R 171600Z JAN 23
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MP//
SUBJ/RECRUITER EXTENSION PROGRAM (REP)//
NARR/REF A IS THE DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT REGULATION (DODFMR), VOLUME 7A, CHAPTER 15. REF B MARADMIN 302/17, ADVANCE NOTICE OF CHANGE TO MCO 7220.12R, SPECIAL DUTY ASSIGNMENT PAY (SDAP) PROGRAM. REF C IS MCO P1326.6D W/CH 1 (SDAMAN). REF D IS THE MARINE CORPS PERSONNEL ASSIGNMENT POLICY. REF E IS MCO 7220.12R SPECIAL DUTY ASSIGNMENT PAY (SDAP) PROGRAM DATED 6 AUG 2013. REF F IS ASN MEMO DATED 22 DEC 2021. REF G IS MARADMIN 628/20 DATED 22 OCT 2020//
POC/M. MAHOVICH/GYSGT/RECRUITING MONITOR/MMEA-25/TEL:703-432-9474
POC/M. F. MUNOZ/LTCOL/MCRC G-1/ TEL:703-784-9429/TEL:278-9429//
POC/C. MARTIN/LTCOL/MMEA-1/TEL:703-432-9124/TEL:DSN 278-9124//
POC/C. GRUBB/CIV/MPO/TEL:703-784-9386/TEL:DSN 278-9386//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Purpose. Effective upon release, this message provides amplification of the current Volunteer Supplemental Incentive (VSI) Assignment Incentive Pay (AIP) policy to selected 8411 canvassing recruiters for the purposes of encouraging tour extensions of 6, 9, or 12 months.
2. Canvassing Recruiters and 8411 recruiting sub-station SNCOICs will be offered the opportunity to remain in their billet for an additional 6, 9, or 12 months beyond their required 36-month tour. This extension is based on the needs of the Marine Corps in order to keep experienced canvassing recruiters committed to supporting the Marine Corps end strength. 8411 canvassing recruiters and 8411 recruiting sub-station SNCOICs who are approved will receive up to an additional $750 per month of VSI. VSI will be paid in addition to all other pays and allowances. This includes Special Duty Assignment Pay (SDAP). For example: A canvassing recruiter who extends for 12 months, will be in receipt of $150.00 SDAP, $225.00 AIP and $750.00 VSI for a total of $1,125.00 monthly. A recruiter who extends for 9 months, will be in receipt of $150.00 SDAP, $225.00 AIP and $625.00 VSI for a total of $1,000.00 monthly, and a recruiter who extends for 6 months will be in receipt of $150.00 SDAP, $225.00 AIP and $500.00 VSI for a total of $875.00 monthly. VSI AIP will not be authorized for lump sum payment.
3. Effective this message, recruiters who have less than 240 days remaining on their 36-month tour will be eligible for submission. Marines who are interested will route their request via the NAVMC 11537. Marine Corps District Career Planners will be responsible for submitting an SDA Reenlistment/Extension/Lateral Move (RELM) via TFRS to HQMC for approval.
4. The goal is for RS commanders to submit recommendations through their respective chains of command 8 months prior to the Marine’s rotation date of the current SDA tour. Submissions are due to HQMC NLT 30 September 2023. Requests for extension on SDA only require an endorsement from the first O-6 in the chain of command prior to submission via TFRS to HQMC.
5. Eligibility requirements:
a. Must possess the 8411 BMOS.
b. Must be serving as a canvassing recruiter or 8411 recruiting sub-station SNCOIC.
c. Recruiters must have NAVMC 11537 with favorable command endorsement.
d. Recruiters who are serving as a Military Entrance Processing Station Liaison, Pool Program Specialist, 8411 Officer Selection Assistant, and second tour recruiter are not eligible for extension on the SDA.
e. Extension on active duty 8411 Marines (EAD recruiters) are not eligible due to contract limitations.
