R 060800Z FEB 23
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC PPO PO WASHINGTON DC//
SUBJ/UPDATE TO REAL-ID GUIDANCE FOR SITE PERIMETER ACCESS CONTROL FEB-2023//
NARR/REFERENCE A IS MCO 5530.13, MARINE CORPS SITE PERIMETER ACCESS CONTROL.//
POC/MR. TONY PIERCE/CIV/UNIT: PPO PO/EMAIL: CHARLES.A.PIERCE1@USMC.MIL/TEL: (703)695-7202//
POC/KENNETH PANGANIBAN/SSGT/UNIT: PPO PO/EMAIL: KENNETH.PANGANIBAN@USMC.MIL/TEL: (703)692-4272//
POC/STEVEN MUNJOY/CTR/UNIT: PPO PO/EMAIL: STEVEN.MUNJOY.CTR@USMC.MIL/TEL: (703)692-4234//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. This MARADMIN provides an update to reference (a).
2. Background. Reference (a) provides site perimeter access control guidelines and further defines source identity documents required to gain access to Marine Corps sites. The REAL-ID compliant driver’s license or identification card is identified as an acceptable document. The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has extended the REAL-ID full enforcement date to May 7, 2025. This extension allows the use of REAL-ID compliant and non REAL-ID compliant driver’s licenses and identification cards for identity purposes to access federal facilities, including military installations, during this approved term. Commands are encouraged to track updates to REAL ID status and guidance at https:(slash)(slash)www.dhs.gov/real-id/aboutreal-id, as terms may change. Marine Corps policy will remain consistent with DHS guidance. Should another extension be issued by DHS, the use of REAL-ID or non REAL-ID compliant driver’s licenses and identification cards for identity will be permitted accordingly.
3.A. Marine Corps sites may continue to accept, for access control purposes, a State (including DC and United States territories) issued driver's license or non-driver's license and/or identification cards regardless of the presence of the "REAL ID star."
3.B. Any driver’s license or identification card that bears a marking of "Not Valid for Federal Purposes," "Federal Limits May Apply," "Not For Official Use," or other similar markings MAY NOT be used for access.
4. Execution. Commanders will ensure widest dissemination.
5. Administration and Logistics. The remaining requirements of reference (a) remain in effect.
5.A. This MARADMIN applies to state driver license and identification cards only and does not apply to any other approved federal credentials.
5.B. Direct questions regarding this MARADMIN to the points of contact identified in this MARADMIN.
5.C. Further DHS REAL-ID guidance is available at www.dhs.gov/real-id.
6. Command and Control. This MARADMIN is applicable to the Total Force.
7. Release authorized by Major General R. B. Turner, Jr, Director, Operations Division, Plans, Policies and Operations.//