marine nominations only) One copy of nominee’s basic training record and basic information record.
5. Submission instructions.
5.a. Marine nominations: Submit nominations to the Commandant of the Marine Corps (Safety Division) via official endorsing chain of command to arrive not later than 27 January 2023. Incomplete and late packages will not be considered. Submit packages electronically or via United States Postal Service as follows:
5.a.1. Email: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
5.a.2. USPS: Director, Commandant of the Marine Corps, Safety Division
Attn: Mr. Dale A. Wisnieski
701 S. Courthouse Rd
Arlington, VA 22204-2462
5.b. Sailor nominations: Nomination for Sailors attached to Marine Corps commands will be submitted to the Commander, Naval Safety Center (Code 20) via official endorsing chain of command. Packages are due 27 January 2023. Sailor nomination packages will consist of no more than three pages. Submit packages electronically; if unable, submit via United States Postal Service as follows:
5.b.1. Email: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
5.b.2. USPS: Commander, Naval Safety Command (Code20)
375 A Street
Norfolk, VA 23511-4399
5.c. Complete details may be found at the GEICO military service awards website listed in paragraph 4.a.
6. Commandant of the Marine Corps (Safety Division) will select five nomination packages for active duty and reserve members, and forward to GEICO for final selection.
7. The point of contact is Mr. Dale A. Wisnieski, (703) 604-4459, DSN 664-4459 or email@example.com.
8. Release authorized by Lieutenant General Gregg P. Olson, Director, Marine Corps Staff.//