R 081215Z FEB 23
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MF//
SUBJ/HQMC SEMPER FIT SEEKS APPLICATIONS FOR THE 2023 ALL-MARINE MEN’S AND WOMEN’S RUNNING TEAMS//
POC/KARI HEMUND/CIV/MFS/DSN 703-784-1233/ KARI.HEMUND@USMC-MCCS.ORG//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Headquarters Marine Corps Semper Fit and Recreation (MFS) is seeking applications from active duty/active reserve/activated reserve Marines interested in participating on the All-Marine Men’s and Women’s Running Teams. With the exception of Inactive Ready Reservist (IRR), reserve force is eligible to participate on All-Marine Sports teams but must be placed on orders Active Duty for Operational Support or similar by their command to participate and receive Temporary Additional Duty (TAD) funds for travel from HQMC.
2. The anticipated events in 2023 are the Historic Half Marathon, with a tentative date of 17-22 May 2023 in Fredericksburg, VA, and the Armed Forces Marathon Championship with a tentative date of 25-30 October 2023 in Washington, DC. Confirmed dates will be announced later.
3. The All-Marine Men’s and Women’s Running Teams offer Marines the opportunity to represent the United States Marine Corps in competitions, including the Historic Half-Marathon, the Armed Forces Marathon Championship, and the possibility of other events.
4. To the fullest extent possible, commanding officers should support Marines to apply who exhibit superior performance of specific sport skills and are encouraged to sign All-Marine Sports applications, which authorize potential TAD for Marines attached to their units.
5. The minimum standards for applying are as follows:
5k 00:17 (Hour: Minutes)
10k 00:35 (Hour: Minutes)
l0 miles 00:58 (Hour: Minutes)
Half-Marathon 1:18 (Hour: Minutes)
Marathon 2:48 (Hour: Minutes)
5k 00:20 (Hour: Minutes)
l0k 00:41 (Hour: Minutes)
l0 miles 1:08 (Hour: Minutes)
Half-Marathon 1:32 (Hour: Minutes)
Marathon 3:15 (Hour: Minutes)
6. Applicants are required to submit times from races completed within the past year.
7. The application form is located at https:(SLASH)(SLASH)usmc-mccs.org/services/fitness/all-marine-sports/.
8. Applications for the All-Marine Running Teams are accepted year-round, however to be considered for specific events, interested Marines must submit applications directly to MFS no later than 29 April 2023 for the Historic Half Marathon and 6 September 2023 for the Armed Forces Marathon Championship. Please email completed applications to email@example.com.
9. To participate, Marines are required to have a valid Government Travel Charge Card and an active Defense Travel System account.
10. HQMC MFS will fund the travel cost associated with this event.
11. This message is canceled on 31 December 2023.
12. Release authorized by SES M. C. Balocki, Director, Marine and Family Programs Division.//