R 250800Z JAN 23
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MF//
SUBJ/MARINE CORPS ANNUAL SEXUAL ASSAULT AWARENESS AND PREVENTION MONTH POSTER CONTEST//
POC/J. Smith/CIV/UNIT: MFB/-/TEL: 703-784-9476/EMAIL: JASON.M.SMITH@USMC.MIL//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Purpose. To announce the Marine Corps Annual Commandant of the Marine Corps (CMC) sponsored poster contest in recognition of Sexual Assault Awareness and Prevention Month (SAAPM) in April 2023. The winning designs receive special commendation/appreciation from the CMC.
2. Background. In April 2023, the Department of Defense marks its 19th annual observance of SAAPM with the ongoing theme “Step Forward. Prevent. Report. Advocate.” This theme is a call to action for individuals at all levels use their personal strength to advance positive change in preventing sexual violence.
3. This poster contest is open to all Marines and attached Service Members to Marine units. One winning design and up to three runners-up will be selected and winning designs will be featured in Marine Corps materials.
4. Sexual Assault Response Coordinators (SARC) are encouraged to host local poster contests and organize local awards and recognition efforts for participation and top entrants in their area of responsibility. SARCs should then submit all designs from the local contests and release forms to Headquarters Marine Corps (HQMC) SAPR by 28 February 2023 to firstname.lastname@example.org. All directions and required forms are posted at https:(slash)(slash)usmc-mccs.org/articles/sexual-assault-awareness-and-prevention-month-annual-poster-contest/
5. If the local SARC is hosting a poster contest, interested Marines and attached Service Members should submit their posters directly to the SARC. If the local SARC is not hosting a poster contest, Marines and Service Members can submit their designs (with command endorsement) and release forms directly to HQMC SAPR by 28 February 2023 to email@example.com. Required forms are posted on the website listed above.
6. Winners will be selected April 2023.
7. This MARADMIN is applicable to the Active Component and members of the Selected Marine Corps Reserve.
8. This MARADMIN is cancelled 30 November 2023.
9. Release authorized by LtGen James F. Glynn, Deputy Commandant for Manpower and Reserve Affairs.//