6. VSI AIP authorization requirements:
a. Applicants will be required to sign a written agreement. The mandatory applicant agreement statement is provided below and will be contained in the approved SDA RELM:
"I Rank, Last Name, FI, MI, EDIPI understand that, incident to extending my tour of duty as Military Occupational Specialty (MOS) 8411 for an additional period of XX months, I will be paid Volunteer Supplemental Incentive (VSI) Assignment Incentive Pay (AIP) in the amount of $XXX per month for each month of the extension, effective the date of this agreement, less withheld taxes. I further understand that I will be required to serve in the specified billet designated for VSI AIP for the duration of this agreement and that I will meet recruiting standards as established by the RS Commander. Failure to complete this service requirement may result in the termination of this agreement. I understand that repayment will not be sought if my inability to complete the service requirement stated in this agreement is due to my death, illness, injury or other physical impairment, which was not the result of my misconduct, or any other circumstance determined to be reasonably beyond my control."
b. Career Planners will prepare VSI AIP agreement and include them with the accepted SDA RELM in Total Force Retention System (TFRS). VSI AIP contracts must be signed by the Marine and the RS Commander. By direction is not authorized. Written agreements will begin on the 1st day of the month following the completion of the 36-month tour of duty. VSI is not authorized for any period of duty prior to the recruiter crossing the 36-month threshold.
c. Recruiters are not authorized back to back VSI AIP agreements. For example: a recruiter who extends for 6 months would not be eligible for another 6 month extension, despite the program still being active.
7. 8411 recruiters serving on an already approved 6 month or greater tour-extension prior to the effective date of this message are eligible for this program. Recruiters in this situation must meet the criteria in paragraph 7. If approved, VSI AIP will be paid on the effective date of the approval for the remaining months of the current extension. Retroactive payment of VSI AIP is not authorized. Concurrent AIP extensions beyond 12 months are not authorized.
8. Termination. Payment of VSI AIP will terminate when any of the following circumstances occur:
a. Effective date of failure to meet recruiting requirements prescribed by the RS commander.
b. Effective date of service-initiated, or other, no fault-of-the-Marine, curtailment of AIP tour.
c. Effective date of relief or reassignment from the designated VSI AIP billet.
d. Commencement of separation/retirement transition permissive TDY and terminal leave.
e. Completion of the Recruiter Extension Program period.
9. RS commanders are not authorized to make month-to-month suspensions of VSI AIP. Recruiters who do not meet recruiting requirements will be evaluated for continued service and are subject to having their VSI AIP agreements terminated. Marines who require a VSI AIP incentive termination will have a command generated request routed to HQMC in TFRS via the NAVMC 11537 for cancellation of extension on SDA and VSI AIP.
10. Administration and Logistics:
a. Personnel Administration Centers (PACs) or Reporting Unit Instructions. Upon approval of the extension on Recruiting Duty and reaching the original 36 month obligation, stop SDA/AIP using TTC 261 000 STOP INCENTIVE PAY ED XXXXXXXX. Then restart the entitlement using TTC 260 000 the day after the date used to stop the entitlement. For 6 month extension, report STRT INCENT PAY MOS 8411 VOL V MONTHS 06 AIP MONTHLY AMT 725 LUMP SUM AMT 0 EFF DT XXXXXXXX PMT CD AM. For 9 month extension, report STRT INCENT PAY MOS 8411 VOL V MONTHS 09 AIP MONTHLY AMT 850 LUMP SUM AMT 0 EFF DT XXXXXXXX PMT CD AN. For 12 month extension, report STRT INCENT PAY MOS 8411 VOL V MONTHS 12 AIP MONTHLY AMT 975 LUMP SUM AMT 0 EFF DT XXXXXXXX PMT CD AO.
b. Leave and Earning Statement (LES). VSI AIP payments will appear on the Marine's monthly LES as "AIP BILLET MONTHLY".
c. A Draw Case Code (DCC) is reported to account for the number of Marines participating in an extension on an SDA. CMC (MMEA) will enter DCC A7, Extension on SDA, into the Marine Corps Total Force System (MCTFS).
d. Adjustments to the Marine's Expiration of Active Service (EAS) may be required. If additional obligated service is needed to fulfill the commitment, extensions of enlistment will be approved via SDA RELM. Local commanders are not authorized to change a Marine's EAS for this program.
e. This message is not applicable to the Marine Corps Reserve.
f. CG, MCRC will report approved AIP retention agreements quarterly to MP (MPO) at HQMC_MPO@USMC.MIL.
11. Command and signal:
a. Ensure widest dissemination of the contents of this message.
b. Direct all questions regarding this message to the POC’s listed above.
c. This message is effective upon release, and expires on 30 Sep 2023.
12. Release authorized by LtGen James F. Glynn, Deputy Commandant for Manpower and Reserve Affairs (DC, M&RA), Headquarters, U.S. Marine Corps.//