R 241200Z JAN 23
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MP//
SUBJ/2023 CIVILIAN TRAINING, EDUCATION, AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT SYMPOSIUM ANNOUNCEMENT//
POC/W. A. HEATH/CIV/MPC30/TEL: 703-432-9412/WADE.HEATH@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Purpose. This MARADMIN announces the convening of the Civilian Training, Education, and Professional Development (TE&PD) annual symposium from 1 to 5 May 2023.
2. Background. The TE&PD symposium provides continuing education for civilian human resources professionals and command-level training managers who support and provide guidance to commanders, supervisors, and managers concerning civilian workforce TE&PD programs. The Director, Civilian Human Resources (Office Code: MPC 30) conducts training and professional development on current and future civilian workforce development initiatives, human capital statutes, and emergent policy that shapes civilian workforce TE&PD functions across the Marine Corps.
3. All servicing civilian Human Resources Development Strategic Advisors (HRDSA) and Command Training Managers (CTM) are highly encouraged to register in order to attend.
4. Registration Required. Attendees are required to register and be confirmed by MPC-30. Registration will close on 15 April 2023. Confirmed attendees will be notified via separate correspondence. To register, submit the below information to the Civilian Workforce Development organizational mailbox: MPC30@usmc.mil.
(1) LNAME, FNAME, MI
(3) Occupational Series
(5) Org code / UIC
(7) Current billet assignment
(8) Servicing HRO
(9) Work phone number (DSN and/or COMM)
(10) Email address
(11) Mode of travel
(12) Is Ground transportation required during the course (yes or no)
(13) Does nominee possess GTCC (yes or no)
5. Briefs. Briefs will be available approximately one week prior to the symposium via separate correspondence. Attendees must also be prepared to provide a (10) minute presentation related to issues and concerns impacting TE&PD programs effecting their command’s civilian employees.
6. Funding/Travel/Billeting. Funding, travel, and billeting instructions will be coordinated by MPC-30 via separate correspondence.
7. Location. The symposium will be held 1 – 5 May at the Hilton Garden Inn, 1060 Hospitality Lane Fredericksburg, Virginia 22401.
8. Dress Code. Business Casual.
9. This MARADMIN is applicable to Marine Corps Commands with authorized (appropriated funded) civilian structure on the Table of Organization.
10. Release authorized by LtGen James F. Glynn, Deputy Commandant for Manpower and Reserve Affairs.//