R 191920Z JAN 23
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MF//
SUBJ/HQMC SEMPER FIT SEEKS APPLICATIONS FOR THE 2023 ALL-MARINE MEN’S SOCCER TEAM//
POC/KARI HEMUND/CIV/MFS/DSN 703-784-1233/KARI.HEMUND@USMC-MCCS.ORG//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Headquarters Marine Corps (HQMC) Manpower and Reserve Affairs, Semper Fit (MFS) is seeking applications from active duty/active reserve/activated reserve Marines interested in participating in the 2023 All-Marine Men's Soccer Team. Except for Inactive Ready Reservist (IRR), reserve force is eligible to participate on All-Marine Sports teams but must be placed on orders Active Duty for Operational Support or similar by their command to participate and receive Temporary Additional Duty (TAD) funds for travel from HQMC.
2. The All-Marine Men's Soccer Trial Camp dates are from 23 March – 3 April 2023 and the Armed Forces Championship is 4-12 April 2023. Both events will be held aboard MCB Camp Pendleton, CA hosted by the US Marine Corps.
3. To the fullest extent possible, commanding officers should support Marines to apply who exhibit superior performance of specific sport skills and are encouraged to sign All-Marine Sport applications which authorize the potential TAD of Marines who are attached to their units.
4. The application form is located at https:(slash)(slash)usmc-mccs.org/services/fitness/all-marine-sports/.
5. Interested Marines must submit applications directly to MFS no later than 16 February 2023. Please email completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. To be considered for participation applicant must include:
a. Scores for the following All-Marine Sports standard testing events, in section VI of the application: Three Repetition Maximum (3RM) Deadlift, Bench Press and Squat; One Repetition Maximum (RM) Broad Jump and Pro-Agility; most current three mile and 880 yard running time. Detailed information on how to complete the events can be found at https:(slash)(slash)usmc-mccs.org/services/fitness/all-marine-sports/.
b. Personal sports experience/bio.
c. Proof of participation in two higher level tournaments within the past two years. Waivers to this requirement may be approved by MFS based on circumstances.
7. To participate, applicants are required to have a valid Government Travel Charge Card and an active Defense Travel System account.
8. HQMC MFS will fund the travel costs associated with this event.
9. This message is canceled on 31 December 2023.
10. Release authorized by SES M. C. Balocki, Director, Marine and Family Programs Division.//