R 081715Z FEB 23
MSGID/GENADMIN/CMC/CMC WASHINGTON DC MRA MF//
SUBJ/HQMC SEMPER FIT SEEKS APPLICATIONS FOR THE 2023 ALL-MARINE WOMEN’S SOFTBALL TEAM//
POC/KARI HEMUND/CIV/MFS/DSN 703-784-1233/KARI.HEMUND@USMC-MCCS.ORG//
GENTEXT/REMARKS/1. Headquarters Marine Corps Semper Fit and Recreation (MFS) is seeking applications from active duty/active reserve/activated reserve Marines interested in participating on the 2023 All-Marine Women’s Softball Team. With the exception of Inactive Ready Reservist (IRR), reserve force is eligible to participate on All-Marine Sports teams but must be placed on orders Active Duty for Operational Support or similar by their command to participate and receive Temporary Additional Duty (TAD) funds for travel from HQMC.
2. Tentative dates for the All-Marine Women's Softball Trial Camp are 22 July 2023-3 August 2023 and 4-9 August 2023 for the Armed Forces Championship. Tentative dates for Nationals are 10-21 August 2023. Confirmed dates and locations will be announced later.
3. To the fullest extent possible, commanding officers should support Marines to apply who exhibit superior performance of specific sport skills and are encouraged to sign All-Marine Sport applications, which authorize potential TAD for Marines attached to their units.
4. The application form is located at https:(slash)(slash)usmc-mccs.org/services/fitness/all-marine-sports/.
5. Interested Marines must submit applications directly to MFS no later than 24 April 2023. Please email completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. To be considered for participation applicant must include:
a. Scores for the following All-Marine Sports standard testing events in section VI of the application: three repetition maximum ARM) deadlift, bench press and squat; one RM broad jump and Pro-Agility Test; and most current three mile and 880 yard running time. Detailed information on how to complete the events can be found at https:(slash)(slash)usmc-mccs.org/services/fitness/all-marine-sports/.
b. Personal sports experience/bio.
c. Proof of participation in two USA Softball or equivalent sanctioned tournaments within the past two years. Waivers for this requirement may be approved by MFS based on specific circumstances.
7. To participate, Marines are required to have a valid Government Travel Charge Card and an active Defense Travel System account.
8. HQMC MFS will fund the travel costs associated with this event.
9. This message is canceled on 31 December 2023.
10. Release authorized by SES M. C. Balocki, Director, Marine and Family Programs Division.//